Holiday house in Port Vincent1 review (5.0)
Shakona is a fully self-contained holiday house just a street back from Port Vincent’s foreshore and within easy walking distance to the back beach. With 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, 2 singles, 2 singles – Shakona can sleep up to 8 guests; with...
This is a live booking with instant confirmation
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
Shakona is a fully self-contained holiday house just a street back from Port Vincent’s foreshore and within easy walking distance to the back beach. With 4 bedrooms – queen, queen, 2 singles, 2 singles – Shakona can sleep up to 8 guests; with quilts, blankets and pillows provided. Guests staying at this holiday house will need to bring their linen with them for their stay.
The main bathroom has a shower only (no bath), with a separate toilet located off the rear sunroom. Great for 2 families sharing accommodation, Shakona has 2 bedrooms on either side of the central lounge, giving each group their own space and privacy.
The lounge room is spacious with reverse cycle split system air-conditioning and a combustion heater; guests will need to bring their own wood for heating. There are also portable heaters for the bedroom. There is a large television with USB port in the lounge room, as well as a DVD player; plus a second television, iPod docking station, CD player, radio and board games in the dining room/sunroom.
The galley-style kitchen has a breakfast bar and walk-in pantry with a number of appliances supplied for guests, including electric frypan, grill, sandwich press and mixer. The kitchen also has an electric stove, microwave, fridge/freezer and coffee plunger (bring your own ground coffee).
There is a top load washing machine in the laundry, and a 2nd large fridge/freezer for drinks and bait. Kids will love the secure yard with a large lawn, and backyard cricket & totem tennis games. Shakona has a sheltered rear deck with seating overlooking the large lawned area at the rear of the house, great for watching the kids at play or enjoying a relaxing evening.
Shakona is a popular choice for those coming to fish, with undercover and off-street parking behind a gate for cars and room for a boat. There’s also a fish cleaning area at the rear of the yard. Less than a 5-minute walk to the beach, playground, pontoon & kiosk, Shakona is a great spot for a relaxing holiday at Port Vincent.
- 4 bedrooms - queen, queen, 2 single, 2 single
- Sleeps 8
- Quilts, blankets and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Main bathroom with shower only (no bath)
- Separate toilet
- Portable heaters for bedrooms
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in lounge
- Large lounge room with television with USB port & DVD player
- Combustion heater (bring your own wood)
- Well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar, walk-in pantry, microwave, fridge/freezer and electric stove
- Kitchen appliances including electric frypan, mixers and sandwich press
- Coffee plunger (bring your own ground coffee)
- 2nd large fridge/freezer for drinks & bait in laundry
- Sunroom with dining table & seating, and television
- CD player
- iPod docking station
- Board games
- Top load washing machine
- Flat top gas barbeque
- No garage access for guests
- Secure yard
- Large rear lawned area
- Undercover parking
- Off-street parking behind gate for up to 3 cars and/or boats
- Backyard cricket set & totem tennis stored in tool shed
- 3-minute walk to beach
- Fish cleaning area
- Sorry, pets not permitted