A BRIEF EXPLANATION:
You are renting self-contained, self-catering short term accommodation, not booking a fully serviced hotel. There are requirements that guests are responsible for that would not apply at a hotel. If your stay is for a period of time typically longer than 7 nights, some responsibilities may apply to you such as putting out rubbish bins, laundering linen & towels during your stay for your own use and keeping the premises clean while you are staying and prior to checking-out. Ensure you read the following carefully so you are aware. Our standard cleaning arrangement is upon check-out, however, a mid-stay clean is available upon request at your expense.
Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation guarantees that the descriptions, images and photographs of the Property provided on the website are an accurate portrayal of the Property. Some items within the Property may be slightly different to those shown in the photos. However, if they differ, the items will be of the same standard as that shown in the pictures, or higher.
BY MAKING PAYMENT, THE GUEST AGREES THEY HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON BEHALF OF ALL GUESTS STAYING AT AND ALL VISITORS TO THE PROPERTY.
- “Booking” refers to the period of time for which you have paid to stay at the property.
- “Property” refers to the Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation property that your booking refers to and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment, including the grounds in which the physical building is located on.
- “Management” refers to the owners and managers of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation.
- “Guest” refers to the persons staying overnight in the property during the booking.
- “Visitor” refers to a person a Guest permits to visit the property during the booking.
- All references to "we", "our" and "us" are references to Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation.
- All references to “you” and “your” are references to the Guest.
- “Welcome Folder” refers to the guest information folder located at each property.
2. CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT:
Unless otherwise arranged, check-in time is after 4:00 pm on the arrival date and check-out time is no later than 10:00 am on departure date. Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability, extra charges may apply. You must notify Management of expected time of arrival, via a contact mobile number and/or working email at least 5 days prior to arrival for you to receive check-in details. If your booking is less than 5 days prior to expected check-in, a contact mobile number and working email must be provided at the time of booking.
3. ONLINE BOOKING AND PAYMENT SYSTEM:
- All payments MUST be received in full, in Australian dollars (AUD) by Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation prior to check-in, unless Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation otherwise agrees.
- Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation reserves the right to cancel unpaid bookings and advertise the dates as vacant if no alternative payment arrangements have been organised. The cancellation provisions in clause 8 apply to any amounts already paid.
- NB: A full list of what is included in the price can be found on our website under “Frequently Asked Questions”
4. COOLING OFF PERIOD:
Once the first payment is made (whether it is the deposit or full payment), you have a 24 hour period (“Cooling Off Period”) in which you can cancel your booking without penalty and receive a refund of all amounts paid (excluding any credit card surcharge). After the Cooling Off Period, the cancellation provisions in clause 8 will apply.
NB: There is no Cooling Off Period if your booking is made within 48 hours of check-in.
5. TRANSFERABLE PAYMENTS AND DATES:
Ensure that you choose your booking carefully. Changes to the dates of your booking are permitted at the discretion of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation. Payments already made will roll over to the new dates, where a vacancy is available, in accordance with our cancellations policy.
NB: Payments made for a booking that is subsequently cancelled are not transferable to any future bookings in any circumstances, once the 24 hour cooling off period has passed and once the booking has been entered as cancelled. Payments cannot be transferred to bookings made in another person’s name.
6. CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE:
A surcharge will apply to all payments made by Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Except as set out in clause 9, credit card surcharges are not refunded in the event of a change or cancellations as the charge has already been incurred.
7. CREDIT CARD AUTHORISATION:
Before check-in details will be supplied, you must provide details of a valid credit card which you are authorised to use which will be held by Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation as security for all payments required under these terms and conditions.
By making payment and accepting these terms and conditions, you acknowledge and agree that Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation is authorised to charge your credit card for any costs for breakages, damages, excess cleaning or any other charges that are incurred during your Booking, including any costs referred to in clauses 12, 13, 19, 20, 22 and 23 of these terms and conditions. Details of additional fees and charges are set out in the Welcome Folder at the Property.
