*** SOUTHDOWN STABLE ***Bowral-Burradoo
Cottage in Burradoo
Converted 1857 stable that has been lovingly converted into a very cosy and unique self contained accommodation experience for a 2-3 people. A romantic and peaceful getaway set among camellia hedged rose gardens.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
SOUTHDOWN STABLE - WINNER 2014 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION
Is one of 4 cottages, is a converted 1857 stable that has been lovingly converted into a very cosy and unique self contained accommodation experience for a 2-3 people. A romantic and peaceful getaway set among camellia hedged rose gardens.
You have the use of the 6 acre manicured historic garden to enjoy during your stay.
The Stable is fully equipped with a queen bedroom, separate bathroom, a lounge/dining/kitchen area, including a wood fire for the Highlands winter ambiance. There is also a king single divan bed in the lounge area.
The Stable is furnished in a rustic antique feel which is complementary to this old 1857 Stable.
An initial 2 day full basket breakfast is provided.
In addition, for your total comfort and relaxation, gas heating and reverse cycle air-conditioning and a fully equipped period kitchen are provided for the perfect romantic getaway.
Featured on Sydney Weekender and reviewed by the Sun Herald Travel section
"Few bed & breakfast places offer a self-contained experience. Even fewer offer a throughly original feel. Southdown does both and virtually demands that you dream a little. No other place we have stayed at has quite offered the intrigue of the Southdown Stable"
- " What sheer & utter bliss. Thank you Margaret for allowing us to share a corner of your beautiful home & grounds. The Stable is magnificent& extremely comfortable. - Peter & Mary Arnold
- " This has been one of life's most delightful surprises. The incredible ambiance challenges the old thought "there no place like home"- there is, it's here & we plan to return already. Thank you for sharing your creativity so gladly." Ian & Jayne Stanfield.
- :"An exquisite place. We has a wonderfully relaxing time." - Julia & Mark
- "What an absolute surprise! We came down for an engagement party and didn't think too much about the accommodation. It us a absolutely georgeous place set in beautiful gardens. Thank you for all the effort you put into the house for our arrival. It was warm & cosy and smelt beautiful. We will definitely come again and tell all our friends. Thank you again" - Will, Danielle & Lucy Thompson
- " One of the nicest accommodations we have seen! Great atmosphere. We has a great time" - Mark & Chrissy Chenery.
- "We loved the old world touches & great ambiance created by an artistic eye and value for the 'good old days'. As you can see we return yet again & will continue to come back to this serene haven. Thank you Margaret" - Monica & Brian Bright.
- "I just wanted to say a big thank you for the amazing weekend I had at your delightful stables last weekend. It is the most beautiful property and a wonderful place to spend a weekend- I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you again." - James Tonkin
- "We very much enjoyed our stay, and appreciated the lovely garden. The Stable is so comfortable and homely, and very well equipped" - Don & Miriam Frommer
WINNER 2104 - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION - SHBAwardsThe Historic Estate of "Southdown"
Southdown is the original historic 1857 estate of Burradoo- Bowral where old and new gardens and trees are blended into tranquil and timeless 'rooms'
Wander among the old hedges,orchard, cottage, herb, rose and herbaceous gardens.
Enjoy the huge 150 year old trees, massed bulb plantings, sweeping lawns, pools and ponds, cherry walk, potager, parterre and Shakespeare gardens - all of which change dramatically through the seasons.
The Cottages at "Southdown"
2014 WINNER OF - SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS BUSINESS AWARD - EXCELLENCE IN ACCOMMODATION
Few accommodation places offer 4 uniquely decorated historic self-contained accommodation cottages. They gives you access to this Southern Highlands iconic garden and yet you are just 5 minutes from the many cafes & restaurants and 10 minutes from the many vineyards, antique shops, surrounding villages and National parks.
- Pets not allowed
- No smoking
- Accept VISA
- Accept MasterCard
- Air conditioning
- Linen supplied
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Baby Cot
- Bath towels provided
- Clothes dryer
- Cooking facilities
- Gas stove
- Heaters provided
- Iron and ironing board
- Washing machine
- In-house Movies/Videos
Check-in & check-out times
Terms & conditions
WOOD SUPPLY: $35 / basket (April to August) $45 additional baskets.
- Payment by direct deposit or credit card (Visa/Mastercard - a 2.5% bank surcharge applies)
- 50% deposit to be paid on booking. Balance due 28 days prior to arrival date.
- Payment to be made in full if booking is made within 28 days of arrival date.
- A credit card number is required on booking as the accommodation bond. Your credit card acts as a bond against any damage, loss or cancellation.
- After issue of an Accommodation Booking Notice, confirmation, receipt or invoice,
15% of the total booking value is payable if cancellation made more than 28 days of the arrival date, the full value is payable if cancellation made less than 28 days of arrival date.
- Transfer of booking to another date will be permitted if your booking can be replaced by another booking. All transfers incur a $50 fee.
Kathryn R - May, 2017
A cosy cottage for a wedding weekend in the southern highlands
Marg G - December, 2016
The Stable was perfect accommodation for the 6 of us friends. From the moment we entered the beautiful property and accommodation, both of which we had not experiences in all our accommodation stays. The Accommodation was so different and memorable with every need catered for. Our hosts was so obliging in welcoming us. The garden is unbelievable and relaxing. We did not want to leave the property We will be back
Trish M - July, 2016
We spent 4 nights at Southdown Stable in July 2016 and it was a lovely stay. The Stables are beautifully and authentically decorated and we loved finding new bits of history in each room. The grounds were spectacular, even in the dead of winter, and our 2 year old particularly loved exploring each garden and searching out and feeding the chickens were a daily treat. The Stable as well serviced and catered for everything we needed as well as generous breakfast provided for the first 2 days. We will definitely return.
Cathryn C - January, 2016
it is Summer, we did not used the fireplace. But would love to come back for that. I can imagine just sitting there all weekend listening to music and read. Would love to come back again. Love the little town too. Easy and close to town for food, grocery...etc. Nice location. Stayed in Jan 2016.
Helen P - January, 2016
4 of us and a baby stayed at the SOUTHDOWN STABLE. It was a beautiful place. The photos online do not do it justice! The garden on the premise was also devine! Very convenient location close to the shops.