In the heart of the Dandenong Ranges this 2 bedroom house (plus beautiful bungalow) makes the perfect base to relax and unwind or explore the surrounding area. Commanding uninterrupted views from large windows in every room, you will instantly feel a million miles away. It is nestled in a large private garden adjacent to the spectacular arboretum – a 10 acre ‘tree museum’.
If the word "WOW" is what you are after, you won't be disappointed in Cloudland. An outstanding setting backing onto panoramic parkland, this unique property that can take up to six people is so beautifully appointed you won't want to leave. Cloudland is perfect for wedding parties, anniversaries or a private weekend getaway. There are two queen size bedrooms and a 2 bed bungalow for extra adults or for the kid's space. Sky-high Observatory is a 3 minute drive or a brisk 15 minute walk. Close to Olinda shops and restaurants or a ten minute drive to Sassafras to experience the village atmosphere, cafes and shops.
Cloudland is a simply stunning secluded hideaway amongst the clouds at the top of Mount Dandenong. It is just a few minutes from many wedding reception venues, 45 minutes east of Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from the vibrant Yarra Valley. In the heart of the Dandenong Ranges this stunning 2 bedroom house (plus beautifully appointed bungalow) makes the perfect base to relax and unwind or explore the surrounding area. Evan two days here is enough to completely refresh the soul.
Commanding uninterrupted views from large windows in every room, you will instantly feel an million miles away. It is nestled in a private garden adjacent to the spectacular arboretum... a ten acre tree museum.
Wake up floating amongst the clouds, enjoy and BBQ on the deck, take a relaxing soak in a bubble bath or cosy up in front of the log fire with a good book. Watch a DVD or cook up a storm in the spacious and fully equipped gourmet cook's kitchen. When it is time to sleep, gaze out at the clear, star studded sky from one on the two queen size beds.
- Accommodation for up to six guests in two large bedrooms plus a beautiful private bungalow (two queen beds inside and two singles in the bungalow).
- Double french doors from the main bedroom; lounge and bungalow opening to private decks let you soak up the peaceful atmosphere or starry night sky from the comfort of your bed and the couch.
- Open plan dining/lounge with genuine wood fireplace, supplemented by ducted heating.
- A great kitchen with granite bench tops, dishwasher and Smeg stainless steel oven
- Three large decks with outdoor BBQ, table and chairs, and all with beautiful views.
- Bathroom with shower over bath and separate laundry with washing machine.
- A veggie and herb garden that provides luscious fresh greens and herbs for your table (seasonal).
- A kitchen equipped with basic provisions (tea, sugar, oil, herbs, salt and pepper).
- A complimentary bottle of Yarra Valley wine on your arrival.
- A small selection of books, magazines, a CD and DVD player.
- High quality linen and towels.
- The weekend papers, a cup of coffee or green tea, a good CD while sitting on the big comfy couch in front of the open fire.
- Dining at some of the lovely nearby restaurants and participating in a cooking class with the internationally renowned Ben Higgs at Wild oak restaurant and wine bar.
- A meal at The Ivy in Olinda - ask us about their special offer for Cloudland guests.
- Keeping an eye out for the clouds and mist rolling through the arboretum and enveloping the house.
- A big BBQ breakfast on the deck overlooking the garden.
- Admiring the birds flying through the tree tops while you lie in bed with the blinds open in the morning.
- A short walk through the arboretum to the Observatory at Sky High to watch the sun set over the Melbourne and Port Phillip bay.
- A potter around the antique stores, galleries, cafes, market and boutique stores in nearby Olinda and Sassafras.
- A wander through the popular William Rickets Sanctuary, just one km down the road
- Stepping across the road to an invigorating walk through the magnificent native forest of the Dandenong Ranges National Park.
- Watching the sun rise over the Silvan Reservior from Five Ways Lookout.
- A visit to the spectacular Cloudhill Nursery and the nearby National Rhododendron Gardens.
- Coffee and cake at Ripe in Sassafras.
- A ride on Puffing Billy, a visit to Healesville Sanctuary and some of the local markets.
We know you will enjoy your stay!
The kids will love the country atmosphere, the abundance of open space to explore, and trees to climb.
Cloudland is a lovely place to escape. We fell in love with it, and we hope you do too!