Happyshack Terms and Conditions
Payment and Cancellation Booking Policy
1. Online Reservation: All Reservation requests are subject to confirmation. Children are welcome. Your Reservation will normally be processed within 24 hours once we have confirmed receiving it. The Reservation is a booking enquiry only and you will be notified by us once your application has been accepted. Confirmation of your booking will only be given by us once we receive your booking deposit.
2. Minimum Night Bookings: Two consecutive night bookings are required (Low and Shoulder Season only) unless you book a Public Holiday Weekend and then three or four night consecutive night bookings are required as specified, chargeable at Shoulder Season weekend rates. A seven night minimum stay applies at all Happyshack properties from 16th December to 31st January for all bookings, unless otherwise specified.
3. Booking Deposit and Balance: A booking deposit is due and payable immediately upon acceptance by us of your reservation to confirm your booking. The initial booking deposit t will be charged to the credit card provided (Visa and Mastercard only). The booking balance of the remaining must be paid at least 14 days prior to your arrival date. If you book within two weeks of your arrival the total balance i.e. 100% is immediately due. The booking deposit is non-refundable.
4. Payment Terms: Until your booking deposit is received by us your booking is not confirmed. You will not be granted access to the property until your booking balance has been received by us. We only accept Visa or Mastercard or Direct Deposit as agreed. All credit card transactions for the booking balance (less the deposit already paid) will incur a bank merchant fee of 2.5% for Australian credit cards and 3.0% for International credit cards. You must only provide credit card details for which you are authorised to use.
5. Security: Your nominated credit card used for the payment of deposit will be held as security for your booking. This will be used to cover incidental items such as (but not limited to): Any breakages or damage at or to the Property incurred during your stay; any excessive cleaning charges, above the normal level of cleaning, due to the Property being left in an unacceptable state; or, recovery of payment for any other additional services required to be performed to bring the Property back to the state and condition it was in prior to your entry into the property. We will inform you of any incidental costs as soon as We are aware of any and supply You with a tax invoice for any costs withheld from your credit card where necessary. Where the card credit is insufficient to cover the total of any such incidental costs, You will be liable for these additional costs and agree to pay us the additional balance as soon as practical after being advised of such costs. Failure to pay will incur further charges and your debt will be referred to our debt collection agent. We reserve the right to hold an additional $1000 bond and request a reference to any booking prior to arrival. This will always be discussed with our guests prior to the acceptance of the booking.
6. Cancellations: Once your booking has been confirmed and your deposit paid your deposit is non-refundable. If the booking is cancelled in writing more than 30 days from the date of commencement of your arrival, you will be released from the liability for the full balance of hire. (Credit card merchant fees are non-refundable.) Should you need to cancel the booking less than 30 days prior to arrival you will be able to move the dates to suit you better however the full payment will still be required as per the original booking. Bookings made less than 14 days prior to intended arrival date are paid for in full upon booking and are non-refundable.
The Booking Agent recommends that you take out comprehensive holiday cancellation and protection insurance with a reputable insurance company to cater for any unforeseen circumstances which may arise including accident, ill health or any other matters beyond your reasonable control, as once the booking is confirmed and receipted, you will be responsible for payment of the full rental.
Changing to another Happyshack or changing the dates cannot be done within this period. We highly recommend travel insurance to cover this possibility.
Changes to Accommodation Booking - Please choose your Happyshack carefully as no refund or change of shack will be possible once your booking is confirmed. Outside of 30 days amendments will be charged a $50 fee.
7. Guest Details: By reading these Terms and Conditions and providing your credit card details you will be the Registered Guest. The Registered Guest’s name must exactly match the name provided at the time of booking. The Registered Guest must supply a mobile phone number which ensures they can be contactable when occupying the residence 24/7 for security purposes. The Registered Guest is responsible for the Property and its contents for the entire period of Your booking and will be liable for all breakages and damages however caused by any Guest or visitors regardless of whether You are present or not at the time the damage occurs. It is the responsibility of the Registered Guest named in the booking confirmation to ensure all guests and visitors are aware of the terms and conditions. All booking variations and cancellations must be made by the Registered Guest only.
8. Occupancy Limits: You agree to supply Us with the exact numbers of all Guests who will be residing at or visiting the Property during Your booking. The number of Guests visiting the Property must never exceed the number of guests confirmed on your booking confirmtion. There are no exceptions unless We approve additional Guests in writing. This is an occupational, health and safety issue relating to fire safety, sanitation and hygenie issues and properties may be checked for compliance. At our discretion You may be charged for any additional Guests found to have been at the Property during Your booking at $100.00 per person per day.
9. No Schoolies bookings are permitted or bookings for groups under 27 years of age. This excudes family bookings travelling with children under 18 years of age.
10. Linen & Servicing: All properties supply good quality doonas, doona covers, pillows, flat sheets, pillow cases and bathroom linen for your comfort. The Property will not be serviced during your stay unless you have pre-booked housekeeping services seven working days prior to your arrival. This can be arranged at an extra fee and includes surface cleans of bathrooms, kitchens and linen changeover.
11. Arrival/Departure Times: Arrival time is after 2pm, with departure by 10am. The Property must be vacated by the departure time. If housekeeping are left waiting for access then a $80.00 + GST per hour rescheduling fee will apply. If additional cleaning is required above general cleaning then a minimum cleaning charge at $50.00 per hour + GST will be charged.
