Please see our full and detailed terms and conditions below,
USE OF THE PROPERTY
1. The guest is permitted use of the property under a License to Occupy the premises. This does not constitute a tenancy. The property can be used for Short-Term Accommodation only. The property is not to be used for any commercial activity, wedding, party, gathering or any other function. Wedding receptions, schoolies, bucks and hens’ nights are not accepted under any circumstances. If we find out during your stay, you may be evicted by our private security contractors
2. When making a booking, an agreement is made between you and the owner of the property. East Coast Getaways as an agent for the owner only. We may therefore need to consult the owner regarding any pricing, refund, bond claim or other issues before it can be finalised.
3. Your booking is not confirmed until you have paid the 50% deposit. Any change whatsoever can be made up until that time.
4. Once paid, all monies are non-refundable. If you subsequently cancel, you will only receive a refund of monies paid if the dates are rebooked to another guest, if the owner allows a refund, or if the owner allows you to rebook the property at another time of the year
5. If our staff or the police are called to deal with noise complaints or to give a warning, a fee of up to $300 may be charged
6. Check-in is 3 pm and check-out is normally at 10 am.
7. East Coast Getaways (and the owner) will use its best endeavour’s to have the property in good working order, however, cannot guarantee every aspect of the property and especially items that can be inherently temperamental – electronics, Wi-Fi, television reception, barbecue lighters, or the functioning of pools and spas
8. If you have an issue during your stay, please report it asap to us to give us the opportunity to rectify it. We will not be responsible for compensation for issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property.
9. If on arrival you find issues with cleaning. Please contact us immediately. We will endeavour to have a cleaner return to the property to rectify this. We will not be responsible for compensation for cleaning issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property. We will not be responsible for refunds for cleaning, we will have a cleaner return to the property.
10. An owner is entitled to withdraw property from the rental pool at any time because of a sale of the property or otherwise. If this happens, we will offer you alternative accommodation, or all monies will be refunded to you
11. East Coast Holidays or the owner will not be responsible for any loss occasioned by bush fires, excessive rain and storm activity, excessive beach erosion or seaweed, or the failure of any utilities or electronic equipment and services at the property
SAVING OF CREDIT CARD DETAILS AND ONLINE CHECKIN
1. If you pay by credit card, our reservation system saves those details so that we can automatically process any further payments on your behalf. Our system is PCI compliant and all credit card details are secure
2. We keep your credit card details on file to identify you, excessive cleaning charges, removal of excess rubbish, or any other breach of our terms and conditions
3. If a bond is not sufficient for damage to a property, credit card details may be used to top up any required claim against you
4. You are required to do an online checkin where you will be required to upload a copy of your drivers licence and credit card. This is a compulsory process for booking a property through our agency.
RETURN OF YOUR BOND
1. We will return the bond to you within 10 business days of your departure date. This gives us time to receive and investigate any potential bond issues arising during your stay.
MAKING A BOOKING, DEPOSITS AND FINAL PAYMENTS
1. A booking may be held but will not be legally binding on East Coast Getaways or the owner until a deposit is paid. To proceed with a booking, the following deposit and final payment rules apply:
a) Bookings made more than 21 days before arrival: 50% deposit required and the balance prior to arrival
b) Bookings made within 21 days of arrival: 100% payment upon booking
c) Christmas bookings: 50% of the tariffs are required to book and 100% is due at the end of November.
2. Bookings may be cancelled if a deposit is not received in accordance with the above
3. If a particular specialty is not available at the time of making your booking, we are under no obligation to retrospectively apply it to your booking
4. Payment of the deposit constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions
1. To secure your booking, you must pay a non-refundable deposit of up to 50%.
2. If you cancel a booking, you will only receive a refund of any monies paid if the dates are rebooked by us to another guest for the same value. Alternatively, the owners may in their sole discretion allow you to rebook their property at another time of the year, to an equivalent value of your stay and subject to availability.
SCHOOLIES, BUCKS, HENS, PARTIES, WEDDING RECEPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHY
Wedding receptions, photography, schoolies, bucks and hen nights are NOT accepted under any circumstances. If we find out during your stay, you may be evicted by our private security contractors. No refund of any monies paid will be given if evicted.
PAYMENT METHODS AND CREDIT CARD CHARGES
Payment can be made by credit card, direct deposit, bank cheque, or cleared personal cheque. A 2.0% surcharge applies to Visa, Mastercard and Amex payments.
Payment is also accepted by PayPal — a 5% surcharge and Bank Transfer. Details of these are emailed to you when booking.
