Mystique Country House
Holiday house in Coolangatta
The house generates a sense of peace and beauty being far removed from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and being set amongst nature. As well as the rural areas beaches, bays and rivers are all nearby.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
Mystique Country House in the heart of rural & coastal Shoalhaven wine country
Perfect beautifu and elegant house for accommodating a special gathering of family and friends.
5 ensuites, theatre room, pool, 5 living areas, air conditioning, games room
Mystique Country House, in Coolangatta NSW, is a large north facing home set on nearly 2 acres of quality rural land in the heart of the Shoalhaven wine country. This beautiful architecturally designed house, built in 2007, is modern and has unique design features. It is built all on one level. It is surrounded by lake and has the magnificent backdrop of Mt Coolangatta.
Every room in the house has windows and/or sliding doors overlooking country scenes of lake, mountain or rural land and trees. The property has an easy flow between indoor and outdoor living and supports comfortable living all year round. The atmospheric presence of the lake and mountain adds much intrigue and mystery to your experience of staying at the property.
The house is very private and well set back from the lane. Mystique is located very near to the Coolangatta Estate. You drive along a charming country lane beside the vineyards in the approach to the property. It is also located within minutes of the Seven Mile Beach and National Park and the Shoalhaven River. This area is very central to many towns and country and coastal areas in the Shoalhaven area. Suitable for family or friends get togethers and accommodation. We strictly do not do weddings or events - no exceptions.
• The house generates a sense of peace and beauty being far removed from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and being set amongst nature. As well as the rural areas beaches, bays and rivers are all nearby.
• A house providing space for privacy and enjoying your own space. Four bedrooms are very self- contained.
• The house is built on one level and there are no internal steps.
• Ducted air conditioning to all living areas and two main bedrooms. The air conditioning is a powerful unit and very warm in the winter months and effectively cools the house in summer. Ceiling fans in all bedrooms. Heaters are in the bedrooms without air conditioning.
• Unlimited Wi Fi connected to NBN. And also Foxtel Sports and Movies.
• Solid quality imported timber floors, two cathedral ceilings and high ceilings right throughout.
• Extensive outdoor decks.
• Set amongst established gardens and park-like grounds. Swans and ducks abound in the lake.
• A fully equipped modern kitchen with all modern appliances and amenities.
• Ceasarstone benches, large European gas cook top stove, large electric oven.
• Nespresso machine (BYO pods), Nutri-bullet and sandwich maker machine.
• All crockery and cutlery supplied.
• Lots of cupboards and deep drawers.
• Has ducted air conditioning.
The Dining Room
• A formal white dining room with a white marble dining setting and white leather chairs.
• Views out over the front garden to Mt Coolangatta.
• Table seats eight.
• This is a private and decorative room.
• Ducted air conditioning.
Informal Sitting Room
• Overlooks the lake, garden and pool through wide sliding doors onto a timber deck.
• Italian leather lounges, polished cement top coffee table.
• Ducted air conditioning.
• A wall mounted television.
Formal Lounge and Dining Room
• Large stunning formal lounge and dining room with recliner leather lounges and a dining table to sit twelve built privately. Hi fi Stereo.
• Views through one sliding door over the expansive, eastern section of the lake and garden.
• Views from the dining table through the other sliding door looking on to the outdoor deck.
• Ducted air conditioning.
• The air conditioning effectively heats most of the house, and cools it in summer.
• A media room with comfortable tiered seating with leather lounges and armchairs.
• Includes a 75 inch flat screened television with DVD player and stereo. All are easily operated from one remote.
• Foxtel Sports and Movies available on the television will be available shortly. Has a separate remote.
• Contains an air-conditioning unit - heating and cooling.
• Room can be blackened during the day.
• Contains extra seating in the form of a sofa bed which is only converted to a bed on request and pre-payment. Otherwise the sofa bed is locked in lounge position.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
• Five large bedrooms of which one is a master bedroom.
• Four bedrooms with Queen sized beds, stylish ensuites and built in robes.
• The fifth bedroom contains two king single beds and is next door to a common bathroom.
• Ducted air conditioning to master bedroom and bedroom next door.
• Ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
• All bed linen is supplied. Sheets are all cotton. Towels and face washers are supplied.
