Please read the following terms and conditions before choosing to rent a furnished apartment from The Apartment Service Pty Ltd.
1.Bookings and rates
Bookings can be made for a minimum stay of 7 nights. You may stay in some apartments for 1 week or longer, and others for a minimum 3 month period or longer. The Apartment Service will advise you of the properties that must be used as permanent residential accommodation (minimum 3 month stay).
The rates listed on the web are subject to change at anytime. The rental rate varies depending on how long you are staying. Rates are reduced for longer stays. For bookings at Christmas, New Year and other special occasions, there is a minimum stay of 2 weeks. The Christmas and New Year rates are not listed on the website, so please send your inquiry through to us, and our booking consultants will respond with the availability details and rates.
Bookings are confirmed following receipt of your rental payment. Accommodation is paid for in advance. For stays of up to 1 month, the amount payable is due in full. For stays longer than 1 month, payments can be made in instalments. In the rare case that your choice of apartment is not available, The Apartment Service reserves the right to provide alternative accommodation of similar standard.
Payments can be made by credit card and by direct bank deposits.
Payments made by cash need to pay a bond and meet a 100 point ID check.
Payments made by EFT will need to supply a credit card for security. Security deposits will be required for some properties. These will be refunded within 14 days after departure following inspection by the property manager by direct deposit (australian accounts only), cheque or credit card (less non-refundable credit card processing fee from original payment). Refunds can be processed to international accounts (any associated bank charges relating to the transfer to an international account are the responsibility of the guest).
3. Credit Cards
The Apartment Service accepts most major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
GST applies to all apartment bookings and is levied by the Commonwealth Government as follows:
• Stays under 28 days- 10% GST
• Stay of 28 days and over- the GST reduces by 50% for any nights after the initial 28 days.
5.Cancellation / Refund Policy
The Apartment Service will refund any prepaid amounts (less $150 administration fee) if the property can be re-booked for the dates of your booking. If a substitute booking cannot be found, cancellation fees are as per the following schedule:
Cancellation: Over 30 days before arrival - full refund (less administration fee)
15 - 30 days before arrival - 50% refund
0 - 14 days before arrival - no refund
- No Refund Policy applies to all Luxury Home Bookings
6. Cancellation by The Apartment Service
The Apartment Service reserves the right to cancel any booking before or during your stay. Should this occur, TAS will either provide a full refund for the remainder of your stay, or move you to an alternative apartment of a similar standard. If damages occur and/or the terms and conditions are breached, then the guest may be asked to leave. In this case, no refund will be provided and damage charges will be levied.
7. Booking Amendments
Once you have commenced your occupancy we require a minimum of 14 days notice for any amendments.
Reductions - If you reduce your stay without 14 days notice you will be charged at the full nightly rate up to a maximum of 2 weeks rent.
Extensions - If you would like to extend your stay, 14 days notice must be given to take up the extension. If no notice is given to the office, we reserve the right to re-book the apartment.
8. Key Collection
Your allocated Guest Manager will meet you at the property with the keys within working hours for check-in. Please call their mobile number on the booking confirmation a few days before your arrival to make arrangements for the key collection.
9. Arrival / Departure
Check in time is 2pm and check out time is 10am unless alternative arrangements have been made with your Guest Manager. For very early arrivals, we suggest booking from the night before to secure an early check-in.
10. Guest Responsibilities
• It is the responsibility of every guest to read and abide by these terms and conditions.
• It is the responsibility of all guests to report any issue with the property to the Guest Manager. This includes any disturbance, damage, loss or any criminal matter relating to the property.
• Apartments are to be used only for accommodation. Parties or commercial use is strictly prohibited.
• All damages and breakages payable (see ‘Damages & Breakages’ section).
• The number of tenants must not exceed the maximum number allowed and listed on your booking confirmation. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will asked to vacate, with no refund made.
• All apartments are privately owned, please respect this and do not move furniture around.
• Guests should show respect and care for the property and ensure doors and windows are locked when vacated.
• Guests are expected to keep the property at an acceptable level of cleanliness that would be considered acceptable to an average person. Any unacceptable damage resulting from poor cleanliness will be charged to the guest. If cleaners are required to make additional charges these will be passed on to the guest also.
• A departure clean is payable (see ‘Cleaning’ section).
•Please consider other tenants at all times and remember that your accommodation is in a residential apartment block.
• Pets are not allowed in all properties.
• Telephone call charges are paid by the guest
• All apartments are non-smoking. Please use balconies if needed.
A departure clean is payable. All guests incur a departure cleaning fee on each booking for cleaning on check-out, the following charges are a general guideline. Please consult your booking consultant for a quote on the cleaning charge payable.
We are happy to organise service cleaning for you. Weekly or fortnightly service cleaning while in the apartment.
Guests will be responsible for paying a "Utility Fee" towards the cost of the utilities for the property. This will be levied as a weekly fee at $20 for a 1 bedroom, $30 for 2 bedroom & $39 for 3 bedroom properties (plus GST). This does not cover the full utility bills, only a small portion. For long term leases guests may be responsible for all gas & electricity bills (this will be negotiated at the time of booking as it will depend on the rental rate quoted). Guests will still be responsible to pay for "Excess charges" should they use more than normal consumption.
13. Damages and breakages
Your credit card details will be held as security. Breakages or damage to the apartment resulting from your occupancy will be paid for by the guest. In the event of damages incurred by you or your visitors to the apartment, your credit card will be deducted with a charge in accordance with the damages and a receipt will be forwarded to your nominated email address.