If any of the costs referred to in the paragraph above are incurred, we will automatically charge your credit card without any further consent from you. A receipt will be issued with an explanation of every charge listed.
If you think there has been an error in charging your credit card or that the charges are excessive, you have the right to dispute the charges by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If we conclude as a result of our investigations that any amounts have been incorrectly charged to your credit card, we will refund those amounts to you.
8. CANCELLATION POLICY:
Explanatory note: once a booking is made, confirmed and deposit paid, we frequently knock back many other possible bookings – these people then book elsewhere and the opportunity is lost. Any changes to your booking may prevent us from re-letting the same dates at the property. It is your responsibility to ensure your details, dates and booking are all correct before making payment to avoid forfeiting any money.
8.1. TENTATIVE (NEW) BOOKINGS:
- All new bookings are considered tentative until payment is received by Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation in accordance with clause 3.
- Tentative bookings will only be held for 72 hours pending receipt of initial payment. Corporate bookings will need to provide an approved Purchase Order or payment by credit card during this time to retain the booking.
- Any bookings where payments /purchase orders have not been received will be deemed as no longer required and will be automatically cancelled without us contacting you further.
- Bookings will be reinstated (if dates are still available) upon receipt of either payment or purchase order.
8.3. CANCELLATION PROVISIONS:
Without affecting any of your statutory consumer rights that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited, the following provisions apply if you cancel your booking:
- 22 days or more before date of arrival – refund of all amounts paid by you, less the non-refundable 25% deposit and any credit card surcharge paid.
- 15 – 21 days before date of arrival – No refund is given if the dates cannot be re-let. If some or all of the dates can be re-let, then we will refund you the pro-rata tariff that you paid for those re-let dates MINUS the non-refundable 25% deposit, and any credit card surcharge paid.
- 14 Days or less before date of arrival – No refund given.
- Bookings paid by instalments may be automatically cancelled if instalments are not paid on time.
Please note: minor changes to your booking prior to your arrival will be accommodated wherever possible without penalty (for example: minor amendments to arrival / departure dates) – these are at the absolute discretion of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation.
- Any refund that you are entitled to, in whole or in part will ONLY be paid to you after the date has passed of the original booking. Any monies refunded will be returned to you via online payment to your credit card.
8.4. EARLY DEPARTURE:
- Without affecting any of your statutory consumer rights that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited, you will not be entitled to any refund for vacating prior to the departure date set out in your booking. Where guests are already in residence and choose to leave earlier than their booked check-out date, there will be no refund in part, nor can the unused portion be transferred to another booking, regardless of whether we are able to re-let the unused dates or not (This does not apply to tentative extensions being held but not yet paid for, which can be cancelled without penalty).
9. SUPPLY OF PROPERTY:
Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation will make every attempt to honour your booking to the best of our ability. Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation reserves the right to change or cancel bookings should the property be withdrawn from availability or otherwise be rendered uninhabitable for reasons beyond the control of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation. Every reasonable effort will be made to source a suitable alternative for you, but failing that all payments (including credit card surcharge) will be refunded in full to you.
You acknowledge and agree that if your Booking is for a of short stay (7 days or less), you may be required to change to another property with similar or better features and in the same general area at no extra cost, if your short stay prevents a longer booking from being booked by another guest. This is at the discretion of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation and is to ensure maximum occupancy across all properties.
Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation warrants to the Guest that all services that Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation provides to the Guest will meet the consumer guarantees in the Australian Consumer Law. If there is any failure by Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation to meet those guarantees, the Guest is entitled to the applicable remedies set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
As we do not have a physical reception, unfortunately we are not able to store luggage for you prior to check-in or after check-out. Please contact Management to request an extended check-in or check-out, additional charges may apply.
No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the control of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation and its contractors.