• Brand new furniture in all bedrooms.
• A new sofa bed in media room can be converted to a bed for up to two people. Shares common bathroom with fifth bedroom. Comes at an additional cost of $60 per person per night but allows for twelve people to come.
Covered Deck Area
• A large covered outdoor area with outdoor dining for ten to twelve.
• Large, quality BBQ.
• Stylish outdoor armchairs and seating and hardwood decking.
• Scenic views over the lake, the trees and a country scene.
• Peaceful outdoor space.
• A sparkling blue ten metre swimming pool with fence and all safety features.
• Solar heated October to April.
• Located beside the house on a deck. Can see the pool from inside the house through a wide glass panel in the hallway.
• A shower exists near the pool on the deck.
• Double garage supplied with internal access to the house.
• Plenty of off street parking.
• All easy and level access.
• Contains a quality pool table.
• A laundry fully equipped with all modern conveniences and a door to an outdoor clothes line.
As much as this is a very rural location it is also very close to the coast, the Shoalhaven River and townships. It is within a 5 minute drive to Shoalhaven Heads and then on to all beaches along the Seven Mile Beach National Park to Gerroa. Similarly the historic tourist town of Berry, and Nowra are within 10- 15 minutes drive away. From Nowra you can head towards Kangaroo Valley, a National Trust-listed village, or on to Greenwell Point, renowned for it’s seafood, after passing through the charming historic farming areas of Terara and Numbaa, where many farm houses are over 100 years old and very quaint. From Greenwell Point head to Culburra Beach, Currarong and Point Perpendicular with its very high, perpendicular cliffs which drop straight into the sea and it’s famous Light House, then head off to Jervis Bay. Visit wineries along the way.
The area excels in rural, country, mountain, coastal, river, headland and bay regions with so much history and culture to offer. There are many wineries and the region is famous for it’s seafood and cheeses. The property is located just 2 hrs south of Sydney, just beyond the historic Coolangatta Winery Estate and is within walking distance to the winery, restaurant and golf course but also just a short drive to the Shoalhaven River & Seven Mile Beach National Park.
Book 3 or 4 midweek nights (Sun-Thurs) and get an extra midweek night free.
- Laundry facilities
- No smoking
- Air conditioning
- Linen supplied
- Internet access
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Bath towels provided
- Broadband internet available
- Clothes dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Reverse cycle heating
- Outdoor pool
- Washing machine
- Free WiFi
- Dishes and utensils
Check-in: 2:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
- No parties/events
- No smoking
- No pets
- Children allowed
- Max guests:12
No Parties or Events, No loud noise at all, respect for neighbours, no outside noise beyond 10pm.
No one can stay overnight beyond booked people. If sofa bed is agreed in advance it allows 2 extra at a cost of $60 pppn paid with booking. Max 12.
Anything moved must be returned to where they were originally. No pieces of furniture to be moved at all. No sleeping on lounges.
Check-in & check-out times
Terms & conditions
- 100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- The booking service fee is non refundable.
Natalie C - July, 2020
"Great for family get away" We spent 3 nights at this property for our mums 60th birthday! House is well designed for families or groups. The large 12 seater dining table is nice for big group meal times- plenty of room for everyone. 2 seperate living areas plus a theatre room was great when kids wanted to watch movies or play with toys, then adults could still mingle together in another room. Landscape and outdoor surroundings of the property also beautiful and well maintained! Would happily stay here again!
Vivian N - Sydney, June, 2019
"Perfect little getaway" This place was perfect for our family reunion. Although we stayed during the winter months the house was warm and cosy. The beds were comfortable, the living areas were all spacious and functional. Our hosts were lovely and attentive. Although in a rural area there are a few towns close by and beautiful beaches not too far away. We really enjoyed our stay and are hoping to return in the warmer months. Thanks for having us.
Shaun B - Sydney, March, 2019
"Absolutely Stunning" This was the perfect base for our group of family and friends to stay while we attended my daughter's wedding. Everything was first class and Deborah was fantastic to deal with.
Janelle H - March, 2019
"The property was situated in a very peaceful location, but was still close to all amenities." The property was well maintained, had everything you needed. Lounges and Beds were very comfortable. Pool was pristine and perfect temperature for swimming.