1. Online Reservation: All Reservation requests are subject to confirmation. Children are welcome. Your Reservation will normally be processed during office hours within 24 hours once We have confirmed receiving it. The Reservation is pending Our confirmation and You will be notified by Us once your booking has been accepted. Confirmation of Your booking will only be given by Us once We receive Your Booking Deposit.
2. Minimum Night Bookings: Two consecutive night bookings are required (Low and Shoulder Season only) unless You book a Public Holiday Weekend and then three or four night consective night bookings are required as specified, chargeable at Shoulder Season weekend rates. A seven night minimum stay applies at all Holiday Shacks properties from 16th December to 1 February for all bookings, unless otherwise specified.
3. Booking Deposit and Balance: A Booking Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is due and payable immediately upon acceptance by Us of Your Reservation to confirm Your booking. The initial booking deposit and the balance of payment will be charged to the credit card provided (Visa and Mastercard only). We only accept Direct Deposit payments for last minute bookings (within 7 nights of your arrival date). The Booking Balance of the remaining 50% must be paid at least 30 days prior to Your arrival date. If You book within four weeks of your arrival the total balance i.e. 100% is immediately due. A booking fee of $66.00 (incl. GST) is required. This is not refundable regardless of a cancellation or not.
4. Payment Terms: Until Your Booking Deposit is received by Us Your booking is not confirmed. You will not be granted access to the Property until Your Booking Balance and Security Deposit (i.e. Bond) have been received by Us. You will receive a tax invoice upon receipt of Your Booking Balance. Invoices are issued, and payment must be made, in Australian dollars (AUD). The balance of payment will be charged to the same credit card that was used to pay the deposit (unless we are informed otherwise), at least 30 days prior to your arrival. We only accept Visa or Mastercard or Direct Deposit as agreed. We do not accept Direct Deposits unless Your booking is the same week as Your arrival. All credit card transactions (excluding any unused Security Deposit amounts) will incur a bank merchant fee of 3.0% for all credit cards.You must only provide valid credit card details for which you are authorised to use.
5. Security Deposit (Bond): A Security Deposit must be received by Us at least two working days prior to Your arrival at the Property. This can be paid by Your nominated credit card for the amount of $2,000.00 or any other amount notified in writing by Us. This will be used to cover incidental items such as (but not limited to): pool heating; telephone charges; Any breakages or damage at or to the Property incurred during your stay; Any excessive cleaning charges, above the normal level of cleaning, due to the Property being left in an unacceptable state; or, recovery of payment for any other additional services required to be performed to bring the Property back to the state and condition it was in prior to Your entry into the Property. We will repay the Security Deposit in full or in part depending on recovery of any incidental items as soon as practical after We have inspected the Property which usually takes place within 72 hours of departure. The refund will be paid within 7 working days (during the Shoulder and Low Season from 1 Feb - 15 Dec) or within 14 working days during the High Season (from 16 Dec - 31 Jan) unless we contact You to state otherwise. We will inform You of any incidental costs as soon as We are aware of any and supply You with a tax invoice for any costs withheld from your Security Deposit where necessary. Where the Security Deposit is insufficient to cover the total of any such incidental costs, You will be liable for these additional costs and agree to pay Us the additional balance within 30 days after being advised of such costs.
6. Cancellations: If you cancel your booking, a refund will only be made to You by Us only if we are able to secure another booking for the same dates and same value as Your booking. The refund amount will be the lesser of the amount You paid or the value of the replacement booking less the booking fee of $66.00, administration fee of $100.00 + GST and merchant fee (if You paid by credit card). Once final payment is due, 30 days prior to arrival, no refund is applicable. If the booking has been made via a third party booking agent, additional cancellation fees may apply to cover any commissions paid. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance to cover you in the event of an unforeseeable cancellation.
7. Guest Details: By signing and accepting these Terms and Conditions You will be the Registered Guest. The Registered Guest’s name must exactly match the name provided at the time of booking. The Registered Guest must supply a mobile phone number which ensures they can be contactable when occupying the residence 24/7 for security purposes. The Registered Guest is responsible for the Property and its contents for the entire period of Your booking and will be liable for all breakages and damages however caused by any Guest or visitors regardless of whether You are present or not at the time the damage occurs. It is the responsibility of the Registered Guest named in the booking confirmation to ensure all guests and visitors are aware of the booking terms and conditions. All booking variations and cancellations must be made by the Registered Guest only.