SECURITY DEPOSIT AND DAMAGE PROTECTION
Our housekeeping team thoroughly inspect each property prior to and after every guest. We do take photos throughout the property as a records prior to your
As a guest, you are responsible for all damage and loss to the property and its contents from the date and time you check-in to the date and time you check-out.
A small non-refundable Damage Protection Fee, will be charged at the time of booking. This is included in the total price that has been quoted to you. This protects
you from being charged for accidental damage that may occur during your occupancy. The Damage Protection fee covers you for and damage, repair or replacement expenses up to the value of $2000. You must notify us if you do any dagame, the Damage Protection does not cover damage or loss that is not disclosed.
To avoid erroneous blame, you are required to immediately notify our team if anything is amiss when you arrive at the home. Prior to, or immediately upon vacating the
property you must inform our team if there have been any incidents or loss of damage that has occurred during your occupancy.
The Damage Protection does not replace or negate your responsibility for all members of your party as primary guest/renter. It does not pay for any act of intentional or negligent destruction, pet damage, re-keying, property damage resulting from motorized vehicle use or any additional cleaning if the home is left excessively dirty.
This cover is for accidental damage up to the value of $2000 and anything more than this will be payable by the guest/renter. The Damage Protection is offered, administered and funded solely by East Coast Getaways and we are solely authorized to determine the nature of the cover.
You may be required to pay the Security Deposit if you are booking specific homes or staying for one month or longer at the agent’s discretion. The amount
of the Security Deposit may be increased at the agents or owner’s discretion.
The security bond will be retained until our team has completed check-out inventory and inspection procedure after you vacate the premises. Should they find the home excessively dirty or that items are missing or damaged, the cost of additional cleaning hours and/or the cost of the repair or replacement of property will be deducted
from your deposit. The remainder of your deposit that is not applied to these expenses will be refunded to you. You remain responsible for, and will be
charged for, the cost of any damage, repair, or replacement in excess of the Security Deposit.
All security deposits must be paid for 2 weeks before the booking start date. This payment will be taken automatically on this date.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES
The following check-in and check-out times apply:
o Check-in – 3 pm
o Check out – 10 am
1. No damages – you as the guest accept responsibility for and agree to indemnify us and/or the owner against any loss or damage or breakages to the premises or the household contents caused by you or your guests. Damages or breakages in excess of normal wear and tear may be charged to you
2. Cleanliness – you, as the guest, agree that the property will be left in a neat and tidy condition (as found at the commencement of the rental), which includes washing up dirty dishes or emptying the dishwasher, sweeping hard floors and deck areas, removal of rubbish and putting it in the bins for collection. If you have rubbish in excess of the bin provided, that shall be removed by you. Excessive cleaning or rubbish removal charges may be charged to you if you breach this obligation
3. Moving furniture and un-cabling electronic devices – please do not move furniture around the house or un-cable televisions, DVDs or other electronic devices. If the cleaners or someone else is required to spend time rectifying what you have done, you may be charged an hourly rate.
4. No noise disruption – If a warning about noise is given to you or your guests (either verbally, in writing or by text message) without effect, you may be asked to leave the property and the tenancy will be terminated IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. If our staff, the police or security guards are called on your property during your stay to deal with noise complaints or anti-social behaviour or to give a warning, a fee of up to $300 may be charged.
For the purposes of this clause, noise disruption includes loud behaviour of any type that disrupts the peace and quiet of others, intrusive or abusive language, loud music or any other sounds affecting other residents that are audible outside the boundaries of the property.
5. Faults – faulty appliances or other problems with the property must be reported to our office immediately. Damages or breakages in excess of normal wear and tear may be charged to you.
6. No fireworks – fireworks are illegal in New South Wales – at all times of the year, so if they are reported, we are obliged to notify the police.
7. Safe custody of keys – at all times during your stay, you must keep safe custody of the keys provided to you. A lock-out fee of $100 will apply if one of our staff is called to the property outside of office hours to assist with keys having been locked inside the property. If keys are lost, a lock-out fee of $100 will apply plus the cost of obtaining a replacement set of keys including remote control dongles.
8. Lock up and return keys – upon vacating please ensure that all doors and windows are locked and that keys are returned to our office. Do not under any circumstances whatsoever leave keys at the property or at any other location.
9. Turn off appliances – upon vacating, please turn off all lights, heaters, air conditioners and other electrical appliances that you have turned on during your stay
10. Number of guests – your agreement is for the number of guests displayed on the website for the property. Numbers in excess of this will result in a fee of $100 per night, per person. The owner of the property will however be given the right to terminate, without refund, or to request that the numbers be reduced.
