Coach House Hill Cottage
Cottage in Lower Portland
Coach House Hill Cottage at Lower Portland on the Hawkesbury River is only 75 minutes from Sydney. It is the perfect place to visit when you want to get away to a relaxing adult retreat with fantastic views, great facilities and privacy.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
Coach House Hill Cottage at Lower Portland is in the center of Sydney's premier playground, the Hawkesbury River and only 75 minutes from Sydney.
It is the perfect place to visit when you want to get away to a relaxing adult retreat with fantastic views, great facilities and privacy in a peaceful bush setting.
Features: Your hosts at Coach House Hill Cottage has pleasure in providing the following facilities to their guests:
- Queen size bedroom.
- Double bedroom.
- 2 single day beds with single trundle bed beneath.
- Exclusive use of the Hot Tub/Spa - fees apply.
- Use of the saltwater pool with grotto and waterfall.
- Wood fire for those cozy evenings during April to September.
- Air Conditioning.
- Kitchen with large refrigerator/freezer.
- Bathroom with shower, full size bath and hair dryer.
- Ironing board and Iron.
- Large flat screen TV with all Sydney TV channels, DVD player and large video library.
- BBQ facilities with kitchenette.
- Free internet connection via WiFi and network.
- Mobile phone service reception.
- 180 degree views of the river from Dargle to Cumberland Reach.
- 75 minutes by road from Sydney CBD.
- 20 minutes to shops and restaurants at Glenorie, Wilberforce, Windsor and Wiseman's Ferry.
- Provision to accommodate tents, trailers, caravans and mobile homes by prior arrangement.
- Ample off street parking for trucks, trailers, boats.
- Lots of local wildlife ie eagles, parrots, finches, sugar gliders, possums, owls and frogs.
- Perfect location to watch the 'Bridge to Bridge' boat and ski races.
Treat yourself - relax, recharge and even enjoy a restorative Yoga session.
- Pets not allowed
- No smoking
- BBQ - Gas
- CD Player
- 24 hour reception
- Air conditioning
- Linen supplied
- Undercover or off street parking
- Log fires
- Internet access
- Fans (ceiling/standard)
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Boat Ramp Nearby
- Continental Breakfast Available
- Safety Deposit Box
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Books/Magazines Supplied
- Videos/DVDs Supplied
- Breakfast provisions available for self-cooking
- Bath towels provided
- Broadband internet available
- Cooking facilities
- Ferry nearby
- Gas stove
- Hair dryer
- Heaters provided
- Iron and ironing board
- Reverse cycle heating
- Outdoor pool
- In-house Movies/Videos
- Free WiFi
- Dishes and utensils
Traveling Directions: Many GPS devices will not show our location correctly. The best way is to go to the intersection of River Rd and Sackville Ferry Rd Sackville North. We are then 1.2 klm down River Rd on the left hand (west) side of the road.
Beware of traveling along River Rd from the Wisemans Ferry end, as it is a 45 minute scenic trip as opposed to 20 minutes via Maroota.
Holiday Rental - House Rules for Guests and Visitors
House Rules are provided at the Property to ensure that Guests and Visitors know and comply with the specific Rules governing their permission to enter and occupy the Property.
1) General requirements
a) Guest and Visitors must comply with all House Rules, By-Laws and instructions from the Manager and security services during their stay; and
b) Guests must notify the Manager of any disputes or complaints from neighbours as soon as is practicable.
2) Noise and Residential amenity
a) Guests and Visitors must not create noise which is offensive to occupiers of neighbouring properties especially between 10pm - 8am and during arrival and departure at any time throughout the occupancy;
b) Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in termination of permission to occupy the Property, eviction, loss of rental paid and extra charges for security and other expenses which may be deducted from Security Deposit or Bond under the Terms and Conditions; and
c) Guests and Visitors must not engage in anti-social behaviour and must minimise their impact upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community.
a) Guests are responsible for ensuring the limits set on Visitor numbers is complied with at all times; and
b) Guests are responsible for ensuring that Visitors comply with these House Rules.
c) The maximum number of Guests permitted at a Property must not exceed a maximum of 2 adults per bedroom
4) Gatherings or functions
a) The Property is not a “party house” and any such activities are strictly prohibited; and
b) Any gathering, celebration or entertainment permitted at a Property must not conflict with residential amenity and must comply with all the other requirements.
a) Guests and Visitors are to comply with parking regulations and other requirements set out below and show consideration to neighbours and other vehicles; and
b) Parking arrangements at the Property: Vehicles may be parked in front of cottage, as long as the access of other vehicles coming to and from the property is not impeded. Vehicles can also be parked on the area below the cottage which can be accessed at the turn near the dam with the statue. Your car could get bogged when parking on the grass if it is very wet or muddy so please take care or ask for directions from the manager.
6) Garbage and recycling
a) Guests and Visitors are to dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with the usual practice at the Property (as set out below) in the allocated bins, and excess rubbish must not be left in public or common areas;and
b) Garbage and recycling arrangements: all household garbage is to be put in the bin alongside the cottage fernery. Rubbish that will not fit in the bin is to be securely bagged and left alongside the bins. The general waste bin is put out each Monday night and the Recycle bin is every second Monday night.
