Tamar Boat House
Guest house in Kayena10 reviews (4.9)
You deserve it - luxurious, stylish, private and absolute waterfront.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
You arrive after an easy 35 minute drive from Launceston. The manicured grounds and ornamental trees a breath of fresh air. From the outside, the building was obviously a boat house in earlier years. It is quite modern now, rendered brickwork, tinted and double glazed windows and doors, modern colour schemes. Modern, although there are some cleverly placed eclectic tell-tale signs of the past.
You enter through the main door with the quirky water glass panes, instantly greeted by a completely renovated and luxurious self-contained cottage. Light grey tones give it a clean, very light and airy feel. The furnishings of high quality leather sofa, large 46" LED TV, and high end kitchen with granite bench top assure you that no expense has been spared here.
There is an obvious nautical theme that's been done in a style that is very classy and fresh. The lamps made from shipping rope, the framed photographs taken at local marinas, to the nautical odds and ends both inside and out.
The bedroom is pure class. King size bed, with luxurious bedding and many comfy pillows. You sit on the bed whilst unpacking, instantly knowing that this is not your average hotel mattress. Very inviting.
You notice the quality fitout extends to the ensuite. Large floor to ceiling Italian tiles, a large 1200mm shower with sliding glass door.
A wood fire ensures warmth and romance during the cooler months.
You join your partner for a drink on the private boardwalk at the waters edge. There is no one to be seen. You are alone. The tide is coming in, the salmon are jumping, and the seagulls make the most of the remaining daylight for a last minute feed. You have only been here an hour, yet the city is now a distant memory.
You wonder where you should eat tonight. There are many eateries within 10-15 minutes’ drive. Or should you make use of the beautiful kitchen and prepare something special for your partner. Perhaps do it together as time rarely permits such simple pleasure in everyday life.
The sun sets, casting its orange hue over the water and surrounding hills. Hours have passed, doing nothing but simply watching the water and enjoying some of the fine local sparkling.
You wake, the bed is so comfortable you are not sure that you want to rise at all today. You open the large glass doors, to be greeted by the water mere metres from your feet. The morning sunlight is shimmering across the water, the local birdlife active and enjoying their breakfast. Not a road, car, or person in sight.
You have received a long overdue dose of relaxation, which is not unwelcome, and certainly addictive. You know you will be back to this magical spot.
Things to see and do
- Choose from a large number and variety of cool climate vineyards within the beautiful Tamar Valley and Pipers River wine region.
- Numerous vineyards located within 5 minutes drive include Tamar Ridge, Holm Oak, and Goaty Hill
- Auld Kirk Church 1845 convict and free labour stone church, Sidmouth 5-10 mins
- Batman Bridge 5-10 mins
- Seahorse World and Platypus House - 15 mins
- City of Launceston and Cataract Gorge 35 mins
- Greens Beach and Greens beach Golf Course. 30 mins
- Barnbougle Dunes Golf Course, Bridport (Worlds Top 100 - 35th) golf course and Australia's number 1 public course. 50-55 mins
- Narawntapu National Park 35 mins
- Beaconsfield Gold mine and Grubb Shaft Mine Museum 10mins
- Nearby Beauty Point is home to the Australian Maritime College and Port Dalrymple Yacht Club. 15-20mins
- Bridestowe Lavender Farm 35 mins
(NB: Driving times are approximations only)
We can cater for your every need and customise a personalised package to suit. Perhaps you want to get the scene right for that special question - or have someone prepare that special meal - or simply arrange the food items so that you do not have to stop at a supermarket on the way!
Just a few ideas:
- Luxury vehicle airport transfers (Audi RS4 Sports) are available if you want to make the getaway more special for you and your partner.
- Grocery orders delivered to the Boat House prior to your arrival
- Wine/Champagne/Cheese platters prepared for your arrival, and during your stay
- Fresh flowers of choice
- Candles burning for set time arrivals
- We can do whatever you need to complete your stay - all you need to do is ask!