Glenaire Apartments - Glenaire Unit
Holiday apartment in Strahan
Glenaire Unit has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms have a queen bed and the other has single beds. This unit can sleep up to six people. This unit is very new. The Glenaire Unit was named after one of our fishing vessels
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
Glenaire Unit has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Two of the bedrooms have a queen bed and the other has single beds. This unit can sleep up to six people.
This unit is very new. The Glenaire Unit was named after one of our fishing vessels.
- $30 for each extra adult
- $20 for each extra child
Includes: Bedding, Linen, Washing Machine, Clothes airier, Cooking facilities, Microwave, Refrigerator, Iron, Electric Blankets, Clothes Line, CD Player, Television, Stereo, Clock Radio.
Fully self contained holiday unit accommodation in Strahan, Tasmania. Glenaire Apartments are the ideal place for families or couples travelling together to relax and enjoy you visit to Strahan Tasmania, and all of the wonderful attractions of the west Coast.
Glenaire Apartments accommodation offers 3 fully self contained apartments, with under cover parking, laundry facilities, lounge / kitchen, electric heating and all of those little extras that make your stay comfortable at an affordable price.
Close to Gordon River cruise boats and 5 minutes to the Wilderness Railway Station, Strahan village and foreshore, local 9 hole golf course, tennis courts, and safe local swimming beach.
We look forward to welcoming you to Glenaire Apartments fully self contained accommodation....
Locally owned and operated, your hosts Wayne and Michelle. A Tasmanian experience always remembered
Located in Meredith and Pontifex Street Strahan, Glenaire Apartments are the ideal place for families or couples travelling together to relax and enjoy you visit to Strahan Tasmania, and all of the wonderful attractions of the west Coast. Close to local 9 hole golf course, tennis courts, safe local swimming beach, 3 minutes drive to the Gordon River cruise boats and 5 minutes to the Abt Wilderness Railway Station
Tours from Strahan
World Heritage Cruises
- Daily cruises from Strahan into the Gordon River World Heritage Wilderness and Macquarie Harbour
- Cruise visits: Hells Gates, Salmon & trout fish farms, Sarah Island (Australia's oldest penal colony), Gordon River, Heritage Landing Rainforest walk, Huon Pine Sawmill.
- Glenaire Apartmnents can also take your World Heritage Bookings. www.worldheritagecruises.com.au
Wild River Jet
- Join Wild River Jet for an exhilarating 50 minute trip through the magnificant rain-forested gorges of the West Coasts amazing King River.
Strahan Seaplanes and Helicopters
- Depart Strahan town by Seaplane for a scenic flight to the Franklin & Gordon Rivers.
- A featured highlight of this tour is a landing on the world renowned Gordon River.
- Other attractions on this exciting tour include panoramic views of Hells Gates and Sarah Island.
- The West Coast Wilderness Railway creeps through the rainforest.
- There has been no great parting of the ways to allow it to pass, in fact the grandfatherly myrtles, wattles and pines and the far more sprightly man-size ferns seem scarcely inconvenienced.
Harley Davidson Tours
- Harley Davidson Tours now operating in Strahan!
- ¼ hour - $30.00 ½hour - $60.00 1 hour - $100
- Extended tours also available
- Allan and his Harley are currently based on the basketball court between the Visitor Centre and Strahan Woodworks
- Call Allan on 0400 889 277
Gordon River Cruises
- Gordon River Cruises based in Strahan takes visitors into the well-known Tasmanian World Heritage Area.
- On the purpose-built Lady "Jane Franklin II", the voyage crosses Macquarie Harbour to pass through Hell’s Gate, the narrow entrance into the Southern Ocean.
Attractions in Strahan
Strahan Visitor Centre
- Architects, writers, woodturners, gardeners and historians contributed their talents to the acclaimed exhibition West Coast Reflections at the Strahan Visitor Centre.
- Also preformed daily at the Strahan Visitor Centre "The Ship That Never Was" The dramatic and hilarious true story of the last great escape from Sarah Island.
- Take a stroll along the Strahan Foreshore and expirience the most picturesque town in Tasmania
- One of the 60 Great Short Walks series, this walk starts at the top of Peoples Park, in Strahan, and is a gentle, meandering stroll through sweet-smelling bush to a delightful waterfall.
- For extra enjoyment, leave the car in the town centre and take the foreshore walking track to and from the park, located on The Esplanade.
Attractions close to Strahan
- Along the boardwalk to Nelson Falls you will come across interpretation panels highlighting the ancient plants you see along the way, including at least seven species of fern.
- Located on the Lyell Highway (A10) between Queenstown and Derwent Bridge
- Maquarie Heads and Hell's Gates is the name of the mouth of Macquarie Harbour on the West Coast of Tasmania. It is a notoriously shallow and dangerous channel entrance to the harbour.
- The actual channel is between Cape Sorell, Tasmania on the west and Entrance Island on the east (the main length of the harbour runs southeast of Hell's Gates).
Henty Dunes and Heads
- 10 minutes drive north of Strahan on the Zeehan road are the Henty Dunes. A vast expanse of sand dunes extending several kilometres inland.
- Perfect place to experience sand surfing and 4 wheeler motorbike guided tours.
- Ocean Beach is a long stretch of beach running north of Macquarie Heads and Hells Gates on the West Coast of Tasmania.
- It is close to Strahan and parallel to the Strahan Airport runway.
- It extends as far north as Trial harbour and the coast immediately west of Zeehan.
- Here is your opportunity to explore the unspoiled wilderness.
- 4 Wheeler Tours depart from the Henty Sand Dunes picnic area, just 10 minutes from the centre of Strahan along the B27 highway to Zeehan.
- The Henty Sand Dunes are the largest moving dune system in Tasmania.
- Open daily except Christmas Day and Good Friday from 9am. to 5pm.
- There are 14 galleries in this interesting museum in the heart of Zeehan.
- Topics cover local history and mining in and around Zeehan