Whenever you are absent from the Property, close all windows and doors to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage.
8) Swimming Pool and Spa
a) The swimming pool must not be used between the hours of 10.00pm and 7.00am.
b) The spa can be used at any time but noise must be kept to a minimum after 10pm
c) No glassware is permitted in the pool or spa areas. Unbreakable glasses are supplied for these areas
d) Children are only allowed in the pool when there is one adult for every two children using the pool.
e) Pool gates must be closed at all times and the spa cover is to be locked in position when the spa is not in use.
Smoking is not permitted indoors.
Pets are not permitted at this property.
11) Damages and breakages
Damages and breakages must be reported to the Manager.
12) On departure arrangements
Please see the owner/manager prior to your departure to make arrangements regarding keys, security, dish washing, rubbish, etc.
13) Emergency Contact
In the event of an emergency relating to the Property, please ring the front door bell of the main house or telephone Home: 02 4579 0983 or Mobile: 0402 750 068
a) Breach of these House Rules is a breach of the Terms and Conditions of occupancy.
b) The Owner and Manager reserve the right to terminate permission to occupy and to evict from the Property, Guests or Visitors who refuse to follow these House Rules or who cause a nuisance.
15) Consequences of not meeting these House Rules
Where required to ensure compliance, Managers must make Owners, Guests and Visitors aware that:
a) Depending on the Terms and Conditions of the contract between the Guest and Owner, the consequences of not meeting the requirements of this Code of Conduct can include enforcement action from:
i. the Owner and its agents including Manager and security services;
ii. local councils or; and
iii. in some instances, the Police.
b) Enforcement action is subject to the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant legislation.
c) Such enforcement action could result in termination of permission to occupy the Property, eviction, loss of rental paid, deductions from security deposits and extra charges.
d) It is therefore important for all Guests to be aware of their obligations and of their responsibilities to make any Visitors to the Property aware of these requirements to maintain the amenity of the Property and its neighbourhood.
16) Complaints handling
Guests have an obligation to report any problems or incidents promptly. Guests (and other parties) with formal complaints should in the first instance approach the owner/manager. If the complaint cannot be resolved amicably and immediately, the complaint will be recorded in writing. This record will indicate
a) Date and time received;
b) Name and designation (e.g. Guest, neighbour, council, police etc) of complainant;
c) Contact details of complainant;
d) Nature of complaint;
e) Action taken (by whom and when); and
f) Outcome and/or further action required (e.g. community consultation, meet with council, meet with local police, review management systems or issue resolved.)
Complaints will be handled:
a) Initially by the Manager;
b) If not resolved in (a) then through the relevant Participating Organisation (eg. Stayz, Takeabreak etc); and
c) If not resolved in (b) then through the relevant state or territory Fair Trading or other authority.
Where the owner/manager has a complaint concerning guests, it will be raised initially with the guest/s. If the matter cannot be resolved amicably, the complaint will be put in writing in the same format as indicated above. The consequences of not complying with the Terms and Conditions requirements are as indicated in “Consequences of not meeting this Code of Conduct” above.
Check-in & check-out times
Terms & conditions
Trading Terms and Conditions
For Bed and Breakfast:
- On booking a deposit of 20% is required for all stays.
- Payment is by Cash, Paypal use 'Payment to Friends and Family' to pay firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Bank Transfer to BSB: 062 622 Acct No:1035 5782 Name: M Sharpe OR cheque cleared prior to your arrival.
- The Cotage accommodation is 1 Queen bed, 1 Double bed, 2 Single Day beds with 2 Trundle beds in Sunroom to a maximum of 8.
- If you wish to have guests attend an afternoon or evening BBQ, small party or function, please let us know in advance. Additional costs may apply.
- Check in time is 2pm and check out is 11am.
- There is NO SMOKING inside the Cottage.
- Due to safety considerations, no children between 1 to 12 years are not accepted
- No Pets
- Prices are fixed when the deposit is accepted.
- There is a minimum booking of 2 nights for most weekends
- Long weekends have a minimum booking of 3 nights
If your booking is cancelled:
- up to 21 days before arrival date, your deposit less $50 administration fee will be refunded.
- between 21 and 7 days a fee of 50% of the total amount will apply.
- up to 7 days' before arrival date, your deposit, less $50 administration fee, will be refunded.
- between 7 days and 48 hours, one night's tariff may be retained at our discretion.
- with less than 48 hours notice, your deposit is not refunded.
Sevil - August, 2014
The hosts thought of everything to make the stay comfortable, relaxing and pretty much a retreat for couples. Spectacular views, tranquil and very relaxing.
Fiona - July, 2014
Had a very relaxing stay at Coach House Hill Cottage; open fire, fantastic view and a hot tub made it all the more relaxing. Have recommended this Cottage to so many friends since returning.
Nadia - July, 2014
The cottage was clean and had everything we needed and the location was beautiful and quiet. Matthew was very helpful and accommodating and made our stay very comfortable. It was great to watch movies in front of the fireplace.
Kim - June, 2014
The place was amazing! It's private, quite, relaxing and very in touch with nature. The perfect quick getaway from city life.
Roland - June, 2014
Great view and facilities