Nathan’s place is the perfect retreat for those seeking a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of city life. This spacious and beautifully presented, self-contained guesthouse has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay. Situated in the township of Whitfield in Victoria’s North East, Nathan’s Place is right in the heart of the King Valley gourmet food and wine region.
Great for relaxing getaways, Nathan's Place features:
- 3 bedrooms (2 with queen beds and the other with 2 singles) setup to sleep 6
- Fully equipped kitchen and dining area
- Spacious lounge with comfy couch, TV/DVD player, CD player, books and games
- Undercover parking
- Complimentary tea and coffee
Nathan’s Place is only a short distance from award winning wineries and cellar doors most of whom also serve great food; Pizzini, Dal Zotto and Gracebrook to name a few. For a meal closer to home, the Mountain View Hotel (restaurant and pub) and Whitty Café (coffee and food) are a leisurely stroll away.
Throughout the year, the King Valley showcases it's food and wine produce through a range of festivals, events and wine tastings. Here's a few of the favourites.
- "Weekend Fit for a King” held over the Queen’s birthday long weekend
- "La Dolce Vita Food and Wine Festival” held in November
- The King Valley Shed Wine Show is another fun event to keep an eye open for, whereby the public are invited to judge the Valley’s best wines through a day well spent wine tasting.
If nature’s more your thing or you just need to dry out from the grapes for a bit, the King Valley’s natural attractions are all close by to Nathan's Place. Powers Lookout, Paradise Falls and William Hovell Dam are all easily accessible and worth a look. There are also a variety of tours and places of interest for day visitors as well as those staying longer. Bushwalking, 4WD touring and camping are all popular pastimes whilst Whitfield’s proximity to the surrounding ski fields and Winton Raceway makes for exciting day trips. For the historians and driving enthusiasts the Ned Kelly driving tour also calls through Whitfield.