12. USE OF PREMISES / PARTY POLICY:
The premises are ONLY to be used for holiday/short stay term residential purposes and ONLY for the period stated on the booking form. NO weddings, parties, or large gatherings are allowed. Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation has a strict NO PARTY Policy at every property, without exception. You are not permitted to hold any type of party or loud gathering in the property at any time. Such behaviour may result in immediate termination of your booking with no refund and you may be asked to vacate the premises immediately. Any associated costs (such as cleaning, replacement costs for damaged goods, fines received, loss of income and any other form of loss) will be payable by you to Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation. You authorise Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation to debit your credit card in accordance with clause 6 to recover any associated costs.
If your intention is to use the property for any other non-residential purposes such as commercial use, meetings, filming, photography etcetera (even if someone may be staying at the property while this is going on) this MUST be disclosed at time of initial booking. Normal tariffs will NOT apply and a specific quote for this purpose must be obtained. If this type of use of premises is not disclosed at the time of booking, you will be in breach of these terms and conditions and will be liable to Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation for any losses, costs and expenses it incurs as a result of your actions including loss of reputation, loss of income and loss of customers and legal costs. The amount of damages owed to Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation is not limited to the above losses mentioned above.
13. NOISE AND DISTURBANCES:
Guests must respect the rights of our neighbours. Any nuisance or annoyance caused by guests of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation to surrounding residence will not be tolerated. Such behaviour may result in immediate termination of booking with no refund, and any associated costs will be payable by you to Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation. You authorise Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation to debit your credit card in accordance with clause 6 to recover any associated costs.
Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for noise or disturbances created outside the property by local residents or workmen etcetera. We encourage you to use common sense in dealing with these situations and remember in residential areas, occasionally disturbances do occur.
14. NUMBER OF GUESTS:
Due to fire restrictions, the number of guests is restricted to the usual sleeping capacity of each property. The usual sleeping capacity is unique to each property and information regarding maximum number of guests is specified on the description page of each property. Overcrowding will not be tolerated. Babies in cots / cribs do not need to be included in the total number of guests.
15. HOUSE SUPPLIES:
A small complementary supply of kitchen/ bathroom necessities (detergent, soap, cleaning products etcetera) is provided for your use during your stay. Any further supplies are the guest’s responsibility, and will not be compensated for by Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation.
16. GUESTS PROPERTY:
No responsibility is taken for guests’ property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that all doors and windows at the premises be secured at ALL times. It is highly recommended that guests take out personal property insurance and travel insurance. If guests’ property is found by Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation, any costs associated with returning the goods to the guest will be at the guests’ expense.
17. MAIL FOWARDING:
You will need to make your own arrangements for forwarding of mail after you have left the property – Australia Post does not permit a business to redirect mail on behalf of any person. No responsibility is taken for lost mail. We suggest you take out mail redirection /mail forwarding at the local Post Office for at least 3 months. See our Welcome Folder for the nearest Post Office upon arrival.
We request that you contact our administration team at Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation in regards to any light globes that require replacement. A representative will respond as soon as practicable.
Any breakages or maintenance requirements need to be advised to Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation as soon as they occur or are noticed. We will attend in the timeliest manner possible. Guests are required to allow maintenance personnel access to the property during reasonable hours (unless emergency conditions exist and out of hours attendance is necessary).
Please note: if a guest organises maintenance repairs themselves without the authorisation of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation, they may be obliged to pay the costs themselves if the service was not warranted (for example – calling an electrician to fix something that was the responsibility of the electricity provider).
19. GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES:
Guests are responsible for:
- Any damage to the property or premises or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including but not limited to – floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery. Guests will pay Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. If an item cannot be repaired to a satisfactory standard we will charge you for full replacement costs. If a broken item is part of a set, you will be charged for the cost of a new set if the original can no longer be sourced. An administration fee to cover time spent in attending to such repairs/ purchases will also be levied. This is charged at a rate of $50 per hour. All damages, breakages or losses are to be reported to our administration department immediately.
