Private Comfortable bungalow for 2
Cottage in Bayswater9 reviews (5.0)
At the rear of our garden a secluded, self-contained bungalow is awaiting your stay.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
The bungalow is the perfect place for up to 2 guests. Whether you’re here to visit family and friends. A corporate traveller with business located in the outer Eastern suburbs or a traveller wanting to explore this region of Victoria or Melbourne’s CBD.
The bungalow consists of the following:
• a generous sized bedroom with a Queen size bed
• a seating area with a comfortable 2-seater leather sofa and coffee table
• Private bathroom
• A Kitchen/Diner - with a 4 seater dining table
After a day of exploring, relax in the afternoon sun on your own private balcony that overlooks the garden. It is also the ideal spot for alfresco dining, with the new addition of a guest Ziegler & Brown BBQ. Accompany your meal with a glass of wine from the complimentary bottle that you will receive upon arrival.
If you wish to prepare a meal inside, there is a fully functional kitchen with a ceramic cooktop, rangehood, new oven, microwave oven, full sized fridge/freezer, double sink, kettle, crockery, utensils etc.
Other benefits include:
• complimentary Wi-Fi and Netflix
• Smart LG 40” TV
• 2 split systems that keep the bungalow warm in Winter and cool in the Summer.
• DAB + Bluetooth radio
• Quality Linen and towels
• Wardrobe and set of drawers to store your clothes during your stay
• Coffee Machine with complimentary coffee pods. There is also a supply of both instant coffee, tea and sugar
• A selection of biscuits and crackers
• A Guest Manual and an array of tourist brochures
• Off-street parking for 1 car
• On request, you may also use our laundry facilities that are located in the main house.
• Myki travel cards - If you are planning to take public transport, feel free to borrow the Myki cards that can be found in the blue folder. Please remember to leave them behind for the next guests.
Things to do:
The Dandenong Ranges
- Puffing Billy steam train
- Bush walks
- Shops and Galleries in Olinda, Belgrave and Sassafras
- SkyHigh atop Mount Dandenong
- Wineries – some of Australia's top wineries are located in the Yarra Valley. There are over 40 cellar doors to visit.
- World class food and wine
- Craft breweries
- Markets and festivals throughout the year
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Wineries e.g. Domaine, Chandon and Rochford Wines
- Arts and Craft stores
- Peninsula Hot Springs
- Wineries e.g. Port Phillip Estate and T'Gallant
- Merricks General Wine Store
- Arthurs Seat Eagle
- Mornington Racecourse Market and Red Hill Community Market
- Easy access to the Melbourne CBD via Eastlink/Eastern Freeway. Approximately a 30 minute drive. Or take the train, which is less than a 5 minute drive from home. An express train will take approximately 40 minutes.
The Eastern Freeway (toll pass required for parts of the freeway) is 5 minutes up the road. One direction will take you directly into the city while heading the other way will take you towards a number of Melbourne's top coastal destinations Sorrento, Phillip Island and Portsea (great day trip locations) as well as the Mornington Peninsula.
Access to the Bungalow is through a locked gate which is at the end of the driveway, next to the garage.
Should you require to do any laundry during your stay, please feel free to arrange with us to put a load of washing on in the laundry located in the main house.
A car parking space is available to the side of our driveway.
Interaction with Guests
Craig and I live on the premises with our two young daughters, Claire and Abby, a Shihtzu Maltese called Oscar and a British Shorthair kitten called Tui.
Since we live on the premises, we will meet you on arrival. During your stay we are more than happy to help with directions or any questions you may have.
We are a 5 minute drive from Westfield Knox and a 10 minute drive to the newly redeveloped and extended Eastland shopping centre in Ringwood. We are also a few back streets away from the Bayswater train station and shopping centre (which also has a an Aldi and Coles Supermarket).
We recommend that you have a car to allow you to explore surrounding attractions.
There is a bus stop at the end of our street where you can catch a bus (737) that will take you to Boronia Railway Station. Or, its a 5 minute drive to Bayswater Station.