Wine and Roses was purpose built around ten years ago as a Bed and Breakfast with all the elements for success ~ including location and opulence.
Matthew and Patrisse Caddle took over Wine and Roses in 2012 and although it has been an iconic 5-star Bed and Breakfast in McLaren Vale in the past they felt the need to refresh and enhance the experience. This included updating to the latest ‘Smart’ 40” Sony LCD TV’s including smart phone technology and blue ray capabilities. As well as adding little treats such as Nespresso Coffee, home-made scones, up to date magazines and DVD’s plus superior customer service! Of course all the favourite features have been retained and enhanced.
The Studio: A classically luxurious 2 roomed suite. Simply stunning! This suite offers total privacy due to the high level of acoustic insulation and sound proofing. Queen 4 poster bed, large oval 2 person spa open to the bedroom and bathroom and a separate adjoining private sitting room with cosy open log fire place. A light breakfast in suite is provided for you to enjoy at your leisure. If travelling in a group of 4, it’s handy if you book both the Studio Suite and the Retreat as you can breakfast together on the Retreat’s great balcony or enjoy a platter, glass of wine and the views!
- Generous provisions for a continental breakfast that include danishes, yoghurt, peaches, milk muesli, a selection of cereals, crusty white bread with butter and orange juice.
- Nespresso coffee machine and home made scones with jam and cream, for afternoon tea on arrival
- Nespresso coffee pods x 4
- A selection of fine teas
- Fresh flowers on the mantle
- Firewood for an evening fire
- Complimentary port and bedside chocolates
- An assortment of popular magazines
- Large oval 2 person spa
- Romantic open log fire
- 4 poster Queen bed
- 40” Sony Bravia 3D SMART LCD TV and Blue-ray Disc DVD Home Theatre System
- Wireless Internet
- Reverse Cycle Air-conditioning
- Personal Safe
- Chilled filtered water
- Full range of guest toiletries
- Iron & Ironing Board
Wine and Roses’ success has been rewarded with the following awards:
- Winner Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism Awards 2003, 2004, 2005
- Inducted into Fleurieu Peninsula Hall of Fame 2005
- Winner SA Great Regional Award Kangaroo Island/ Fleurieu Peninsula “Tourism” 2003
- Silver Medallist SA Tourism Award 2006
- Telstra Business Awards Finaliist, South Australia 2008
If you are looking for a getaway for romance or to use as a base to explore, then Wine and Roses is a great BnB to choose, offering four AAAT 5-Star suites.
All suites have: 4 poster or king beds, open fires, 2 person spas, or a bath in the retreat, with essential oils for bathing. Each suite features either a balcony, sitting room or courtyard.
For groups up to 8 persons, all four suites can be booked, and this includes use of the guest lounge, ideal to entertain or relax, which features a large flat screen tv, dvd player, kitchen facilites, and outdoor BBQ area,
For groups of 4 book the Retreat with its view filled balcony and the Studio Suite. Then enjoy a gourmet breakfast in the dining room.