Silver Ridge Retreat
Cabins in Sheffield5 reviews (4.4)
Self contained cottage accommodation with lovely mountain views offering: An indoor heated swimming pool, onsite trout fishing, a silver mine to explore and quad biking adventures, Silver Ridge Retreat is set alongside Sheffield's Mt Roland.
This is a live booking with instant confirmation
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
Stay 3 nights, there's so much to do. Offering Air Conditioning in all rooms, an indoor heated swimming pool, onsite trout fishing, a silver mine to explore and quad biking adventures, Silver Ridge Retreat is set alongside Sheffield's Mt Roland. All accommodation offer lovely views of the mountains.
Guests can go hiking on one of the many walking trails surrounding the retreat, including the 7 hour Mt Roland Summit Track. There are evening native wildlife tours (subject to weather) to see brush tail possums, wallabies, owls and platypus.
Accommodation options include cottages, private suites and dormitory rooms. Most accommodation offers cooking facilities and some feature a spa bath. All accommodation has tea/coffee making facilities.
Sheffield Silver Ridge Retreat is 10 minutes¿ drive from restaurants and shops in Sheffield. It is 15 minutes drive from Tasmazia, the world¿s largest maze and 35 minutes drive from Cradle Mountain.
Onsite activities include:
- Quad biking adventures
- Evening wildlife walks to see native Possum, Wallaby, Platypus & Owl (subject to weather).
- Indoor heated swimming pool offering magnificent views of the mountain and countryside
- Trout fishing: Our dams are stocked with Rainbow Trout. Tasmanian fishing licence is required - fly or lure and catch and release only. Ready access to many of the highland lakes and the Mersey and Dasher rivers for excellent trout fishing in season.
- Silver Mine, visit our very own 1870's Silver Mine and marvel at the work accomplished with basic tools, not to mention natures own stalactites, cave spiders and glow-worms
- Horse Riding, Children's led pony rides, subject to weather and availability. Offsite Adult/Family accompanied trail rides are offered from and off the property courtesy of Trailride Pty Ltd. Rides of an hour or 2 cover the tracks on the property and the surrounding fire and logging trails on the slopes of Mt Roland. Good views of the mountains and valleys of the area can be enjoyed. Two riders, under 85 kg, can be accommodated at a time and absolute beginners, over 10 years of age, are welcome but for safety reasons only 1 beginner at a time can be taken on trail rides. All saddlery and riding helmets provided. Unless experienced trail riders must be 10 years old or older,.
Offsite activities nearby include:
- Trowunna Wildlife Park, near Mole Creek. See hand fed Tasmanian Devils, pat a Koala, and cuddle a baby Wombat while the knowledgeable guides share their enthusiasm for wildlife conservation.
- Tasmazia, The world's largest Maze Complex plus Lavender Farm, Honey Boutique, Pancake Parlour, Village of Lower Crackpot (1/5 size model town) and Embassy Gardens. You may even get to meet the Laird (full size but gentle).
- Redwater Creek Steam Train Railway, ride heritage train coaches pulled by a 1906 Krauss 610mm gauge locomotive in nearby Sheffield
- Dozens of other activites and attractions including mural, art, steam & food festivals.