The Foxhole is approximately 35 mins from Hobart CBD.
1. From the City, head South by following signs for Kingston/Huonville / A6 for 9.2 km.
2. Slight right onto Southern Outlet / A6
3. Slight right onto Kingston Bypass
4. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Channel Hwy / B68.
5.Continue for approx 22 km
You will arrive into Woodbridge, pass Peppermint Bay on the left and a little further on, you will come to the small village shop.
6.Turn right at the shop onto Cygnet Road.
7.Drive 150m, then take the 1st left into Granquist Road and immediately on your right you will see a large grey weatherboard building (The Old Woodbridge School). The Foxhole is situated behind this building and may be accessed by taking the 1st driveway after the The Old Woodbridge School driveway.
Additional Information :
The Fox Hole makes a great base to explore the D'entrecasteaux Channel, Bruny Island and neighbouring Huon Valley. The local post office, village shop, pub (Peppermint Bay) and great coffee are all only a 2 minute stroll away.
- Peppermint Bay - Award winning and world class dining venue ; 2 mins Walk
- Grandvewe Cheesery ; 5 mins Drive
- Bruny Island Ferry Terminal ; 5 minutes Drive
- Get Shucked Oysters ; Bruny Island
- Bruny Island Cheese ; Bruny Island
- Bruny Island Eco Wilderness Cruises - Award Wining ; Bruny Island
- Pepperberries - Cafe and Farm Walks ; 5 mins Drive
- Hartzview Vineyard & Wine Centre ; 10 mins Drive
- Willie Smith Organic Apple Cider & Museum ; 35 mins Drive
- Home Hill Wines & Restaurant ; 35 mins Drive
- Tahune Airwalk ; 1.5 hours Drive
HOBART ATTRACTIONS :
- Mona ; World Class Museum of Old and New Art
- Salamanca Market
General Information :
Please feel free to wander into the orchard and pick any ripe fruit or chat with the chooks..!!
While we like to respect your privacy during your stay, we are happy to pop up with extra provisions if needed.
Woodbridge is a pretty little village and great neighbourhood to stroll around to enjoy the rural aspects and the foreshore. Pop into the post office for all the local 'goings on' or down to Peppermint Bay for a coffee, lunch or afternoon drinks.
There is ample parking in Woodbridge. There are buses that run conveniently between the Woodbridge Shop and Hobart, stopping along the way.
There is an information book in The Fox Hole with some house hold instructions eg TV / DVD player.