Any booking made with Daylesford Cottage Directory (DCD) is conditional to the Guest having fully read and understood the following Terms & Conditions.
Please note that Daylesford Cottage Directory has a NO REFUND policy and the following Cancellation Fees apply:
For properties that sleep 2 to 7 guests:
- Cancellation of a booking more than 30 days prior to date of arrival will incur a Fee of 15% of the Total Tariff.
- Cancellation of a booking 30 days to 8 days prior to date of arrival will incur a Fee of 50% of the Total Tariff.
- Cancellation of a booking 7 days or less prior to date of arrival will incur a Fee of 80% of the Total Tariff.
For properties that sleep 8 guests or more:
- Cancellation of bookings 60 days or less prior to date of arrival will incur a Fee of 80% of the Total Tariff.
Amendments to Existing Bookings
Amendments and changes to dates of arrival or departure in bookings are at the sole discretion of Daylesford Cottage Directory. In instances where amendments or changes to dates of arrival or departure in bookings are agreed to by Daylesford Cottage Directory, a $50 Administrative Fee will apply.
Travel insurance is recommended for medical and cancellation coverage.
- The name of the person on the original booking form remains the sole contact and is responsible for all communications with Daylesford Cottage Directory.
- A Guest Registration Form must be completed at or before check-in by the person who made the booking confirming agreement to allow the debiting of their credit card. As part of this registration, Guests are agreeing to allow Daylesford Cottage Directory to debit the credit card given for the cost of any breaches of the Terms & Conditions outlined in this document.
- In instances where the person collecting the keys to a property is not the person on the original booking form, the person who collects the keys must provide a credit card to be sighted and recorded on the Guest Registration Form. The person collecting the keys must also sign the Guest Registration Form agreeing to allow the debiting of their credit card. As part of this registration, the person collecting the keys is agreeing to allow Daylesford Cottage Directory to debit the credit card given for the cost of any breaches of the Terms & Conditions outlined in this document.
- A security bond and current driver’s license can be requested for any booking.
- Properties are individually owned – your deposit and/or payments cannot be transferred from one property to another.
- All bookings must be confirmed with a minimum of 50% deposit upon booking. We are unable to take tentative bookings or “hold” properties on a Guest’s behalf due to our “On Line” Booking System. The balance of your payment must be received at least 14 days before your arrival date or the booking may be cancelled by Daylesford Cottage Directory with no refund of the deposit.
- Payments may be made using Visa, MasterCard, Money Order or direct deposit to “Daylesford Cottage Directory”. Personal cheques will only be accepted if full payment is received as cleared funds at least 14 days before arrival date.
- In the event that Daylesford Cottage Directory agree to accept a cash payment for a property rental without a credit card as security, a $200 cash bond is required. Where this bond payment is made by cash it will be reimbursed to a nominated bank account within 5 working days from departure date.
- Online bookings for arrival on the same day or the next day must be confirmed by telephone during office hours or the booking may not be valid.
- In addition to any Cancellation Fee, there is a minimum Administrative Fee of $50 if you make any changes to a booking.
- Daylesford Cottage Directory has the right to refuse a booking.
- Restaurant reservations, massage and spa services or activities should be booked at least 4 weeks in advance to secure your preferred choice and date. Our consultants will be happy to assist you with organising these bookings.
- Any Vouchers for ‘Extras’, booked on your behalf, are to be collected from the Daylesford Cottage Directory office upon date of your arrival or prior to the date of treatment.
- A minimum $50 Administrative Fee will be applied if, Guests request any changes to ‘Extras’ 7 days or less before date of arrival regardless of the service provider’s Terms and Conditions.
- NO refunds will be given on ’Extras’ cancelled or changed within 7 days of date of the ‘Extra’.
- All ‘Extras’ must be paid in full at time of booking.
Code Red Fire Days
In the event of a Code Red – Catastrophic Fire Danger Day being declared for our region, Daylesford Cottage Directory will be closed and the following procedures will apply:
- Guests currently in-house will be given the option to vacate the property prior to 5pm the evening before the Code Red Day.
- Guests choosing to vacate the property will be issued with a Credit Voucher for the equivalent balance of their current stay. Credit Vouchers will be issued for the same property only. Re-booking of the balance of your stay will be subject to availability of the property at the time of re-booking.
- Guests due to check-in on the Code Red Day will be called and advised that the accommodation will not be available and that the Daylesford Cottage Directory office will be closed.
- Guests that are advised that their accommodation will not be available will be issued with a Credit Voucher for the equivalent value of their current stay. Credit Vouchers will be issued for the same property only. Re-booking of your stay will be subject to availability of the property at the time of re-booking.
Credit Voucher Policy
In the event of a Cancellation, if the property is re-booked, a Credit Voucher, less a $50 Administration Fee, will be provided under our Terms and Conditions for Cancellations above.
- Credit Vouchers are valid for 12 months and are not redeemable for cash. Credit Vouchers are transferable at the sole discretion of Daylesford Cottage Directory.
- Tariffs are subject to change. Any tariff increase from the date of issue of the Credit Voucher to the date of the new booking must be paid by the Guest.
- Original Credit Vouchers must be presented to Daylesford Cottage Directory upon your arrival.
- Cancellation of accommodation booked using a Credit Voucher is final. No refund or replacement Credit Voucher will be issued.
- Daylesford Cottage Directory reserves the right to substitute the property or service on the original Credit Voucher for a similar priced property or service.
- Credit Vouchers must be redeemed in full on a single booking. No refunds or reimbursement of the un-used value of a Credit Voucher will be given.
