Nestled at the foot of Mt Tarrengower, Readshaw Cottage is set amongst a beautiful garden of 1/2 an acre, providing a tranquil space for that perfect getaway. The accommodation is self contained and elegantly decorated with your comfort in mind.
Walk through the fabulous Wisteria arbour to the cottage door where you discover the charming, warm and inviting Readshaw Cottage, and where your escape from the hustle and bustle awaits.
Readshaw is a one-room cottage offering a king size bed, (which can convert to 2 singles if required), reverse cycle heating and cooling, diswasher, Ipod player, DVD and television - all things needed for an enjoyable and relaxing stay. The spacious ensuite bathroom has been elegantly set out with everything you would require for your break.
Enjoy your continental breakfast, provided for you to eat at your leisure, either on the verandah in amongst the lavender hedge or in the beautiful garden surrounding the cottage, where there are numerous seating areas for your sole use. There is a microwave, dishwasher and fridge as well as a coffee machine with various Nespresso pod flavours. You can either choose to have dinner out or use the outdoor BBQ to dine under the stars.
Maldon is a short stroll from Readshaw Cottage where you can experience the many wonderful organic cafes on offer, there are also numerous local wineries, all within easy driving distance and all of which offer the best wines of the Region.
Autumn has arrived and the leaves are changing into beautiful colour and fluttering to the ground; such a beautiful time of the year. It is also a great time to be visiting Readshaw Cottage and Maldon, where you can either walk into town for a lovely coffee or go for a good walk into the wonderful bush surrounds, which are all right on your doorstep. It is all here for you to enjoy at Maldon.
So many things happening in the area on a regular basis. Things such as:
Wednesdays and weekends: Goldfields heritage steam train rides
Every Saturday: Wesley Hill Country Market, Castlemaine
First Sunday of the month: Castlemaine Farmers Market
Second Sunday of every month: Maldon Market
- January: Maldon Twilight Dinner
- February: Maldon Antique Fair
- March: Town-wide garage sale
- April (Easter Sunday) - Bendigo Region Winemakers Festival held at Castlemaine Botanical Gardens
- April (Easter Monday): Maldon Easter Parade
- June 7-8: Castlemaine Jazz Festival
- June 8: 1st Maldon Swap Meet
- July: Christmas in July
- October 18 & 19: 85th Mount Tarrengower historic hill climb
- November 1-9: Castlemaine & District Festival of Gardens
- November 1-4: Maldon Folk Festival
- November 1: Maldon Primary School Market & Fair
- November 27: Maldon Shopping Spree - 5.15pm-8.15pm
- December 20: Carols by Candlelight in the Shire Gardens. 7pm