Platypus Park Country Retreat
Self-contained apartment in Bridport
A comfortable three bedroom fully self contained cottage, on an Eco certified property, perfect for family holidays, or golfing groups going to Barnbougle Dunes or Lost Farm. WiFi in your apartment.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
Bridport - home of Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm links golf courses, two of the top 100 in the world, just five minutes drive from your home away from home. Shops, bakery, hotels, take aways, supermartket, restaurant, post office, fuel station. Sporting facilities, childrens playgrounds, beautiful beaches, and boat launching - the good life.
Platypus Park Country Retreat is Eco certified and registered as a Land for Wildlife property, therefore you should be able to spot a platypus in the river or dams, a wallaby grazing the paddocks or a possum up a tree! Birdlife abounds and the resident Sea Eagle soars over head. "Eco" at it's best, with solar energy, hotwater, waste management and water recycling.
Firstly we are offering you a self contained two storey, three bedroom cottage.
Wattle Spa Cottage
- Two queen beds, three single beds.
- You will have a full kitchen facility, including a dishwasher and microwave, full stove and fridge all crockery cutlery and cooking utensils are provided.
- The lounge/ dining/kitchen is a combined area
- Flat screen HD TV, DVD & video, cd/tape/radio.
- The bathroom has a large double oval bath, separate shower recess and hand basin, hair dryer, toiletries. Separate toilet.
- Reverse cycle air conditioner.
- Share Laundry washing machine & dryer &ironing board and iron.
- The cottage can cater for seven guests.
- Breakfast hampers can be supplied for an extra charge $10.00 per person, this includes our free range eggs.
We can also offer:
a one bedroom apartment Brid.
and a two bedroom apartment Forester.
Situated on a small farm, with cattle, trout fishing dams, and walks, it is peace and tranquility. You will also have use of our pool table and games room, BBQ facility and garden Gazebo.
Organic vegetable garden, solar power, rain water tanks, worm farm and composting, waste recycling = sustainability.
The town centre is just two minutes by car, or 15 minutes walk, where you will have a choice of cafes, hotels and take way food outlets, supermarket, bakery and a variety of other shopping choices.
Bridport boast several pristine beaches and you should not miss the wildflower walk, history foreshore walk and the bush to beach walk around the town.
Many visitors to this region enjoy:
- Golf at Barnbougle Dunes
- Bridestowe Lavender Farm
- Derby mountain bike trails
- Lilydale Falls
- Hollybank MTB trails
- Cuckoo Falls,
- Pipers Brook Vineyard
- Janz vineyard, Delamere Vineyard
- Bay of Fires Vineyard ( best Pinot Noir in Australia 2013)
- Cataract Gorge in Launceston
- Low Head Pilot Station and Museum
- Low Head Penguin tours
- Mt William National Park
- Scenic helicopter flights over NE Tasmania
You are invited by your 5th generation Tasmanian hosts to come stay with us soon.
*****Please note there is a minimum stay policy of 3 nights for Easter and Christmas,New Year.******
Close to Seaside - in the Countryside - does life get any better?
We may also be able to offer you:
Ensuite room sleeps 3
Two bedroom apartment sleeps up to six
Three bedroom apartment sleeps six
Spa ensuite room sleeps four.
Two bedroom and two bathroom apartment sleeps five.
Yes we have variety because not one size fits all customers!