Please ensure you read and understand the following terms & conditions.
Payment of deposit constitutes acceptance of these terms & conditions which cannot be altered without request made to Alpine Valley Getaways via email or in writing. Please ensure you read all information forwarded with booking confirmation to your nominated email address.
1. Bookings are not considered confirmed until a 50% deposit has been received via : ·
- Direct deposit – Details for bank deposit will be forwarded to guests upon acceptance of booking. ·
- Credit card – Payment is accepted by Visa or Mastercard. Your confirmation will offer a link to click to pay securely on-line. Payments can be made at any time via your 'booking manager' link in your confirmation. We charge no fees to pay this way.
- Cheque – Cheque is only accepted as a payment method if cheque is cleared at least 21 days prior to arrival. Cheque is not an accepted form of payment for finalisation of booking.
Upon receiving or processing of deposit a confirmation will be sent to the issued email address as confirmation of booking & receipt of payment. If this confirmation is not received, it is the responsibility of the guest to inform AVG to ensure confirmation of booking & receipt of payment.
All directions, property inclusions & exclusions and personalised information is contained within the emailed booking confirmations. It is assumed that guests will thoroughly read all information sent to them. AVG takes NO responsibility for guests not reading the information sent and for not being aware of declared exclusions or important information.
2. Deposits are payable within 2 days of booking unless otherwise stipulated in booking confirmation. If guests require amendments to this policy it is their responsibility to contact AVG via email or in writing. Failure to make contact or pay deposit allows AVG the right to re-book the property.
Balance of payment is payable at least 7 days prior to arrival via direct deposit or credit card
3. Cancellation policies are outlined upon acceptance of booking and are :
- We offer a deposit refund (minus booking fee & administration fee as outlined below) if cancellation is made 45 days or more before the booking date.
- If a cancellation is made between 7 - 45 days, you are entitled to transfer your booking to a later date within the next 12 months in an off-peak period. The replacement booking must equate to the same monetary value as the cancelled booking or AVG is entitled to claim 50% of the booking difference per night.
- If a cancellation is made 7 days prior to arrival, all payment is forfeited.
- All bookings which require a refund will incur a $25 administration fee and forfeit of the $16 non-refundable booking fee.
+ If you have booked via a 3rd party booking site such as Stayz.com, Booking.com etc. their cancellation policy will override this. Please ensure you are familiar with the policy you have agreed to at the time of booking.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email to be applied.
4. The number of occupants shall not exceed the agreed number at time of arrival. Any extra guests than agreed upon at time of booking must be declared at least 5 days prior to arrival, and payment must be made accordingly. If the number of guests exceeds agreed numbers AVG reserves the right to gain immediate possession of the property with no refund.
5. Standard check-in time is from 2pm on date of arrival (Some properties are 3pm). Check-out time is 10am on date of departure.
- Late check-out may be arranged subject to availability. AVG reserves the right to cancel late check-outs due to last minute bookings.
- Failure to depart by 10am without prior arrangement of late check-out will incur a fee of $25 per hour.
6. AVG requires the holding of credit card details (if CC details have not been provided prior) as security for damage, excess cleaning costs & extra charges incurred as outlined below. A $500 pre-authorisation will be activated on the morning of arrival and will be deactivated 7 days after departure if no funds are required to be retained for cleaning or damage.
Payment of deposit constitutes agreement that the provided credit card can be used to re-claim costs involved with issues at the booked accommodation -
- Accommodation is to be left in the condition in which it was found in relation to building, asset, grounds & cleanliness. This includes furniture & fittings being returned their original position.
Credit card details will be held and charges will be processed relevant to the incident if : ·
- Building, asset or grounds are damaged and deemed in need of repair or replacement. If guests believe building, asset or grounds to be damaged upon arrival, it is their responsibility to inform AVG immediately to avoid incurring costs related to this damage.
- Extra charges may be incurred if moved furniture is not replaced on departure due to the inclusion of extra staff for OH&S reasons. ·
- Excess cleaning is necessary beyond what would be considered reasonable inclusive of dry cleaning in relation to pet hair, deep cleaning of mattresses & the removal of cigarette smells (all properties are strictly non-smoking).
- Guests fail to depart by 10am on departure date without prior arrangement of late check-out (as outlined in 5).
7. Well behaved pets are permitted only at said ‘pet friendly’ properties and are strictly NOT permitted at any other properties. It is the guest’s responsibility to inform AVG that pets will be in attendance. If guests fail to declare pets, AVG reserves the right to gain immediate possession of the property with no refund. Strict rules apply to all pet friendly properties, these rules apply to dogs - cats are not permitted under any circumstances :
- Pets are not permitted to enter the property unattended, wet or dirty.
- Dogs must NEVER be left inside the accommodation without an owner present - if a dog is left inside unattended instant eviction will apply with no refund. We can assist with arranging a dog sitter if needed.
- Your information will indicate whether the property is fenced or not. Some dogs are crafty houdini's and some jump like Olympian pole vaulters. We cannot guarantee that your dog will not outsmart the boundaries so please use your sensibility when leaving the dog alone.
- Alpine Shire dog policies require a maximum of 2 dogs to be present at any property. Special permits are required to bring 3 or more dogs to any property within the Alpine Shire. 3 dogs or more residing in a property without a permit may be removed by Alpine Shire Rangers.
- Pets are STRICTLY prohibited from using beds or furniture. Bedding or mat & equipment is to be provided by owners. A dry cleaning charge will apply if pet hair needs to be removed from bedding & furniture or is excessive on mats & carpets. Please do not attempt to put a blanket on a bed for your dog, do not allow dogs on furniture under any circumstances.
- Dogs are not to be washed inside the property in baths or showers.
- Please do not wash dog blankets in the properties machine. We are pretty sure the next guests will not appreciate your dogs hair in the cycle with their babies clothes.
- If your dog is a shedder, please use sensibility and keep them off areas where hair will be an issue and please clean up any hair before you leave. Please try at all times to limit your dogs access to carpeted areas whenever possible.
- Owners are responsible for removing any mess in gardens upon vacating the property. Please respect our housekeepers & future guests by cleaning up your dogs mess - no-one else should have to and I'm sure you agree.
- Please ensure your dogs do not claw at fly screens. Any claw holes in screens will require full replacement at the guests expense.
- Failure to comply with regulations could incur additional charges and may result in eviction from the property with no refund
- Some dog friendly properties are fenced, some are unfenced. It is 100% the guest's responsibility to determine whether the property will be suitable for the needs of their particular breed. Some small dogs and dogs that jump/escape may not be secure at any properties, even those considered fully fenced - it is assumed that all dogs travelling with owners will be well behaved and will not attempt to leave the property. Again, the onus of responsibility lies with the owner to enquire about the needs of their dog.
8. It is the guest’s responsibility to determine whether bedding & linen will be supplied with their accommodation based on information contained in the confirmation information. Please allow at least 5 days notice if you would like AVG to provide linen at your property.