8. Occupancy Limits: You agree to supply Us with the number and ages of all Guests who will be residing at or visiting the Property during Your booking. The number of Guests visiting the Property must never exceed the number of guests confirmed on Your Reservation Form. There are no exceptions unless We approve additional Guests in writing. This is an occupational, health and safety issue relating to fire safety, sanitation and hygeine issues and properties may be checked for compliance. At our discretion You may be charged for any additional Guests found to have been at the Property during Your booking at $100.00 per person per day.
9. No Schoolies bookings are permitted or bookings for groups under 28 years of age. This excudes family bookings travelling with children under 18 years of age.
10. Linen & Servicing: Linen is an optional extra provided with Your booking, and charged per person for your stay unless the inclusion of linen is specified at the time of booking and noted under the property tab Stay Notes. Otherwise you are required to bring sheets (top and bottom), pillow cases, bath towels, hand towels, bath mats and tea towels. Please refer to the property description of your booked property for exact bedding configuration linen requirements. All properties otherwise supply good quality doonas, doona covers, mattress and pillow protectors, pillows and blankets for your comfort. The Property will not be serviced during your stay unless you have pre-booked housekeeping services seven working days prior to your arrival. This can be arranged at an extra fee and includes surface cleans of bathrooms, kitchens and linen changeover.
11. Arrival/Departure Times: Arrival time is after 2pm, with departure by 11am during the Low and Shoulder season (between 1 February to 16 December and excludes Easter bookings). During high season (from 16 December to 1 February and Easter) arrival time is after 4pm, with departure by 10am. This must be strictly adhered to unless otherwise agreed in writing with Us. No early arrivals or late departures are permitted during High Season. The Property must be vacated by the departure time. If housekeeping are left waiting for access then a $50.00 to 80.00 + GST per hour per cleaner rescheduling fee will apply (this rate is dependent on Weekend or Public Holiday servicing charges). If additional cleaning is required above general cleaning then a minimum cleaning charge at $50.00 to $80.00 per hour + GST will be charged (this rate is dependent on Weekend or Public Holiday servicing charges).
12. Guest compendium: A full book of instructions is supplied at each property detailing user instructions for appliances and amenities. If you require a member of staff to assist with any problem during your stay a $100 + GST attendance fee may be incurred if the problem is not an appliance fault. Please note call outs are usually only attended to during office hours 9am-5pm Monday - Friday unless it is an emergency.
13. Lost property: While we are not responsible for property left at a Holiday Shacks house post your departure, we will do our best to recover the item(s) on Your behalf. There is a minimum charge of $25.00 (weight dependent) to retrieve and post the item(s) back to you. Additional postal charges apply for guests residing overseas.
Holiday Shacks House Rules
14. No Party Policy: Our holiday homes are located in quiet neighbourhoods. A strict no party policy applies. We ask you keep noise to a minimum during your stay and after 10pm ensure tennis court lights and any music being played outdoors is switched off for the safety, comfort and privacy of neighbours. If you breach these terms and there is a Security Callout a $100+GST deduction will be charged with each security or caretaker callout. Only one warning will be issued for noise complaints. A second complaint will result in immediate departure and the Security Deposit will be retained. STRICTLY NO FUNCTIONS ALLOWED. THERE IS A $2000.00 IMMEDIATE FINE SHOULD AN UNUATHORISED FUNCTION OCCUR AT THE PROPERTY.
15. No Smoking Policy: All Properties are smoke free inside. There are no exceptions to this. Any evidence of smoking or butts left at the Property will result in additional charges for cleaning, steam cleaning or repairs required from smoke damage.
16. Parking: Up to two cars only are allowed to park on the property premises for properties sleeping up to 8 guests and four cars for properties sleeping up to 16 guests, with parking permitted only in allocated parking bays and driveways. Please do not park on the nature strip or on property garden beds/lawns. Charges apply for any damages caused by breaching these terms.
17. Pet Policy: We only allow pets at Properties as advertised (Pet Friendly Holiday Shacks) and as agreed to in writing by Us, the type and number of pets must be disclosed at the time of booking, otherwise we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund.
(a) All disclosed pet stays will be referred to on your invoice and there is a surcharge for pet guests of $60 per pet + GST per night, per stay.
(b) Please bring your pet’s bed or a sheet/blanket so they have their own sleeping and resting place as they not permitted on beds, couches or any other furniture.
(c) Before departing the property you must clean up after Your Pet(s) thoroughly including removing any droppings from courtyards or gardens. If pet hair is found on beds, blankets, couches or cushions or any other soft furnishings guests will be liable for any necessary cleaning and steam-cleaning. If pets damage any furniture by scratching or chewing, guests will be liable for any repairs or replacements. If necessary these costs will be charged to the credit card left as Security on your booking.