Gift Vouchers are available from Daylesford Cottage Directory and are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Gift Vouchers are issued with 12 month validity. A 3 month extension may be granted at the sole discretion of Daylesford Cottage Directory, and, if granted, will incur a $50 Administrative Fee.
- Daylesford Cottage Directory will not re-issue a Gift Voucher in the event that a Gift Voucher is lost or stolen.
- Gift Vouchers must include an accommodation component equal to or in excess of 75% of the total value of the Gift Voucher and can only be used to book with Daylesford Cottage Directory. Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
- If the Gift Voucher is “property specific” and the property incurs a tariff increase between the date of purchase and the date of redemption of the Gift Voucher, the Guest is liable to pay the tariff difference. Gift Vouchers must be redeemed in full on a single booking. No refunds or reimbursements of the un-used value of a Gift Voucher will be given.
- To ensure the safety of Guests and the sustainability of the property, a maximum number of Guests are insured for each property. Events, parties and gatherings are not permitted on the premises without prior written consent from Daylesford Cottage Directory and may result in your booking being cancelled without refund.
- There is a 2 Night Minimum Stay Policy applied for all weekend and On-Line bookings. Extended Minimum Stays and altered tariffs may be applied during holidays, long weekends and peak periods at the sole discretion of Daylesford Cottage Directory.
- Weekend Nights are Thursday & Friday, Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday. Consecutive nights from Sunday to Thursday are categorised as Midweek.
- Check-in time is 2 PM on the day of your arrival and the property must be vacated and keys returned to our office at 94 Vincent Street, Daylesford by 12 Noon on the day of your departure unless otherwise advised by Daylesford Cottage Directory.
- Keys may be collected at the office of Daylesford Cottage Directory after 3 PM and before 6 PM Monday – Thursday and Saturdays, before 8.30 PM Friday or before 5 PM Sundays and Public Holidays. Please contact Daylesford Cottage Directory by telephone during office hours if you wish to make alternative arrangements for key collection. Please note the Terms & Conditions regarding key collection if the person who made the booking is not collecting the keys.
- Changes to bedding configurations incur a $25 fee per bed should Guests change the original booking request.
- Guests choose their own property. Daylesford Cottage Directory is not responsible if the style of the property does not meet Guest expectations. Please view the accommodation on our website at www.cottagedirectory.com.au prior to booking and call our office if you have any queries about the property.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Daylesford Cottage Directory reserves the right to allocate your booking to a similar room style or relocate you to an alternative property of equivalent style and tariff.
- As all properties are privately owned, Daylesford Cottage Directory is not responsible for the failure of any utilities, essential services and appliances. If the issue cannot be resolved, you may be required to relocate.
- Requests for assistance or maintenance may result in a minimum $50 Call Out Fee where the Guest is at fault.
- Tariffs will apply for any additional Guests staying at the property not included in the original booking request. Please advise Daylesford Cottage Directory and make necessary payment. If additional unpaid Guests are found staying in the property, your booking will be cancelled and you will be asked to vacate the property. NO refund will be given.
- Any additional cleaning incurred will be charged directly to you. Please leave your accommodation tidy.
- Unless alternative arrangements are made, keys must be returned to the Daylesford Cottage Directory office located at 39 Albert Street, Daylesford on your departure. If keys are left at the property, a Collection Fee of up to $50 will apply.
- Daylesford Cottage Directory is not responsible for the security of your belongings and encourages you to ensure your accommodation is secure when not occupied. Please note that only one set of keys will be issued per property.
- Please respect the privacy of our local community and the neighbours. If a Guest’s behaviour or noise level is unreasonable, a warning will be given. Further complaints or choosing to ignore this warning will result in the cancellation of your booking. You will be asked to vacate the property and NO refund will be given.
- All properties are non smoking. Failure to comply with the No Smoking Policy will result in a minimum $200 fine. You may also be liable for the tariffs of any future bookings lost as a result of your non-compliance.
Damaged or Missing Property
Please notify Daylesford Cottage Directory immediately of any loss or damage to the property, including keys. A Key Replacement Fee of $50 will be charged, in addition to any locksmith’s charges, to replace or change locks throughout the property.
In the event that the property is damaged maliciously or beyond normal wear and tear or in the event that item(s) of property belonging to the property owner is/are lost or taken during the duration of your booking, Daylesford Cottage Directory reserves the right to charge repair and/or replacement costs to the person responsible for the booking via credit card details provided at the time of booking or check-in or to withhold the cash bond provided.
In the event that a property is not left in a reasonably clean, neat and tidy state upon departure, the Guest(s) agree(s) to an excess cleaning charge. For example Guests are to ensure that any excess dirt or mud is cleaned from floors; all dishes are to be cleaned and all items are to be put back in their original places; all furniture is to be returned to its original place; spillages are to be cleaned and any serious stains are reported to Daylesford Cottage Directory.
For Pet Friendly properties, all mess/pet hair/excrement and urine, etc. is to be totally cleaned and removed prior to departure. Failure to comply may result in application of an Excess Cleaning Charge to your booking.
Please note that all linen is commercially laundered. Please do not put linen in the washing machine during your stay or prior to your departure.
Daylesford Cottage Directory reserves the right to debit your credit card or to request payment in full for any outstanding charges that apply to your booking. This includes extra cleaning, extra or excessive rubbish removal, additional Guests, extended stays, late check-outs, extra bedrooms occupied, failing to comply with the No Smoking Policy, lost keys, removal of item(s) belonging to the property owner, call-outs, repairs or damage to a property.
It is the responsibility of the Guest to read all Terms & Conditions prior to making a booking.