The contract is between the guest and the owner of the holiday property Hildonk Chalet C/- House Down South.
Confirmation of a Booking
- A booking will only be confirmed after all of the following:
a) A booking request has been sent to and received by House Down South.
b) The deposit amount specified on the booking request form has been paid and received.
c) House Down South has dispatched a letter of confirmation for the booking request.
Deposits & Final Payment
a) The deposit is due within twenty four (24) hours of the booking request being made and is non-refundable.
b) The balance for the booking is due 28 days before the arrival date.
c) Failure to pay the deposit or the final balance within the prescribed period will forfeit the booking.
- A security bond is payable as either a debit or pre-authorisation on credit card. This bond amount is specified on the booking request form. The bond will be used to cover any costs in the event of extra guests, extra beds, late checkout, damage or loss to the property, its contents or where extra cleaning is required. Any costs incurred that exceed the bond amount will be charged to the authorised credit card. Bond refunds (Where the bond amount has been debited) will usually be issued within five (5) business days from the departure date.
Check in / Check out Times
Extra charges will apply for late check-out that has not been pre-arranged. Please enquire when booking about early check-in and late check-out. Standard times are:
- Check in time is after: 3.00pm
- Check out time before: 10.00am
Number of Guests
- The number of guests at the property must not exceed that stated on the booking form. If there is any evidence that extra persons were present or rooms/beds used that were not specified on the booking form the extra tariff as per property pricing will be taken from the security bond and/or authorised credit card. No tents, boat, campers, caravans, swags, sleeping bags can occupy or be used at the property during a booking. The occupants are responsible for keeping the noise levels to a minimum at all times. Any unauthorised gatherings will be considered a breach of the terms and conditions terminating the contract and forfeiting the security bond and booking.
- No animals or pets are allowed in the house or on the property without prior written approval from the property owner or House Down South.
Insurance & Cancellation
- Deposits are non-refundable. If we receive written notice of your cancellation and are successful in securing another booking for any of those dates you will be refunded pro-rata up to the total you have paid less one nights’ tariff.
- It is recommended that guests make their own enquiries and take out holiday cancellation and protection insurance with a reputable insurance company.
- If your cancellation is received prior to 28 days of your arrival date you may have the option to change your dates (new arrival date must be within 3 months and any extra seasonal or alterations in pricing may be payable) An administration fee of $27.50 will apply for changes to booking dates.
- Refunds cannot be provided regardless of whether or not occupation of the premise occurs. In the event of unforeseen circumstances where a booking cannot proceed House Down South reserves the right to cancel at any time.
- The guest is responsible for the property during their stay and shall take all reasonable actions to keep the house secure, clean and tidy and in good condition including utensils, fixtures, fittings and equipment inside and outside.
- There shall be no smoking inside the property by the occupant or the occupant’s guests at any time.
- The guest is responsible to pay for replacement or repair of any damage to the property or its contents. This payment will be taken from the security bond or authorised credit card where required.
- Bedroom linen, bedding and bathroom towels may or may not be provided at the property for the booking as noted on the booking request. No beach towels are provided. A linen charge may be relevant depending on the property (Please refer to the booking request form.) Where linen is not provided you will need to supply your own bedding, sheets, pillow slips, towels, extra blankets and doona covers.
Description of Property
- The guest acknowledges that all marketing material for the property was true and correct at the time of publishing or posting on websites and that information about or features of the property may change without notice.
- The owner or holiday management company shall not accept liability in the event that the guest considers the property to be unsuitable for any reason whatsoever.
- The owner or holiday management company shall not accept liability for any matter or occurrences beyond their control including damage caused by extreme weather conditions break down of appliances, wiring, plumbing, invasion of pests, or any act or omission on the part of the Owner causing loss, accidents or injury to the guest or their visitors.