Terms and Conditions of Top House Holiday Accommodation
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means Top House self-contained accommodation and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 2 pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10 am on departure date.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges will apply.
• You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 5 days before arrival.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as follows: An access code will be provided to you 7 days before your arrival and on payment of the balance in full unless special arrangements have been made prior to arrival. All keys must be returned to the locked box on the verandah on departure.
4. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• At the time of booking a deposit of 20% of the total amount is payable
• If you wish to vary or cancel the Booking, please contact us immediately.
• Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
• If you cancel the booking within 3 days of arrival and the full amount has been paid there is no refund.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of guests will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those guests
• An administration charge of $50 will be charged for any variation or cancellation.
• If Management is able to relet the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made less administration charges, commissions and expenses.
• We have a minimum nights stay policy of 2 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Further linen may be hired through Management. Beach towels are not included.
• Cleaning and linen change usually occurs weekly or more often upon request and at additional cost.
• Pets are not allowed at the Property
11. WOOD HEATER, FIRE SAFETY and KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE (http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/Show?pageId=colCfs2013KeepingChildrenSafe)
• Teach your children that fire is a tool for adults to use, not a toy.
• Don't let your children use fire - helping with lighting the wood heater encourages children to think that they can control fire.
• Teach your children facts about fire safety and the consequences of fire.
• Supervise your children at all times around fire. Don’t allow children access to matches. Remove the temptation, keep matches and lighters out of sight and reach - just like you lock away medicines and other dangerous household substances.
• It is not safe to use the wood heater for cooking
• Don't place clothing too close to the wood heater - it should be at least two metres (six feet) from any source of heat.
• Never leave clothes near the wood heater if leaving the house or going to bed.
• Check clothing regularly if drying near a heater.
• Use the fire screen at all times with the wood heater.
• Don't sit too close to the wood heater.
• Don't leave the wood heater door open or remove the screen.
• Be careful with the disposal of ashes from the hearth or wood heater. Ashes can take up to five days to cool. Always place ashes in a metal container. Dispose of ashes well clear of your home and pour water over them.
12. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• A refundable damage deposit of $300 is due 7 days before arrival and is refunded within 7 days of departure after inspection of the property.
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any other guests stay extra charges of $30 per person will apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all rubbish is to be put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked.
All keys must be returned to the locked box on the verandah.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $20.
• Smoking is not permitted in the Property
13. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst stay