Loves Lane Cottages
Cottage in Dumbalk
Comprising of individually designed, luxury, fully equipped, self-contained cottages boasting magnificent views no matter what the season the property also includes a small orchard, gardens and trees surrounding a large pond and Gazebo.
This is a live booking with instant confirmation
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
We have four fully self-contained cottages, each built in the colonial traditional style; the Orchard Cottage (sleeps 2), the Sunset Cottage (sleeps 4), The North Valley View Cottage (sleeps 4) and the South Valley View Cottage (sleeps 4). The South Cottage has additional disabled facilities.
All cottages are individually designed boasting magnificent views no matter what the season. The property also includes a small orchard, gardens and trees surrounding a large pond and Gazebo.
Heating & Cooling – Cozy wood heaters or Gas Log fire, split system air conditioning and ceiling fans provide you with the means to be comfortable whatever the weather conditions.
Sleeping – High quality colonial style Queen size beds with electric blankets
Kitchens – The kitchens have all the quality modern conveniences that you need including cutlery and crockery.
Bathrooms – Bathrooms have either a claw foot deep bath or corner spa, hairdryer and a full size vanity with ample storage space. All bathroom linen is supplied and is of the highest quality.
Entertainment System – A surround sound entertainment unit that includes a Playstation 3 or XBox 360 is provided to give you maximum pleasure when listening to CD’s, playing games or watching your favourite TV show, DVD or Blu ray movie on the LCD flat screen TV. A range of DVD’s and XBox / Playstation games are available at no charge from reception
Boardgames – A few games are provided in each cottage.
BBQ & Balcony Facilities – We have a large covered BBQ shelter which overlooks the hills and valley below as well as private BBQ and utensils for your balcony upon request.
Gym – Treadmill / Stepping Machine / Exercise Bike / Rower / Fold up Push Bikes
Laundry Facilities – A separate shared laundry facility is available with a washing machine and dryer and an iron and ironing board is supplied in each cottage.
- Laundry facilities
- Pets not allowed
- No smoking
- BBQ - Gas
- Spa Bath
- CD Player
- Accept VISA
- Accept MasterCard
- Air conditioning
- Linen supplied
- Log fires
- Fans (ceiling/standard)
- Camp kitchen
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Books/Magazines Supplied
- Videos/DVDs Supplied
- Bath towels provided
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking facilities
- Electric stove
- Hair dryer
- Heaters provided
- Iron and ironing board
- Reverse cycle heating
- Washing machine
- Video Games
Detailed DIRECTIONS TO LOVES LANE COTTAGES.
From the direction of Melbourne there are two ways:
1. South Gippsland Highway (Route: A440). 2.5 hrs from Melbourne city but this is the most enjoyable drive.
Take the South Gippsland Highway through to Leongatha. You’ll come to a T-Intersection at the Strzelecki Highway (B460). Take the left turn toward Mirboo North. Drive approximately 3 klms until you get to a small road sign showing Mardan Road and turn right. Continue 16klms along Mardan Road and enjoy the scenery on both sides. You’ll come to a large green state road sign pointing right to Dumbalk and Meeniyan (the C455) – may also be sign posted “LOVES LANE” until someone takes it again . Turn right and travel about 1 klm down the hill. On the right you’ll see Loves Lane Cottages.
**Please also note that a GPS may route you a different way once you get to Leongatha. This will take you right, rather than left, at Leongatha and then via Meeniyan and Dumbalk. If you go this way, you’ll need to turn left at the C455 sign toward Mirboo North – this is Loves Lane – travel approx. 3 klms and our cottages are on the left clearly visible.
2. Melbourne Freeway to Trafalgar (The M1). 2 hrs from Melbourne city.
Take the M1 to Trafalgar. Turn right on the C469 toward Thorpdale. Travel the length of the road (about 20klms) through Thorpdale and all the way to the T-Intersection at the Strzelecki Hwy (B460) and turn right toward Mirboo-North, another 7klms. Turn right at the T-Intersection in Mirboo North, past IGA supermarket and the local hotel and turn left at the green state road sign toward Dumbalk and Meeniyan (the C455). Follow the C455 for about 15klms and you come to another green state road sign pointing a hard left displaying the C455 again, toward Dumbalk and Meeniyan- – may also be sign posted “LOVES LANE” until someone takes it again. Turn left and travel about 1 klm down the hill. On the right you’ll see Loves Lane Cottages.
