- All cancellations incur loss of deposit
- If cancellation made within 28 days of arrival ~ loss of 100% of the total booking price
Refundable Damage Deposits Policy
THE SANDCASTLE HOLIDAY BOOKING AGREEMENT This HOLIDAY BOOKING AGREEMENT outlines the conditions of your stay at The Sandcastle. The details of that stay are set out in the letter accompanying this agreement. It is an agreement between the those making the holiday booking and the owners of The Sandcastle . By signing this agreement you agree to be bound by the terms set out in this document.
1. Tariff Off season (3 days minimum): $350 per day School holidays, February and long weekends outside high season (3 days minimum): $450per day Easter (4 days) $2500 High season (1 Nov to 31 Jan inclusive): $450 per day Each rental must be for at least three days. If a weekend booking, it will be charged for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The maximum number of persons allowed is 12. Please do not exceed these numbers. If you do, you will have to vacate the premises with no refund.
2. Bond A $500 bond to cover breakages, excessive soiling and damage beyond normal wear and tear is payable, together with the balance of the rental fee (and any additional charges), prior to commencement of the holiday booking period. You agree that we may use the bond to pay (in part or in full) for any damage or breakage or fees for extra cleaning or garbage removal sustained during your rental period.
3. Payment of Deposit and Rent A security deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking as a pre-condition of the bookings being placed. The bond and full rental are to be paid at least 7 days prior to occupancy. If the bond and full amount of rental are not received prior to occupancy, occupation will not be permitted. We reserve the right to cancel the booking, retain monies paid, and re-let the property. 4. Cancellation If you cancel your booking: 30 or more days prior to the rental period, you will receive a full refund of the deposit less a $20 admin charge. 29 to 14 days prior to the rental period, you will receive a refund of 50% of deposit. Less than 14 days prior to the rental period, you will forfeit the deposit. If we manage to rebook the property with another person for the full period of the cancelled booking, there will be a full refund of the bond and deposit. The cancellation fees do not apply if you reschedule your booking for a later date.
5. Prior to arrival In the week before you are due to commence your stay and once all rental and bond amounts have been paid, we will send to you: The welcome instructions and a personal code for operating the alarm, which will also allow you access to the house (no key required!). Instructions on how to use the code are in the welcome instructions. Once you receive the Welcome instructions, by proceeding with the rental, you agree to abide and be bound by the requirements set out in those welcome instructions and that they are incorporated as terms of this contract as and from the time you receive them. The alarm and door code will only be operative during the period of rental. If for some reason these items have not got to you before you are due to commence your stay, please ring us, because you definitely need them!
6. Check in time Check in time is 4 p.m or such earlier time as you may arrange with us.
7. Check out time Check out time is 10 a.m., or such later time as you may arrange with us so long as there are no new guests arriving that day.
8. Breakages Please report all breakages and damage to The Sandcastle at the time of checking out. The bond is payable to cover breakages, but it would be far nicer to hear about it from you instead of finding it ourselves. You agree to pay for all replacement of broken or damaged items. Payment for replacement of broken items will be taken out of your bond and, if the cost exceeds that amount, you will be required to pay the difference. If the bond is not sufficient to cover the replacement cost, you agree to pay, on demand, the balance owing to cover the replacement cost.
9. Putting out Bins As you will see in your welcome instructions, you are required to put out the bins (the general rubbish green bin and, every second week, the recycle bin) in time for them to b emptied in the early morning of the Monday of each week. If you fail to do this such that the bins are left full and not emptied on the Monday, you will be charged a $50 dumping fee. This charge has been necessitated due to the large number of rentals where the bins have not been put out.
10. Indemnity You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified in respect of (1) all claims made against us relating to losses, costs and expenses incurred, damage done or injury suffered as a result of your stay and (2) all damage, losses, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by us as a result of your stay.
11. Children All children must be under adult supervision at all times, especially on the balcony area.
12. Smoking There is no smoking inside the house.
13. Pets Pets are not permitted.
14. Noise and behaviour The Property is not a party house and any such activities are strictly prohibited. Any gathering, celebration or entertainment permitted at the Property must not conflict with residential amenity and must comply with all requirements under this agreement. You and any Visitors must: Respect the residential amenity and security of the Property and neighbours; Refrain from anti-social behaviour; Comply with any instructions from us or security services during your stay; Notify us of any disputes or complaints as soon as is practicable; Not create noise which is offensive to neighbours especially between 10pm- 8am and during arrival and departure at any time throughout the occupancy; Abide by any noise abatement conditions, standards and orders issued by police or any regulatory authority to minimise impacts upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community. You must control and be responsible for Visitors and ensure that Visitors comply with the obligations in this agreement and the Welcome instructions. Any breaches of this agreement by anyone occupying The Sandcastle during your stay will be a breach by you, for which you are fully responsible under the terms of this agreement. Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in: i. termination of permission to occupy the Property; ii. eviction; iii. loss of rental paid; and iv. extra charges which may be deducted from the Security Deposit or Bond.
15. Cleanliness We expect The Sandcastle to be left in as clean and tidy a state as you found it. Please wash the dishes prior to your departure. A broom, vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket are in the laundry cupboard for your use. Please return after use. If excess cleaning is required you will be billed at $27/hour and deducted from your bond. A standard cleaning fee of $190 is charged in addition to the rental amount.
16. Linen You must bring your own linen, bath and beach towels, hand towels and tea towels. Otherwise you can arrange with us to have linen and bath towels provided - $20 per person.
17. Lost Property Please ensure that all personal items and food are removed from the premises on departure. The Sandcastle cannot accept responsibility for any items left behind.
18. Mobile Phones Mobile Phones do work at The Sandcastle depending on network and conditions. The house phone is not to be used for outgoing calls. All calls found made from the house phone during your occupancy will be charged at 50c per local call and 50c per minute for STD and mobile calls.
19. Furniture Any furniture provided at The Sandcastle is not to be removed from the premises.
20. Breach etc We reserve the right to expel any person for any breach of this agreement, without notice and without refund. You agree that this holiday booking agreement is not a residential tenancy agreement under the residential tenancy legislation and grants only a limited permission to occupy The Sandcastle for holiday purposes. In any disputes, the law of South Australia is to govern the dispute, this contract and your holiday booking and stay. You agree that any actions or disputes will be litigated in South Australian courts and that no action will be taken in any court outside of South Australia. I agree to be bound by the above as the terms of my occupancy of The Sandcastle. Signed:
Signed as occupier and for and on behalf of all other persons staying at The Sandcastle for the duration of the holiday booking.