Located on Port Vincent’s back beach, Minlacowie is a self-contained holiday shack with direct beach access. With 2 bedrooms (queen & bunk, queen & bunk) Minlacowie can sleep up to 8 guests; quilts & pillows are provided for guests, but guests will need to bring their own linen and towels with them. A portacot is also available for those staying at Minlacowie.
The bathroom at Minlacowie is basic with a shower only (no bath), and there is an outside toilet. There is a reverse cycle split-system air-conditioning in the combined lounge/dining/kitchen area, and pedestal fans located in both bedrooms. There is plenty of seating in the lounge room, along with a television (with USB port) and DVD player. There are also board games and an iPod docking station.
The kitchen is fully equipped for guests with a large fridge/freezer, electric stove & microwave. There are 2 choices for coffee, with a Nespresso capsule machine (guests will need to bring compatible pods with them), and a Breville machine which takes ground coffee beans.
There is great off-street parking with room for up to 3 vehicles and space for a boat. The parking is behind a fence, and the yard is secure. The enclosed front verandah overlooks the beachfront and at night-time you can sit and enjoy watching the city lights across Gulf St Vincent.
The area is spacious and great for year-round entertaining with café blinds. There is outdoor seating, a hooded gas barbecue and a drinks & bait fridge in the utility room. A top load washing machine and clothes dryer is located in the shed on the left-hand side of the house.
Pets are welcome at Minlacowie, just let the Country Getaways staff know when making your booking. The location of this holiday house is ideal, with the beach right on the doorstop, the Walk The Yorke walking trail passing along the front of the house, and mini golf nearby at the caravan park.
Port Vincent’s back beach is a great spot for crabbing, but you will need to bring your own crab rakes and crab cooking pot.
- 2 bedrooms - queen & bunk, queen & bunk
- Sleeps 8
- Quilts and pillows provided
- BYO sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea-towels
- Pedestal fans in bedrooms
- Bathroom with shower only
- Outside toilet
- Portacot (please bring bedding)
- Reverse cycle split system air-conditioning in combined lounge/dining/kitchen
- Fully equipped kitchen with large fridge/freezer, electric stove & microwave
- Capsule coffee machine (bring your own Nespresso compatible coffee pods)
- Breville coffee machine (bring your own ground coffee)
- iPod docking station
- Television with USB port
- DVD player
- Board games
- Enclosed front verandah overlooking beach with café blinds
- Top load washing machine (in shed, left hand side of house)
- Clothes dryer
- Hooded gas barbecue
- Outdoor dining seating
- Bait & drinks fridge
- Secure yard
- Off-street parking with room for 3 cars
- Boat parking behind fence
- No access to garage
- Pets by arrangement only ($100 refundable bond applies per pet)