Terms and Conditions - Coolum Cottage
1. Payment of the holiday accommodation rental fee constitutes the guest's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The operators will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the operators reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
3. To secure your holiday booking, a bond deposit of $200 is required to be paid within 7 days of booking with the balance paid at least two weeks prior to commencement of the booking. Payment may be made by bank deposit, cheque or money order. For Christmas, Easter, June/July and Sept/Oct school holiday bookings, the balance must be paid 30 days prior to the commencement of the booking.
4. Arrangements for key collection will be made once payment has been received in full.
5. All premises are to be left in a satisfactory clean and tidy state (i.e. please leave the house in the same condition it was in upon your arrival). General cleaning included in guest fees comprises washing of bed linen, towels, and kitchen linen; vacuuming and mopping of floors; toilet and bathroom; dusting.
6. Guests are requested to ensure that all cutlery, crockery, cookware are washed, dried (with tea towel) and returned to appropriate drawers /cupboards; the refrigerator and pantry are clean; BBQ is clean; and outdoor tables are wiped down. It is appreciated if guests sweep and, if necessary, vacuum the floors and clean up any excess mess in the toilet and bathroom before departure.
7. In the event of excessive cleaning requirements, an extra cleaning fee of $75 will be charged and deducted from the guest bond.
8. Please ensure that children are well supervised and do not write on walls etc as this incurs additional cleaning fees (It has happened!)
9. Dogs are very welcome at Coolum Cottage in accordance with the Pooch Rules - owner to ensure cleanliness of house and yards prior to departure.
10. Linen is included. Due to health requirements all guests are required to use sheets and pillow cases.
11. Smoking is not permitted inside Coolum Cottage. Smoking is permitted outside and an ashtray is provided.
12. Any damage, breakage or loss of furniture, furnishings, equipment, locks or keys is to be reported immediately and paid for at cost, other than acceptable wear and tear. Please note that a detailed inventory check occurs both before and after your occupation.
13. A security deposit (bond) of $200.00 is required to cover all additional costs incurred as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions including any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, which occur due to the client occupying the premises. A full refund via direct deposit to the guest's bank account or a cheque will be posted to the client vacating the property following inspection and inventory check.
14. The number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice. Additional fees of $50.00 per person per night will apply for excess guests not notified to the operators in advance.
15. The operators take no responsibility for the client's personal property left on the premises.
16. Check-in time is 11.00 am. Check-out time is 11.00 am. Guests must vacate the property by the check-out time unless agreed with the operators in advance that they may stay longer. Without prior agreement, additional late departure fees will apply at the nightly rate.
17. The guest making the booking must be 18 years or over and agree to take full responsibility for the temporary rental of the property.
18. Furniture, fixtures and fittings are not to be altered or moved between rooms or properties. The BBQ must remain on the outside porch.
19. Under no circumstances should keys be left on the premises.
20. For call outs, outside of office hours, a $100.00 fee will be levied. i.e. if you lose your keys or lock yourselves out.
21. In the event of a cancellation by the client, the deposit is non-refundable, unless the property is re-let for the entire period of the cancellation. This may vary depending on circumstances of the cancellation.