Arriba Beachfront Cottage
Holiday house in Thirroul
Arriba is just 1 hour drive south of Sydney in Thirroul - the friendly village Ideally located right at Thirroul beach, Arriba guests walk just 50 level metres over lawn (no roads to cross) to step onto the fine golden sand of this beautiful surf beach.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
Arriba’ by definition is...Used as an exclamation of pleasure, approval, or elation!
You will experience all of these feelings and many more when you take a break at this Beachfront Holiday Home!
Arriba is a single story beach home located at Thirroul, just 1 hour drive south of Sydney. Thirroul is a largely undiscovered holiday destination which retains a friendly village style atmosphere
Arriba is ideally located right at Thirroul beach Just a short level walk over lawn and you are stepping onto the golden sands of this beautiful beach where you can surf, swim between the flags, use the surf club facilities, take the kids to enjoy the park, walk or ride along the cycleway all the way to Wollongong or take a dip in the Olympic sized, or toddler swimming pools.
It is the perfect place to feel at one with ocean, being located at the end of the Jones Street cul-de-sac, there is no passing traffic and only 1 other house located in the street. The spacious home has been specifically set up for families to enjoy the ultimate beach holiday.
This is a fabulous place to holiday – long or short break - summer and winter. Surf, swim, fish off the beach, build sandcastles, explore the rockpools, cycle the track to Wollongong or just laze away.
Uninterrupted views all the way to the horizon can be enjoyed from the expansive deck to the east whilst looking westward you can enjoy the Illawarras unique escarpment – really special views! White cockatoos and bright coloured lorikeets are just some of the natural wildlife which inhabit the area.
A short level walk and you’re in Thirroul village or at low tide, stroll along the beachfront to Austinmer – take either direction for coffee, restaurants and a variety of interesting shops – retail therapy.
Built originally in the 1950’s, Arriba has four large bedrooms set up to accommodate 10 people (with a maximum of 8 adults), two bathrooms (one with a large deep bath), a very spacious new kitchen with new appliances, a huge lounge and dining area, a laundry with outside access toilet and the most extensive verandah and deck.
In 2011 a complete renovation transformed Arriba into modern comfortable holiday accommodation featuring a new fully self contained kitchen and new bathrooms. It h as had a quality fit-out, with new furniture and furnishings which have been all carefully selected to make your holiday comfortable, memorable and most of all, completely enjoyable. There is plenty of parking space so bring along your boat!
For your convenience, bed linen and bath towels are supplied plus coffee, tea, sugar and milk to start you off. At the end of your day, sleep soundly in our deep luxurious pocket spring beds with 100% Egyptian cotton bedlinen, doonas and comfortable pillows. Special care has been taken by using Protect-A-Bed mattress and pillow protectors for general comfort, hygiene, and to alleviate any allergies one may have.
There are four bedrooms in the house, The main bedroom is a large bedroom, perfect for a parents retreat and features an ensuite, wardrobe, and remote controlled television and has access directly onto the deck. The second bedroom has two single and one double bed, wardrobe and is perfect for the teenagers. The third bedroom has two single beds and wardrobe whilst the fourth bedroom has a queen bed, wardrobe. All rooms have ceiling fans, bedside tables and chairs.
Marine artifacts decorate the house. You will find a binnacle with compass and instruments, a ship’s telegraph formally for signalling from the bridge to the engine room, a yacht helm station, name boards from famous vessels and “dead lights” (port holes with covers – used in war-time to keep the ship dark). There is a huge spoked English oak steering wheel, a piece from a Midge Farrely longboard and many other interesting items. There is an outdoor shower and tap to remove any leftover beach sand.
- Laundry facilities
- No smoking
- BBQ - Gas
- CD Player
- Accept VISA
- Accept MasterCard
- Air conditioning
- Linen supplied
- Undercover or off street parking
- Fans (ceiling/standard)
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- TV with teletext/caption functions
- Baby Cot
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking facilities
- Electric stove
- Hair dryer
- Reverse cycle heating
- Washing machine
- 4 deck chairs are located inside the Queen bedroom Wardrobe for use during your stay, please return these after use;
- The BBQ is natural Gas however to light the BBQ please remove the 2 centre plates and use the lighter or matches supplied in the broom cupboard in the kitchen;
- The air-conditioning control panel is situated at the beginning of the hallway on the northern side and the unit is split into two zones – bedroom and living areas – which do not operate at the same time. There is a ‘light switch’ labelled ‘bed and living’ located next to the control panel which allows you to switch between the 2 zones;
- Please Notify the Managing Agent of any damages or repairs required;
- Basic amenities have been provided for your convenience upon arrival: please note that this property is not serviced during your stay and once used guests are required to replenish these items as required ;
- Please keep this property in a neat and tidy condition during your stay;
- Be mindful of respecting your Neighbours and the Local Village Environment by keeping noise to a minimum particularly after 10pm ;
- Please ensure that property is secured at all times during your stay;
- NO STILLETTO heals are permitted inside the property;
- NO PARTIES OR EXTRA GUESTS ARE PERMITTED WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL –THE AGENT HAS THE RIGHT TO EVICT GUESTS AND CANCEL THE BOOKING should this term be disregarded;
- No hot items to be placed on dining table without suitable protection underneath;
- Please ensure the property is secured with the keys left on the kitchen bench and internal garbage bins emptied. Please place the dishwasher on prior to your departure;
- Checkout time is 10am to allow for preparation and cleaning for the incoming guest Please text Tracey on 0421 346 765 as you depart.
Check-in & check-out times
Terms & conditions
HOLIDAY LETTING AGREEMENT - ARRIBA BEACHFRONT COTTAGE.