11. Number of beds – no additional mattresses, tents or caravans are permitted on or on the grounds of the property at any time.
12. Problems or complaints – in the case of any problem, complaint or issue, you must inform us at the earliest opportunity so that we have the opportunity to rectify any issues, problems or concerns as soon as possible. We are set up to deal with and rectify issues during your stay, even if after hours and will not be responsible for compensation for issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property
13. Smoking is not permitted on any property. Bond penalties apply for smoking on the premises
14. Our properties are maintained and cleaned regularly, however, wildlife is common in country and coastal areas. East Coast Getaways and/or the owner does not accept liability for the unfortunate or seasonal visits of any wildlife including, but not limited to; possums, insects, cockroaches, snakes and spiders. We do recommend keeping screen or doors closed to prevent insects and cockroaches.
EAST COAST GETAWAYS OBLIGATIONS
1. Rectification of issues – whilst we and the owners of the properties take care to keep the houses in good condition and in good working order, nevertheless breakages, outages and malfunctions beyond our control do occur. When this happens, we will rectify the situation as soon as practicable, however, we or our owners cannot accept responsibility for any loss and no compensation will be given. This applies to the property, its inclusions, the supply of utilities, and where applicable, the pool or spa.
2. Withdrawal of property or price change by owner – an owner is entitled to withdraw property from the rental pool at any time, or to request us to make a price change at any time. Although uncommon, should a property be withdrawn, or should its price be changed, by an owner during all or part of the period of your booking, every reasonable effort will be made by us to offer you alternative accommodation. Alternatively, all monies paid will be refunded and you hereby agree that you will accept a refund as an acceptable solution should such a situation arise.
3. Cleaning – we will use our best endeavour to organize for the property to be cleaned prior to your arrival, however during peak season or extremely busy handover days; some tolerance may be required of tenants to accommodate cleaning schedules.
4. Maintenance – we will organize for normal repairs and maintenance to be carried out during your stay, provided that the repairs and maintenance are attributable to normal wear and tear, and no damage to the property or other breakages.
5. Gas bottle refills – subject to the availability of staff, we will organize gas bottle refills for you, or reimburse you for the cost of a refill if you do that yourself.
6. Representation of a property – your booking is made in good faith by us as the owner’s agent. We will use our best endeavours to ensure that the property is accurately represented to you, however, we will not be responsible for the actions of owners including making changes to a property or its inclusions. All disputes concerning the nature of the property will be referred to the owner.
7. East Coast Getaways (or the owner) will use its best endeavour to have the property in good working order, however, cannot guarantee every aspect of the property and especially items that can be inherently temperamental – electronics, Wi-Fi, television reception, barbecue lighters, or the functioning of pools and spas
1. Pet-friendly house – a pet-friendly house means that your dog is permitted on the property and unless so stated in the description of the property, also inside the house. Please check the property description closely for any specific rules that apply to that house. As a general rule, pets are not permitted on furniture or beds. Please, therefore, bring along a dog bed or similar for the dog to sleep on
2. Fencing – some pet-friendly properties are fenced as indicated in the property description; however, the total security of the fencing is never guaranteed by us. You are responsible for the whereabouts of your dog at all times
3. Avoid excessive cleaning charges – all houses reserve the right to charge for excess cleaning costs due to dog hair, scratching or chewing damage, etc. Please clean the house upon departure to remove dog hair and any other mess inside the house. When you leave please also check the gardens and lawns and please clean up after your dog.
4. An owner may change a property from pet-friendly to not pet-friendly it his or her sole discretion
1. We will endeavour to assist you to retrieve lost or forgotten personal property; however no claim may be made on us or the owner for any loss
2. Lost property will be kept for a period of 2 weeks, and then any unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
TERMINATION AND OTHER GENERAL TERMS
A tenancy can be terminated if a material term or condition of this agreement is breached by you.
The following fees and charges may apply to your booking.
FEES AND CHARGES
Booking Fee $77 per booking, non-refundable
Cancellation Charge 15% of tariff
BBQ Clean $55
Neighbourhood complaints $300 – fee for excess noise complaints, overcrowding, police
Property left behind a $27.50 collection fee plus postage costs
Bond Claims $55 admin fee for bond claims in excess of $150
Lost Keys Replacement cost plus $55 admin fee
Credit Cards fee is 1.9% on all transactions, PayPal fee is 5% on all transactions