Sandy Bay Chalet is a unique boutique accommodation and a haven for all pampered, loved, spoilt dogs and their loving owners.
The Chalet is based in Sandy Bay, close to dog friendly beaches (off leash and on leash). Sandy Bay Chalet is nestled in our beautiful grounds of 70 Waimea Avenue, Sandy Bay, Hobart. The Chalet has its own beautiful, fully enclosed yard. We live on the premises and are here to welcome our guests and make your stay more enjoyable. If you need anything, then feel free to ask us.
There is a large open plan dining area, and an stylish galley kitchen, featuring
- Combined microwave/convection oven/grill
- Bench top induction cooker
- 5-in-1- Multi Cooker – combined slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, soups/sauté
- Kettle, toaster, and various cooking utensils
- A small fridge, but if more goods need to be kept frozen, we are happy to keep it in our deep freezer.
- We provide tea, coffee, sugar and milk for your convenience. We are a self-contained accommodation, not a bed and breakfast, so we recommend a trip to the famous Lipscombe Larder.
The bedroom oozes luxury with a romantic, super king size four-poster bed with luxury linen. Whilst relaxing in your bed lay back and enjoy the amazing views of Mount Wellington. Adjoining the bedroom is a large ensuite bathroom, with heated towel rail. Ironing facilities are provided, but there is no washing machine or dryer. A clothes horse can be provided for drying wet clothes if required. The following optional extras can be provided at no extra charge but need to be requested in advance at the time of making a booking
- High Chair
- Fold-up single sleeper bed for small children
The large open plan living area, opens out into a very secure private yard. Sandy Bay Chalet also has a reverse cycle air conditioning system for those cool wintry nights or warm summer evenings. There is a flat screen television, DVD and stereo for your enjoyment.
Secure Outdoor Entertainment Area:
Sandy Bay Chalet opens out onto a private, very secure backyard and patio area for you to enjoy. You can sit out on the patio, have a wine, whilst enjoying the views of Mount Wellington. A Weber Baby Q is available for cooking the great local produce. Your dog will enjoy having a safe haven to play in.
Activities at Sandy Bay Chalet:
- Boules (Petanque) in our front garden
- Access to a tennis court at the back of the property. Racquets and balls can be provided. The tennis court is used by locals and can be used if they are free.
- Personal trainers can be arranged prior to coming. Personal training for both land and water
- Access to other natural health practitioners
- A baby sitting service (Ashi and Mike are both police checked)
- A doggy day care service – please phone us to discuss this if required
- If guests would like to have a relaxing massage, we can arrange to have a masseuse come to the clinic.
- Our Chalet has artwork by ARWEN DYER available for sale. please visit her website to view her full range of artwork for sale. We believe in promoting and supporting local Tasmanian providers and artisans and working closely with other tourist Tasmanian businesses.
Pet friendly: Dog cleaning fee is an additional $75.00