- All furniture and equipment must be left on the premises in the location it was originally found. At the discretion of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation, there may be additional charges imposed if cleaners are required to move furniture to its original location.
- Any costs that may be incurred for retuning TV/VCRs that have been detuned by guests or by the attachment of electronic devices.
- Leaving the property clean and tidy, in accordance with the instructions left at the property. Failure to do so will incur additional cleaning charges at the discretion of Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation.
- Putting out garbage bins, in accordance with the information in the Welcome Folder. A charge will be applied if excess garbage is left at the premises, or if bins have not been put out on the nominated day.
All costs and charges incurred pursuant to this clause 20 will be debited from your credit card in accordance with clause 6.
Where a barbeque is supplied at the property, it should already be clean at the beginning of your stay – you must inform our administration team at Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation immediately if you arrive and the Barbeque is not clean. If a barbeque is left uncleaned at the end of your stay you may be charged an additional cost to cover cleaning. Your credit card will be debited in accordance with clause 6 to recover these costs. Leaving a clean barbeque is part of your checkout procedure, with clear instructions included in our Welcome Folder.
Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation makes every attempt to ensure the gas bottle filled adequately at all times, however on occasions this may be missed. If your gas bottle does empty, notify our administration team immediately so we can correct this for you. If we are not contactable, you are permitted to take the gas bottle to a local service station to be refilled or swapped. Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation will happily compensate you for any money paid to cover this cost - including a fair amount to cover the cost of petrol (receipts MUST be provided with legible ABN, date purchased and price paid).
Off street parking is usually provided. Where guests choose to park on the street, they must make themselves aware of any parking restrictions applicable - Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation will not be responsible for any parking infringements (fines) incurred! When in doubt, phone the local council – phone numbers are in our Welcome Folder.
Things to note: houses in areas near sporting grounds may have restrictive parking on match days, and parking in areas near hospitals frequently have one side of the street reserved for long term parking. Make sure you read any signs carefully.
- Pets are permitted to stay at many of our properties, only with prior written approval from Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation. Pet owners need to supply their own pet bedding and bowls etcetera.
- Pets MUST be up to date with Flea treatments and vaccinations. At NO TIME are pets allowed on any beds or furniture.
- We take care to adhere to local council regulations and must be fully informed of the number and type of any pets on the property. Any fines imposed by the council for noise or other pet issues will be passed onto the guest.
- Owners with pets understand that pets usually require extra cleaning to remove any traces of their pets, both inside and outside the building. If our cleaners need to clean up after your pets, excess cleaning fees will be passed on to you – this may include replacement of linen if it is found that your pets have been inside any beds and the costs involved if any extra treatments are necessary. Your credit card will be debited in accordance with clause 6 to recover these costs.
23. SMOKING POLICY:
There is NO Smoking anywhere indoors of the property. If Guests or their Visitors choose to smoke, they may do so outdoors, all cigarette butts must be disposed of appropriately, not thrown anywhere in the gardens or onto any part of the property. If a guest or their visitor has smoked inside any of our properties, we may be required to deodorise the property, this cost will be passed onto you. Your credit card will be debited in accordance with clause 6 to recover these costs.
24. INTERNET USAGE:
There is usually not a limit to usage allowed on the internet provided, however, downloading of any offensive or illegal materials is strictly prohibited.
25. INFORMING US WHEN THINGS GO WRONG:
Ivydale Short Stay Accommodation makes every attempt to provide all our premises in excellent condition. Our cleaners pride themselves on their work. If anything does not meet your expectation, it is your responsibility to advise us immediately – we will endeavour to correct any reasonable issue as soon as practicable.
27. CLEANING COSTS:
The cost for laundering and cleaning the property at the conclusion of your stay is either included in the rental fee or clearly stated on advertising page and is always included in the quote provided to you prior to booking. For guests staying longer than 7 nights, an optional mid stay clean is available to you for a small fee.