“River Point House” and “Tamar Boat House”
Terms & Conditions
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means [add your name and address of your property] and all its fixtures, fittings and
“River Point House” and “Tamar Boat House” and “River Point Tasmania” are all one and the same for the
purposes of these Terms and Conditions and reference to one is reference to, and including all.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• River Point House Check‐in time 3pm – Check‐out time 10am. Tamar Boat House Check‐in time 2pm –
Check‐out time 11am
• Late departure/early arrival may be negotiated with management – dependent upon bookings.
• Key collection/return procedure will be provided by email prior to arrival.
We accept payment by the following methods:
Visa, MasterCard, direct deposit into our bank account, bank cheque or money order.
OPTION A) Credit Card
• A deposit of 50% (minimum), must be received to confirm a booking. Bookings are not confirmed unless
and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than 14 days prior to your arrival.
• A credit card surcharge of 2% will be levied to cover transaction costs associated with credit card
• Only Visa and MasterCard credit cards will be accepted
OPTION B) Direct Deposit
• Bank deposit details: Account Name ‐ River Point Tasmania, BSB 124‐001, and Account number
• A deposit of 50% (minimum), must be received to confirm a booking. Bookings are not confirmed
unless, and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than 21 days prior to your arrival.
• A valid Credit Card must be supplied otherwise an additional $500 security bond will be required to
cover insurance excesses for damage and/or theft.
• Direct Deposits can take up to 3 days to show in our bank so you must notify us in writing and provide
the payment summary to ensure your booking is confirmed.
REGARDLESS OF PAYMENT OPTION CHOSEN
• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled
automatically without notice or liability to you.
• Personal cheques or Cash payments are not accepted.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact Management immediately
• If a cancellation is made more than forty five (45) days prior to your booking dates, there is a $100
booking fee incurred – the balance will be returned to you.
• If however the cancellation is made less than forty five (45) days prior to the booked date you will
forfeit the full deposit/full fee, based on cancellation date and amount paid.
• Your booking may be transferred to a later available date, without incurring any monetary penalty
excluding the booking fee, but this must be changed forty five (45) days or more prior to the first
night of your original booking.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a
cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of guests will be treated as a cancellation of
the Booking in respect of those guests
• An administration charge of $100 will be charged for any variation or cancellation.
• If Management is able to relet the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made
less administration charges, commissions and expenses
• We have a minimum night’s stay policy of 2 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the
extent that it breaches our minimum night’s stay policy.
6. SECURITY BOND
• A credit card authorisation must be provided to Management upon confirmation of your Booking
• Any damage loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms &
Conditions will be charged against the credit card. Examples include but are not limited to any
breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra Guests or Visitors beyond those declared.
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire,
storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain
suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be
refunded in full.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Parties and functions require prior approval at the time of Booking and special conditions will
apply including extra charges, guests remain responsible for persons attending, no disturbance of
neighbours, no undue noise, silence when entering and leaving the premises, no behaviour likely to
cause damage to property or offence or embarrassment to others, all noise to cease by 9pm. Noise
carries across the water with great ease, and loud/boisterous conversation can travel hundreds of
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and
extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and towels which must be left where supplied in the bedrooms
or bath room on departure. Further linen is available at the house. Beach towels are included.
• Only dogs are allowed at the Property and at the discretion of management. Permission must be
sought prior to booking. Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets outside the
property. Dogs are not allowed in the house at any time. Any evidence of pets in the house will
incur extra cleaning fees including full steam cleaning of carpets.
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules provided with these Terms and Conditions (also
displayed at the house), and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property
concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during
your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or
replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any
other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in
termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council
rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left
in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine,
dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more
than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and
above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond or charged to your
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All
keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys and alarm fobs.
Loss of keys and alarm fob will require replacement at an additional charge of $150.
• Smoking is not permitted in the house or within 10 metres of any doorway or open window.
12. WATER AND SEWERAGE
• River Point is supplied with town water to both houses. The water inside the buildings is clean and
perfectly safe for drinking. The gardens are watered via tank water and dam water. It is advised not
to drink water from the garden taps.
• River Point has an onsite Septic Tank system. Please use the sanitary bags and bins provided to
dispose of sanitary napkins, condoms etc. The flushing of these items into the toilet will block the
system and additional plumbing costs may be passed back to you.
13. TAMAR BOAT HOUSE – RIVER POINT HOUSE
River Point House and Tamar Boat House are 2 separate accommodation blocks on the one property
managed by River Point Tasmania. Both houses share the main driveway into the property but are
• River Point House guests are not permitted to enter the land area reserved for the Boat House.
This area is fenced and signposted.
• River Point House is the main residence on the property. Boat House guests are not permitted to
use the main grounds outside of the fenced Boat House whilst guests are staying in the main house.
Guests of both houses should be mindful of excessive noise. Due to the amphitheatre type terrain,
noise carries very easily around the water’s edge to neighbouring properties. Please be mindful of
the peace and privacy of your neighbours at this, and adjoining properties.
Access to River Point House is provided by way of normal lock and key. There is an alarm on
premises with a remote control fob. The fob allows you to arm or disarm the alarm by simply
pressing the relevant button.
It is your responsibility and that of other members of your group to ensure that the premises is
locked and secured whilst you are away from the property.
Please ensure that this alarm fob is not lost or damaged. Should either of these occur you will be
liable for replacement cost ($150) and temporarily inconvenienced whilst a caretaker brings another
fob to the site for you.
Access to Tamar Boat House is via key code security lock – the code is changed after every guest and
you will be provided with the access code as part of your arrival information kit.
15. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity
so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You
must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior
to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem
or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
16. TRAVEL INSURANCE
• We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for
any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.
• You indemnify and hold harmless River Point Tasmania for any loss you may incur as a result of
your breach of the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
• River Point Tasmania accepts no liability whatsoever, whether implied or otherwise and you agree
to hold harmless, absolve and indemnify River Point Tasmania from any responsibility, liability,
damages, claims or expenses at all (including but not limited to legal costs), arising from any loss or
injury suffered by you or any person in your travelling party, as a result of your use of the property.
• Should any clause or part thereof of these Terms and Conditions be found to be void,
unenforceable or invalid, then it is severed from this agreement, leaving the remainder in full force
and effect, provided that the severance has not altered the basic nature of this agreement.