From the NSW East Coast / Sale / Traralgon
Follow the M1 past the Morwell turn-off . Take the left turn on the Strzelecki Hwy (B460) to Mirboo North – 25klms. Turn right at the T-Intersection in Mirboo North, past IGA supermarket and the local hotel and turn left at the green state road sign toward Dumbalk and Meeniyan (the C455). Follow the C455 for about 15klms and you come to another green state road sign pointing a hard left displaying the C455 again, toward Dumbalk and Meeniyan- – may also be sign posted “LOVES LANE” until someone takes it again. Turn left and travel about 1 klm down the hill. On the right you’ll see Loves Lane Cottages.
During your stay - During your stay we ask that you respect the following rules
- Security - Ensure your cottage and vehicle is always secure. We are not responsible for any theft during your occupancy. If theft or damage occurs during your stay as a result of the property being left unsecured, the guest is responsible for any loss or damage.
- Appliances - Please do not leave appliances on when you are not on the property.
- The Air conditioner or Gas Log Fire should not be left on whilst you are away.
- Please do not remove anything from the cottage during your stay
- Bathroom Towels are not to be used to sunbake or for beach use
- Footwear left Outside - Because the cottages all have wooden flooring, please ensure footwear remains at the main entry door
- Sand & Dirt - If you have been to the beach or rolling around in the mud, please ensure it stays outside. There is a tap and hose to wash sand / dirt off outside the laundry facility and another attached to the Valley North Cottage.
- NO SMOKING inside the cottages – a dry cleaning fee of AUD$400 WILL BE CHARGED. Ashtrays can be found on your balcony – if there is no ashtray, please ask at reception.
- Cooking Odours - Any loss of income as a result of cooking odours is recoverable from the guest responsible for the cottage, including the refusal by Incoming guests to take up a confirmed booking due to abnormally strong cooking odours from previous tenancies. Such losses are to include deodorising the entire cottage and recovery of loss of revenue. Guests are requested to utilize an outside BBQ for cooking fish or curry.
- The driveways within Loves Lane Cottages facility has a 10kph speed restriction. Guests and visitors using pushbikes, skateboards and scooters are required to wear the safety equipment required by law when using these thoroughfares.
- The registered guest has the responsibility of ensuring that people staying with them behave in an appropriate manner, and conforms with our terms and conditions. The registered guest will be held responsible for the conduct of persons staying with them, and be financially liable for any costs arising out of bad behaviour.
- NO ENTERTAINING - This facility has a “NO ENTERTAINING” policy. Loves Lane Cottages is known and or advertised as an adult country retreat. There are to be no more people in the guest rooms at any time other than the specific number of guests in your reservation. We do not accept bookings for "Hens Nights" or "Bucks Nights" or any other groups likely to cause a disruption for our other guests or our neighbours.
Check-in & check-out times
Terms & conditions
A Minimum 2 nights stay applies to Loves Lane Cottages. For one night stays, please check with us for availability and tariff. Prices may vary during peak periods including Xmas , New Year, Easter and Victoria Public holiday weekends. We are sorry but we do not allow children under the age of 16 . This is because of possible hazards on the property and for the comfort of other guests. Babies under 1 year of age are free but please bring your own cot / bassinet. Pets are not allowed at Loves Lane Cottages Rates and Minimum stays may vary during peak periods.
Check-in: 2pm / Check-out: no later than 10am - Thankyou!
Payment Policy A 50% deposit is required if booking directly with Loves Lane Cottages with the balance due on arrival. We accept Visa & Master Card and direct online banking. Money Order or cheque will only be accepted for deposits. This must be done by arrangement and booking confirmation will be provided upon bank clearance.
Cancellations -We understand that there are circumstances that will result in a cancellation of your booking. If a circumstance arises where you cannot keep your booking it is imperative to contact us so that you can avoid being charged deposits or other fees and charges.
- Cancellations notified prior to 14 days from the booking date receive a full deposit refund less a $15 Admin / Credit Card fee
- Unless otherwise agreed, cancellations notified within 14 days of the booking date will attract a full deposit penalty.
- Unless otherwise agreed, a no show will attract the full cottage rate unless otherwise agreed.
- Loves Lane Cottages reserves the right to cancel reservations with declined credit cards.
Melanie Milson - Plumpton, VIC, July, 2015
Beautiful setting, lovely cabins, had everything you could want plus more. We had a very restful stay. Would have been perfect had the owner not decided to mow the vast lawns for 2 hours on a ride on lawn mower right out the front of the cabins on Saturday morning, spoilt the serenity which is why you drive hours and hours out into the country to stay.