Let us provide you with a warm and comfortable base from which to explore our beautiful little fishing village, Strahan, and the wonderfully wild West Coast of Tasmania.
We have eight self contained holiday units in two convenient locations. They are each a short walk from Strahan’s main street, activity departure points, and major attractions. You can leave your car or bike in the free covered parking at your door while you walk the 650m. to the centre of Strahan.
Each unit is more like a house than a motel unit, and is well equipped to make your stay comfortable.
At the Esplanade site we have one 3 bedroom house, three two bedroom apartments and two studios. Units 1 to 6.
At Innes St, there are two units. One is a Studio designed for wheelchair access, Unit “King”, and the other is a two bedroom apartment, Unit “Kelly”. The garage is joined to your apartments by a covered walkway.
We also own “West Coast Yacht Charters” with the yacht “Stormbreaker”, so you can enjoy our 2 1/2 hour Lunch, Kayak and Fishing Cruise on Macquarie Harbour as well as overnight cruises to sleep on the famous Gordon River.
Relax on your own deck with the view of the harbour or wilderness to enjoy the melody of the many birds in our beautiful garden settings.
Reception is at 59 The Esplanade. Please check in during office hours if possible, so that we can greet you, give you directions, and show you many of the activities to do in town which will make your stay enjoyable and memorable.
* Eight fully self-contained, holiday units. Architect/Owner built and operated.
* Two locations in Strahan, 11 Innes Street and 59 The Esplanade.
* Each within five minutes walk to activity booking centres, departure points for cruises, restaurants, and take-aways which are in the heart of Strahan.
*Harbour or wilderness views from each unit and from the covered decks:
* Undercover outdoor furniture.
* The units are ground level. - At Innes Street there are no stairs between the UNDERCOVER PARKING and the front door. - At The Esplanade, there are two steps between the undercover parking and the front door.
* Visit www.thecraysaccommodation.com for map and virtual tours.
** We endeavour to help our ENVIRONMENT by providing worm farm buckets for food scraps; providing recycle bins in your unit; making good use of vinegar and methylated spirits when possible for cleaning; reminding guests to turn off lighting and heating when not needed; and we have installed a RAINWATER TANK at The Esplanade for your delight! Strahan's drinking water is good too.
* Our lawns are lush, and the clean air is invigorating.