The bungalow consists of a generous sized bedroom/sitting room that accommodates 2 guests in a queen size bed. The open-plan space also has its own bathroom and kitchen/dining. You will also appreciate the split system that keeps the bungalow cozy in Winter and cool in the Summer.
After a day of exploring, relax in the afternoon sun on your own private balcony that overlooks the garden. You will also have use of our complimentary cable Wi-Fi and Netflix.
If you decide to eat in, the kitchen has all of the appliances (apart from an oven), crockery, utensils etc to prepare a meal.
On request, you may also use our laundry facilities that are located in the main house.
Things to do:
The Dandenong Ranges
- Puffing Billy steam train
- Bush walks
- Shops and Galleries in Olinda, Belgrave and Sassafras
- SkyHigh atop Mount Dandenong
- Wineries – some of Australia's top wineries are located in the Yarra Valley. There are over 40 cellar doors to visit.
- World class food and wine
- Craft breweries
- Markets and festivals throughout the year
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Wineries e.g. Domaine, Chandon and Rochford Wines
- Arts and Craft stores
- Easy access to the Melbourne CBD via Eastlink/Eastern Freeway. Approximately a 30 minute drive. Or take the train, which is less than a 5 minute drive from home. An express train will take approximately 40 minutes.
The Eastern Freeway (toll pass required for parts of the freeway) is 5 minutes up the road. One direction will take you directly into the city while heading the other way will take you towards a number of Melbourne's top coastal destinations Sorrento, Phillip Island and Portsea (great day trip locations) as well as the Mornington Peninsula.
Access to the Bungalow is through a locked gate.
A parking space on the side of our driveway can be used during your stay.
You are also welcome to use our BBQ on the main deck.
Interaction with Guests
Craig and I live on the premises with our toddler, Claire and a Shihtzu Maltese called Oscar.
Since we live on the premises, we will meet you on arrival. During your stay we are more than happy to help with directions or any questions you may have.
We are a 5 minute drive from Westfield Knox and a 10 minute drive to the newly redeveloped and extended Eastland shopping centre in Ringwood. We are also a few back streets away from the Bayswater train station and shopping centre (which also has a an Aldi and Coles Supermarket).
We recommend that you have a car to allow you to explore surrounding attractions.
There is a bus stop at the end of our street where you can catch a bus (737) that will take you to Boronia Railway Station. Or, its a 5 minute drive to Bayswater Station.