This is a very special private Retreat, a place to relax, recharge and dream…
The hexagon cabin is beautifully rustic, environmental, basic and off-grid. Every detail has been lovingly created, mostly from recyled materials, admist a private, lush, natural setting of ferns, flowers and tall trees that stretch to the sky; a lovely little forest setting.
There is a beautiful double highbacked outdoor bath amongst ferns. There are filtered views of the mountains. Access to the clean river is only metres away for a swim, paddle, fishing, thinking time or a picnic. Or to ponder and watch ducks and platypus.
Go to sleep as the sun sets golden over the mountains, look at the stars through the glass skylight window, read, write or reflect by the fire or candlelight, wake up to bird song and a new day…in so many ways
...to do nothing or picnic or walk by the river or forests, climb a mountain, cycle the rail trail, browse the curio shops, relax in the cafes or dine in a variety of nearby places.
This is a neutral-carbon holiday when you stay here as it is totally off-grid and on solar and tank water, though we provide drinking water in bottles.
While there is no electricity (only solar lights) in the cabin, don't worry as the excellent cafes on the main street let you plug in your phones and laptops...if you really want to keep plugged in :-)
- Check in 2pm, check-out 10am
- Earlier check and later check out may be possible upon request
- Double futon bed
- Wood heater/stove
- Teas/coffee/milk including herbal teas and non-dairy milks
- Drinking water
- Long drop compost toilet a few metres away
- Lovely double highbacked clawfoot bath outside amongst ferns (tank water fed and heated by a wood stove) Please note it will not heat when the temperature is below 18deg, so Winter and Spring can mean it may be too cold on some days and we don't know until a few days before when we see the forecast.
- Nourishing or pampering extras: Aromatherapy head/feet/hand Massage; Reiki; Bodywork (Cherokee or Maori Romi Romi); Healings.
- Street parking
- Local tours - pls enquire
- Approx 10 uphill steps from street to the cabin