Happyshack House Rules
14. No Party Policy: Our holiday homes are located in quiet neighbourhoods. A strict no party policy applies. We ask you keep noise to a minimum after 10pm and ensure any outside flood lights are switched off by this time for the safety, comfort and privacy of neighbours. If you breach these terms and there is a Security Callout a $100+GST deduction will be charged with each security or caretaker callout. Only one warning will be issued for noise complaints. A second complaint will result in immediate departure and no refunds will be granted. STRICTLY NO FUNCTIONS ALLOWED. THERE IS A $2000.00 IMMEDIATE FINE SHOULD AN UNUATHORISED FUNCTION OCCUR AT THE PROPERTY.
14. No Smoking Policy: All Properties are smoke free inside. There are no exceptions to this. Any evidence of smoking or butts left at the Property will result in additional charges for cleaning, steam cleaning or repairs required from smoke damage.
14. Parking: Up to two cars only are allowed to park on the property premises for properties sleeping up to 8 guests and four cars for properties sleeping up to 16 guests, with parking permitted only in allocated parking bays and driveways. Please do not park on property garden beds/lawns. Charges apply for any damages caused by breaching these terms.
15. Irrigation: Under no circumstances are the irrigation systems to be altered or turned off. If the irrigation is disturbing your stay please contact our office direct so that we can send someone to assist you. If you tamper with the irrigation all time and materials required to reset the system and rejuvinate the lawn will be charged directly to your credit card.
16. Pet Policy: We only allow pets at Properties as advertised and as agreed to in writing by Us, the type and number of pets must be disclosed at the time of booking, otherwise we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund.
(a) All disclosed pet stays will be referred to on your confirmation and there is a surcharge for pet guests of $50 per pet + GST per stay.
(b) Please bring your pet’s bed or a sheet/blanket so they have their own sleeping and resting place as they not permitted on beds, couches or any other furniture.
(c) Before departing the property you must clean up after Your Pet(s) thoroughly including removing any droppings from courtyards or gardens. If pet hair is found on beds, blankets, couches or cushions or any other soft furnishings guests will be liable for any necessary cleaning and steam-cleaning. If pets damage any furniture by scratching or chewing, guests will be liable for any repairs or replacements. If necessary these costs will be charged to the credit card left as Security on your booking.
(d) All pets at Happyshack pet friendly properties are to be flea and tick treated, fully vaccinated, and well behaved. Well behaved means under control at all times. Dogs are to be on a leash when in common areas or driveways, and are not to be left in the house/apartment, on decks/balconies, or in yards for prolonged periods of time unattended. If guests are absent from the property during the day for extended periods, they will make arrangements to have their dog attended to throughout the day. If dogs are left alone and bark constantly during the day this contravenes local noise laws, upsets neighbours and guests may be asked to vacate the property without refund.
17. Erecting additional equipment: Guests are at no time permitted to erect swimming pools, inflatable play equipment, shade tents, camping equipment, park caravans, swags, tents or such like on the property. Breaching these terms will result in eviction and forfeiture all payments.
18. Vacating the Property: You must vacate the Property in the clean state you found it on arrival. As a guide this typically includes washing all dishes, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning the BBQ and removing excess rubbish that does not fit in bins provided. Furniture is not to be moved. If the Property is left in an untidy state or any furniture is moved you will be charged for damage to the furniture and flooring as a result, reasonable additional cleaning costs and the cost to hire furniture removalists to reinstate furniture to its original location. If the BBQ or Stove/Stove top is not thoroughly cleaned a $100.00+GST cleaning fee applies.The Property must be left locked; if the Property is left unlocked and theft occurs, guests You will be liable for any missing property and change of lock costs.
19. Property Damage: You must inform Us immediately of any damages relating to the Property and/or its contents. The Property will be inspected by Us as soon as practical after Your departure. You will be responsible for any breakages or damage at or to the Property. Any costs relating to Property Damage will be taken from your credit card and where the credit limit is insufficient to cover the total cost, You agree to reimburse Us for any remaining balance owing.
Limitation of Liability
20. Limitation of Liability: We do our best to ensure Your booking arrangements are satisfactory, however We do not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond Our control including, but not limited to, incidents at the Property, owner cancellations, sale of a property, modifications made by the Owner of the Property that we have not been advised of, war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.
21. Disclaimer: Whilst all care and attention is taken by Us to ensure the Property is maintained and configured to a high standard and conforms with the descriptions on Our website and representations made by Us when booking, We are not the Owner of the Property and act as Agent only and do not have any direct control over how the Property is configured or fitted out, therefore we take no responsibility for any differences, changes, modifications or out-of-service equipment at the Property that We were not advised of by the Owner at the time of your booking.
22. Breaches: If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, We reserve the right at Our complete discretion and using reasonable judgement to terminate your booking and evict You from the Property immediately. In such an event You will forfeit any future nights stay and We will not be liable to refund You for any forfeited nights.
23. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify Us against any loss or damage directly or indirectly incurred by Us resulting from Property Damage and/or a breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions, including, but not limited to, any loss of management fees and revenue where the Owner terminates their agreement with Us as a result of Property Damage and/or a breach by You of the Occupancy Limits (clause 6), No Party Policy (clause 11), No Smoking Policy (clause 12), No Pets Policy (clause 13).