This Agreement is between the Guest representing the Holiday Letting Occupants (Guests) of Arriba Beachfront Cottage (the Premises) and the Managing Agent (the Agent) on behalf of the Owners of the Premises for the purpose of a short term holiday payable by the Rent as stated below. This Agreement comes into force when signed by the Guest and the Agent. The following terms and conditions form part of this Agreement:
- Accepted bookings will be confirmed by return to the Agent of this Agreement signed by the Guest. The Agent will accept this Agreement only after the Guest has accepted the terms and conditions, signed the Agreement, paid the required 25% deposit to secure the booking and provided suitable identification (e.g. driver’s license copy Until then, bookings are requests and not confirmed. Deposits are non refundable – please choose your dates carefully. Bookings can be cancelled where more than 60 days notice of cancellation is given and no further amounts owing will be payable, however the deposit will be forfeited.). Balance of tariff plus security bond is to be paid in full 60 days prior to the booking date and after this point, should you elect to cancel – no refund will be given, unless the dates are re-booked. Refunds will only be given in these circumstances after the date of the booking has passed.$75 Administration fee will apply to any amendments to your booking.
- The Premises are let for holiday purposes only for the period, at the Rent and for the number of Guests stated in the Letter of Confirmation. MAXIMUM 10 guests 4 BEDROOM CONFIGURATION. Additional guests of the Guests are not permitted without written consent given by the Managing Agent.
- Subject to Approved Applicants - #Security Bond Payment. Payment of the required $1,000 security bond can be deferred by processing an initial credit card payment of $1 on condition that a claim for the cost of repair or replacement for loss or damage to the property resulting from your stay will be, subject to the following, paid by a further credit card payment up to a maximum of $1,000. Such claim will be made after vacation of the property when an inspection will be conducted. If there are any issues regarding loss or damage you will be contacted and advised of the cost of replacement/repair.If there are no issues regarding loss or damage the $1000 security bond is refundable, however the $1 is not refundable to your credit card.
- No parties are to be held at the premises including but not limited to Bucks parties and Hens nights or any other party, gathering or celebration. Those who hold a party without will be evicted from the property without refund.
- The Premises and its contents are to be left in good order and condition. Legal recovery action for reinstatement costs will take place if the Premises or its contents are not vacated in original condition – fair wear excepted.
- Keys will be available only after ALL monies have been paid in full. Key collection is as arranged with the Agent who will normally meet the Guest on arrival at the Premises. Return of keys is as arranged with the Agent. 2 sets of keys will be issued and if lost will be billed to the Guest at $45 per set.
- Payment of Rent in advance can be made by EFTPOS direct deposit or by credit card. Acceptable credit cards are Visa and MasterCard which incur 1% fee and American Express which incurs 2% fee. If rent payment is made on arrival only cash is acceptable. No refund will be given after payment is made if the Guest has to leave earlier than expected.
- The Guests are to vacate the property strictly no later than 10am on the day of departure unless late checkout is previously arranged.
- All bookings are made in good faith but may be subject to change at short notice. Should changes be made, neither the Agent nor the Owners shall be responsible for more than a refund of monies paid.
- The Guest will take all reasonable care of the premises and promptly report to the agent any malfunctions, damages and losses. The Guest will pay to the Agent all costs incurred by the Agent, caused by the Guest’s occupancy of the premises including repairs, replacements, interruptions to connected services including excess garbage removal. The Agent shall be entitled to recover such costs from any deposits or bonds held by the Agent (where applicable) or take action to recover these costs, but without limiting the liability of the Guest.
- Property descriptions are made in good faith. No responsibility can be accepted for errors, omissions or miss-descriptions. No refund will be given if bookings are made from internet descriptions. All sales are final.
The Agent reserves the right to cancel any bookings
- The Guest will permit the Agent and persons authorized by the Agent to enter the Premises during the rental Period for the purpose of necessary repairs, investigations of complaints or inspection by prospective Guests and the Agent will give due regard to the Guests right to quiet enjoyment.
- The Agent reserves the right to cancel any bookings.
- The Agent and Owners will not be held responsible for any noise from nearby construction sites, businesses or the like.
- The Guest shall not cause nuisance to neighbours and will comply with any statutory laws, by-laws and regulation applicable to the Premises.
- Neither the Agent nor the Owners are responsible for the Guests effects kept or left on the premises.
- The Guests will not under any circumstances keep any animals or pets on the premises unless written permission has been given by the Agent.
- For health and safety and the comfort of other Guests smoking is not allowed inside the Premises.
- Stiletto type heels are not to be worn inside the Premises because the polished timber floors may be damaged by such heels. Cost of repair to floors by Guests using Stiletto heels including replacement of floor boards, sanding and polishing the floor, will be recovered from the Guest.
- The Agent will check inventories but is not obliged to do so on the arrival or departure of Guests. The Agent may check inventories with the Guest at the Agents option.
- Failure to observe these terms and conditions will result in termination of the its booking or an amended charge.
Todd A - January, 2020
Great beach access and easy property to spend a week in. Would stay again.
Margaret S - December, 2019
"Very happy" This property is in a wonderful position. Well equipped. Great ambience. Highly recommended.
Diane M - July, 2019
"Great Location" Great stay for a group or family. Perfect location - directly opposite the beach. Short distance to main town, with lovely cafes. Tracey was very easy and pleasant to deal with. Would recommend.
Joanne M - January, 2019
"Loved our stay" Our extended family of 5 adults, 3 small children and 2 babies had a wonderful week. The house had everything we needed, is in a fantastic location and was fresh and clean. Hoping we can stay again.
Sophie R - November, 2018
"Easy Going - Great Experience" Over the weekend 5 couples stayed at the property - Tracey was really easy going and friendly to coordinate with! The property is in a great location to walk to the shops and having the beach at your doorstep. We will definitely stay again!