Self-contained apartment in Melbourne
This is your one opportunity to stay in this magnificent heritage listed Alcaston House apartment. Beautifully renovated the individual design style oozes personality as it bridges “period of day” classic charm and contemporary interior inspiration.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
This is your one opportunity to stay in this magnificent heritage listed Alcaston House apartment. Beautifully renovated the individual design style oozes personality as it bridges “period of day” classic charm and contemporary interior inspiration. It is complete with air conditioning, heating, free Wi-Fi, Netflix a big flat screen TV in the main bedroom as well as in the living room.
Walk through the big red entrance door and you will be taken aback by the size of this one bedroom apartment with a central living/dining with charming balcony views over the Treasury precinct and a contemporary open plan kitchen with floor to ceiling pantry, dishwasher, compact oven with microwave, stove top and coffee machine. The large bedroom with built-in robes and stylish appointed central bathroom complete these flawlessly presented spaces. A study/business desk is incorporated in the living area, alongside the 6 seater dining table if work travels bring you here. There is also a hidden washing machine, great for longer stays.
Comfortably sleeps up to 3 guests in a queen bed and single fold out. The opulent tiling in the bathroom and glam lights above the mirror make you feel excited when you are getting ready for your day or heading out to a nearby restaurant, café, theatre or shop till you drop retail stores.
The benefits of the building's 'E' shape means the living room receives natural light shining on the original ornamental fireplace as you sit back in the comfy lounge and enjoy just being in the heart of the best city in the world. Open those large glass doors and stand out on the Juliet balcony to take in the city views including Treasury Gardens, The lights of the MCG and Rod Laver Arena in one direction and the top end of Spring Street in the other.
Please note Alcaston House is not suitable for children 18 months - 5 years of age due to the furnishings not being "toddler friendly".
Renovating, relocating, between house sales? We would welcome you for stays of up to 3 months. Call us about our monthly rates and cleaning services.
A fully equipped kitchen with all the modern necessities including coffee machine, pots and pans, dishwasher, compact oven with microwave, toaster and kettle. Dining room with 6 seater dining table, air conditioner unit in the bedroom and heater panel in the lounge room, hidden washing machine in kitchen cupboard, iron and ironing board, smart TV in lounge room and bedroom, Free Wi-Fi.
Smoking is strictly not permitted.
Bedroom Configuration, Linen and towels supplied.
Bedroom 1 – Queen Bed with air conditioner unit, TV and Juliet balcony.
Please request the following items to hire prior to your stay
- A fold out bed: $75
- A porta cot and high chair: $6 per item but please supply your own linen for the porta cot.
Bathroom 1 – Shower, toilet and vanity.
Tram Stop - 50m to Spring St/Collins St
Train Station – 50m to Parliament Station
- The old Treasury building and Museum: 50m, 1 min walk
- Treasury Gardens: 100m, 2 min walk
- Parliament House: 300m, 4 min walk
- Chinatown: 350m, 4 min walk
- Fitzroy Gardens/ Cook's Cottage: 400m, 6 min walk
- St Patricks Cathedral: 550m, 7 min walk
- Her Majesty's Theatre/Comedy Theatre: 600m, 7 min walk
- St Vincents Hospital: 650m, 8 min walk
- Bourke St Mall. Major Shopping Street with Myer, H&M, Top Shop and Zara: 700m, 9 min walk
- Melbourne Town Hall/Regent Theatre: 750m, 10min walk
- Carlton Gardens/Royal Exhibition Building/Melbourne Museum: 1km, 12min walk
- Federation Square/ACMI: 1km, 12 min walk
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)/Hisense Arena: 1.2km, 15 min walk
- Arts Centre Melbourne: 1.3km, 16 min walk
- Rod Laver Arena/Margaret Court Arena: 1.4km, 20 min walk
- AAMI Park: 2.1km, 26 min walk