TERMS & CONDITIONS
ABOUT HOLIDAY or CORPORATE RENTALS (SHORT STAY RENTAL)
Short-term rental properties are a wonderful way to maximize your enjoyment of time spent away from home and offer many additional features that you cannot get at a hotel.
These generally include a full kitchen complete with all the things you need to cook if you so choose, a balcony or outside area/garden giving an extra place to relax, get fresh air, al fresco dining or even entertaining a friend.
Properties are privately owned and fully furnished – generally including everything you would expect in your own home - more space and more privacy.
Private rental does not, however, have some of the facilities of a hotel that you might need to consider – no concierge, no mini bar or room service.
There is also an additional responsibility to take good care of the home while you are staying there – to treat it with the respect that you would your own home.
We want you to have a wonderful experience and really feel at home and able to enjoy your time away - whether it be for a holiday, for a business stay while in Melbourne or for a personal family event.
PRICING AND PAYMENT POLICY
w bookings are confirmed when a deposit has been paid.
w deposits are generally 30% of your total accommodation fee, but can vary.
w balance of payment is due within 14 days of your stay or 30 days in advance for peak periods.
w bookings made more than 3 months in advance may require additional instalment payments.
w payments can be made directly into our bank account or from credit card or bank account via PayPal.
The bond is additional to your accommodation fees payable with your final accommodation fee payment.
This fee is $200 per stay and is fully refundable within 7 days, after property inspection.
No bank or PayPal fees are deducted from your bond when returned to you.
SECURITY DOCUMENTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Can you also ensure that we have a mobile phone number and/or email where we can contact you during your stay at the property (sometimes bookings have work contacts that do not apply once you are at the property)
CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS
Refunds apply only if the booking you wish to cancel can be replaced by another booking of equal or greater value, or is more than 30 days before the 1st day of your stay or more than 60 days in advance during peak periods.
If a refund is applicable, a $50 administration fee may be deducted from your deposit.
Travel plans can change, we do recommend you have good quality travel insurance for all your travel needs.
In order to give guests a choice and ensure we offer the best base rate, it is agreed between us that you will leave the property in ‘essentially’ the same condition as you found it.
Don’t worry, we don’t ask that you wash or change the linen or bath towels or vacuum or wash floors – just generally in a tidy condition.
It is important that you make a double check for your belongings before you leave, ensure no food that you have brought in is left in the fridge or cupboards and let us know if there are any problems or damages.
Cleaning services or bed change during your stay are not included in the accommodation tariff you have paid, but can be arranged at your request.
If the property needs an unreasonable level of cleaning of things such as washing of dishes, removing food from the fridge, cleaning of the BBQ and oven, additional cleaning may be required and in these cases, charges may be deducted from your bond for the cleaning time required.
We can also arrange a cleaner to come during your stay– at least 3 days prior advice is required to book this service and charges are $45 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours. Please let me know.
SOME GENERAL THINGS
- You have booked a certain number of guests to stay at this property – additional guests staying overnight are not permitted unless we are advised and extra guests are booked and paid for.
- Our neighbours are permanent residents – please respect their right to quiet enjoyment of their environment - ensure loud music is not played outdoors after 9pm or unreasonably during the day
- Ditto for noisy people talking, singing etc..
- Smoking is not allowed inside the property at any time.
- If smoking outside, please dispose of butts to outside rubbish bins in tied rubbish bags (supplied by us). Do not put cigarette butts loose or in bags in the kitchen rubbish.
- No illegal drugs are permitted to be used anywhere on the premises, inside or outside – if there is any evidence of drug use during your stay, you will be immediately evicted and the police notified.
- You are provided with 2 sets of keys or access to a key safe. A charge will be made for lost keys of $95 per key set and possibly for new locks to be fitted if a danger to the security of the property is perceived.
- No parties or events are to be held at the house/apartment without express permission, in writing.
- In most properties, parking is provided – either by undercover secure parking in apartment buildings, private parking space or owner on street parking permit.
ABOUT THE BEDS & BATHROOM
- The beds are made up for you with high quality linen - please don’t use beds without linen – this includes a bottom and top sheet and pillowcases. If the bed protectors or pillows are unreasonably soiled or damaged during your stay, the replacement/or laundry of these will be deducted from your bond.
- There is a spare set of linen at the property, so you can change beds during your stay if you wish. There are also 2 sets of bath towels per person.
- Hand towels and bath mats are also supplied.
ABOUT THE RUBBISH
- Please take any rubbish to the rubbish shutes or household bins provided.
- Bottles, cans, plastics and other re-cycling go in a separate bin. All apartments/houses will have designated areas for these items
BREAKAGES OR PROPERTY DAMAGE
We are very understanding of minor breakages such as a chipped plate or broken glass – and we will not charge you anything for such things as long as it is only a couple of bits and pieces. We regard that as part of the cost of wear and tear.
If you do damage something, please leave a note in our maintenance book so we know to replace it.
If something more major happens during your stay, please call or text (contact details provided once booking has been confirmed) so that the damage can be assessed and where possible or necessary repaired – either during or after your stay.
In most reasonable cases, we will not deduct from the bond – we just need to know so we can fix it.
It is really helpful if we know about any issues, so that we can try and make arrangements before next guests.
In case of Extreme Problems
Should excessively noisy, damaging or out of control behaviour occur, or any damage to our property through these behaviours, we reserve the right to ask you to leave our property at any time during your stay.
Should this be necessary, no refund of accommodation fees paid will be applicable and your bond will only be refunded after fees for cleaning or damages have been assessed, dealt with and deducted from your bond.
Our neighbours have full permission from us to act on our behalf in evicting tenants under these circumstances and/or call the local police if serious problems arise.
We have been managing holiday/corporate rental properties for over 3 years and to date, all of our guests have been absolutely wonderful people (oh, well, there was one exception!) who have looked after our property well and have really enjoyed their stay at our property and in magnificent Melbourne.
We now have many repeat guests, coming to Melbourne to on a holiday to explore our wonderful city, for work, to visit family or to take part in of the special events Melbourne hosts each year.
Guests have come from all over the world – Korea, Malaysia, Dubai, England, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, North America, New Zealand, China, South Africa and different parts of Europe so far….
Many guests also come from all over Australia and even those who already live in Melbourne but need another place to stay for a period of time.
All are welcome.
And we wish you a wonderful stay in Melbourne.
We hope you will come and stay with us again next time you are here.