(d) All pets at Holiday Shacks pet friendly properties are to be flea and tick treated, fully vaccinated, and well behaved. Well behaved means under control at all times. Dogs are to be on a leash when in common areas or driveways, and are not to be left in the house/apartment, on decks/balconies, or in yards for prolonged periods of time unattended. If guests are absent from the property during the day for extended periods, they will make arrangements to have their dog attended to throughout the day. If dogs are left alone and bark constantly during the day this contravenes local noise laws, upsets neighbours and guests may be asked to vacate the property without refund.
18. Use of Pool/Spa/Tennis Court/Electronics/Audiovisual Policy (if available): If there is a pool or spa or tennis court at the Property, it may only be used from 6am to 10pm. This is to keep the noise levels within the council guidelines. The same hours apply for the tennis court lighting. All pool/spa and electronic filter settings are professionally managed and maintained and are not to be altered by guests. You will be liable for additional maintenance costs should the settings or controls be changed. As a safety measure - absolutely no glassware, bottles of beer, etc, beyond the pool gate. For health and safety please minimise your time in the Spa to 15 minutes to prevent skin irritations occuring. Please do not reset or change the Audiovisual settings or its cabling. If an AV technician is required to rectify any changes that are made, the cost will be deducted from Your Security Deposit.
19. Erecting additional equipment: Guests are at no time permitted to erect swimming pools, inflatable play equipment, shade tents, camping equipment, park caravans or such like on the property. Breaching these terms will result in eviction and forfeiture of security bond.
20. Vacating the Property: You must vacate the Property in the clean state you found it on arrival. As a guide this typically includes washing all dishes, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning the BBQ and removing excess rubbish that does not fit in bins provided. Failure to remove excess rubbish is charged at $50.00 +GST per bin unit. Furniture is not to be moved. If the Property is left in an untidy state or any furniture is moved you will be charged for damage to the furniture and flooring as a result, reasonable additional cleaning costs and the cost to hire furniture removalists to reinstate furniture to its original location. If the BBQ or Stove/Stove top is not thoroughly cleaned a $100.00+GST cleaning fee applies to each item.The Property must be left locked; if the Property is left unlocked and theft occurs, guests You will be liable for any missing property and change of lock costs.
21. Property Damage: You must inform Us immediately of any damages relating to the Property and/or its contents. The Property will be inspected by Us as soon as practical after Your departure. You will be responsible for any breakages or damage at or to the Property. Any costs relating to Property Damage will be withheld from Your Security Deposit and where the Security Deposit is insufficient to cover the total cost, You agree to reimburse Us for any remaining balance owing.
Limitation of Liability
22. Limitation of Liability: We do our best to ensure Your booking arrangements are satisfactory, however We do not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond Our control including, but not limited to, incidents at the Property, owner cancellations, sale of a property, modifications made by the Owner of the Property that we have not been advised of, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.
23. Disclaimer: Whilst all care and attention is taken by Us to ensure the Property is maintained and configured to a high standard and conforms with the descriptions on Our website and representations made by Us when booking, We are not the Owner of the Property and act as Agent only and do not have any direct control over how the Property is presented, maintained, configured or fitted out, therefore we take no responsibility for any differences, changes, modifications or out-of-service equipment at the Property that We were not advised of by the Owner at the time of your booking.
24. Breaches: If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, We reserve the right at Our complete discretion and using reasonable judgement to terminate your booking and evict You from the Property immediately. In such an event You will forfeit any future nights stay and We will not be liable to refund You for any forfeited nights.
25. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify Us against any loss or damage directly or indirectly incurred by Us resulting from Property Damage and/or a breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions, including, but not limited to, any loss of management fees and revenue where the Owner terminates their agreement with Us as a result of Property Damage and/or a breach by You of the Occupancy Limits (clause 8), No Party Policy (clause 14), No Smoking Policy (clause 15), No Pets Policy (clause 17) and the Use of Pool/Spa/Tennis Court/Electronics/ Audiovisual Policy (if applicable) (clause 18).
Holiday Shacks Web Site Terms and Conditions
A right relating to these Terms and Conditions may only be waived by Holiday Shacks in writing. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. By using the Web Site you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid or unenforceable by a Court of Law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remaining provisions, which will continue in full force and effect. Holiday Shacks' failure to exercise or enforce any rights or any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Holiday Shacks in writing.