o ensure your holiday is the best it can possibly be, as well as for those that come after you, we ask that you respect the holiday property and our neighbours by abiding by the following terms & conditions.
1. When paying by direct debit (EFT) please write in the property description and your last name as the booking reference number.
2. Bookings are made in good faith by our agency but we cannot be held responsible for actions taken by the owner of the premises, which are outside our control.
3. All descriptions of the premises by the agent is made in good faith but no responsibility will be accepted for misrepresentation, errors or omissions.
4. Deposits are accepted on the basis of current rental and conditions for the premises and is subject to any increase in rental or change in conditions as may be notified by the owner or agent prior to the commencement of the letting. (Every reasonable endeavour will be made to offer alternative accommodation should this occur).
5. Our aim is to maintain a high standard of accommodation but we must point out that these properties are privately owned and are furnished to the individual owner's standard.
6. All credit card transactions incur an additional minimal transaction fee. 1.5% on standards cards and up to 3.3% on premium cards.
7. All payments are to be made in full days before occupancy. If you have booked in advance, the balance is expected 21 days before your arrival. If your booking date is within 21 days, the full balance is required to confirm the booking.
8. A $30 non-refundable booking fee will apply to all bookings. The booking fee is in addition to the rental of the property and any other charges incurred throughout your holiday in the property. Booking fees must be paid in full prior to the holiday commencing or gaining access to the property.
9. A SECURITY BOND of a minimum $300 (pre-authorisation on your credit card - more for prestigious properties or in peak periods) must be taken on all bookings.
10. Refunds following cancellation may only be available if and when period cancelled is fully rebooked for the total period and equal amount of tariff. Refunds may be subject to a 50% cancellation fee. The booking fee is not refundable. Any credit card fees are not- refundable.
11. Holiday premises are available after 3:00pm on the day of arrival, and are to be vacated by 11:00am on the day of departure.
12. On arrival should the property be found not to be to an appropriate standard of cleanliness or require maintenance please phone our office within 24 hours in order for staff to rectify the situation. Please call our office during business hours if maintenance is required during your stay and only message (do not call) the emergency numbers provided if an emergency occurs that we will be able to help with. This is the most direct line of contact when you need to communicate with our team.
13. All bed & bathroom linen is provided (unless otherwise stated). Guests are required to provide their own beach/pool towels.
14. If you lock yourself out of your holiday property please call a local locksmith and pay him directly for this service. Please do not message the after-hours number for assistance with a lock out. We have properties all over SA and cannot guarantee that we can attend in a timely manner or certainly late at night and on weekends.
15. Under no circumstances are animals allowed on or inside the premises (unless otherwise arranged or stated on the properties web page). Should permission be granted for a pet to stay, you may be subject to a higher cleaning fee or higher bond. If a pet is found at the property without prior approval; you may face immediate eviction and/or additional fees. Pet T&C's apply to all pet friendly properties and must be adhered to.
16. Rubbish and recycling bins are to be left on the kerb on the designated rubbish collection day (refer fridge notes or compendium) and brought in the next morning. Excess rubbish, bottles etc. must be taken with you on your departure. If the bins have not been put out for collection or excess rubbish is left at property, there will be a service fee charged for removal by contractor.
17. Breakages, damages, stained/soiled linen and lost keys are to be reported immediately and paid for, to permit replacement. Should they not be reported and discovered upon the bond check your full bond amount will be held for further investigation.
18. In home units, Strata Title By-Laws and Regulations must be observed. Parking is only permitted in designated locations.
19. The guest agrees to allow the Agent or his nominee to enter the property to arrange necessary repairs.
20. No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on the premises.
21. Your co-operation in leaving premises in a clean and tidy condition would be appreciated. If premises are not left in a tidy condition, an additional cleaning fee will be charged. Premises are to be left as found. Failure to this will incur a bond charge.
22. All BBQ's and fire pits are to be cleaned on departure. If you arrive to find them dirty, please notify staff ASAP. Otherwise there is a $50 charge for not cleaning these items.
23. If a gas bottle becomes empty during your stay, please use the Swap’n’Go service at your nearest petrol station. Send a copy of the receipt to our office and we will reimburse you.
24. Noisy parties will not be tolerated and may lead to immediate cancellation/eviction of the booking with no refund and full loss of bond. There is to be no excessive noise past 10pm in all our holiday rental properties.
25. Use of spas or pools after 10pm is not permitted.
26. No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to adjoining or neighbouring occupiers.
27. The premises when let as a holiday house are rented to accommodate only the number of persons for which there is bedding provided and for the period stated. The number of occupants must not exceed the number of beds. Overloading will result in immediate cancellation of the booking.
28. All properties are non-smoking properties (both inside and outside on patio’s and balconies). Smoking in any property is cause for an immediate non-release of the bond taken for each booking.
29. If a noise complaint is made by a neighbour after the noise restrictions curfew of 10.00pm and an agent or police are called out to the property then you will forfeit your full bond and risk being evicted without refund. If the complaint is not warranted then the charge will be waved.
• Management strives to pass cost savings to the holiday makers as much as possible through its direct dealings with Owners of each property. As such, we normally do not accept cancellations or changes. We do not offer a refund if you simply change your mind.
• Guests must notify us in writing and the following cancellation fees apply:
• - 21 days or less prior to arrival - 100% of the total booking balance (excluding cleaning fee) will be forfeited
• - Greater than 21 days before arrival – 50% of deposit (excluding cleaning fee) forfeited.
• - Payment of 50% deposit of the balance is due upon booking (or 100% if under 21 days until your arrival) constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
• We understand that sometimes changes to your travel dates are unavoidable. Should you wish to change your booking date, a fee of $100 will be incurred and must be paid at the time of change. Changes are only allowed if made more than 28 days before arrival. Total booking of changed dates must be the same as, or greater than the original booking. No changes are permitted within 27 days or less prior to arrival.
Non-compliance to our Terms & conditions may result in termination of your booking or a loss of your bond.
Disclaimer – Southern Districts Short Stays PTY LTD and/or Take A Break Holiday Rentals and/or SA Executive Rentals do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force of mother nature or the events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of Mother Nature, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
Please advise the office by the Wednesday following your arrival if you wish to rebook the same property for the same period next year.
If you require additional information please call our office
The SA Executive / Take A Break Holiday Rental Team