The Smelters Heritage Accommodation at Wallaroo is a self-contained unique combination of spacious living, history and seaside holiday fun. Formerly the Wallaroo Smelters office then Seafarers recreation and residence, it is ideally located, opposite Office Beach and the ferry terminal near the Caravan Park and a 2 minute walk to coffee shops, restaurants or the main shopping precinct. The main Wallaroo jetty and white sand are just a few minutes’ walk. Historians will love the artifacts and historic books in the library.
The property boasts 5 bedrooms 3 bathrooms, two fully equipped kitchens, multiple dining options, reading room and lounges. Relax on the front veranda and watch the grain ships come and go. Ideal for families, couples and corporates. A stay to remember.
- 5 bedrooms – Queen with double sofa bed, queen, queen, double, double (sleeps 10-12). All beds have electric blankets.
- All bedding, linen and towels are provided (BYO beach towels)
- 3 bathrooms (including 1 bath, 3 showers, 4 toilets) (one spacious shower suitable for shower chair)
- Ceiling fans and portable heating in all rooms
- 2 designated separate lounge areas
- Reading room/library containing historic books
- 5 televisions (3 with USB ports)
- CD player and radio
- High chair
- 2 fully equipped kitchens with 1 electric stove, 2 electric frypans and 2 microwaves
- 4 fridge/freezers
- 2 top load washing machines
- Fish cleaning facility at boat ramp – approximately 500 metres away
- Off street parking for 8 vehicles
- Walk to restaurants, shops, jetties, boat ramp, pubs and main street
- Free sheltered electric BBQ area over the road (approx. 50 metres)
- No pets
- NOTE: Not suitable for young children due to town drain, fencing, underground cellar, antiques
- Chinmeys are closed - NO fires