Enjoy panoramic sea views while you relax at Sea View House, a brand new luxury two storey home set in beautiful Encounter Bay, Victor Harbor. The house has 4 carpeted bedrooms, open plan living/kitchen/dining with fantastic views, two decks, one with a BBQ, and many extras. A wonderfully peaceful place, with lots to do in the near vicinity as well as in the wider area, this is an ideal place for a family holiday. Linen provided. Wine/chocolates on arrival.
Upstairs is open plan living, with kitchen, dining,and main balcony all overlooking the sea and the garden below. The living area has seating for 12+ people with a TV, DVD and DVD library. There are sliding doors which open out onto the balcony, which has an dining setting and BBQ.This spaceseats 12 people. The kitchen has a large fridge, dishwasher, oven, hotplates, microwave, walk in pantry, all cooking requirements, toaster, kettle and coffee machine. The large master bedroom, which also overlooks the ocean, has a queen-sized bed, ensuite (with shower, toilet and vanity), built in wardrobe and a private balcony.
Downstairs: The downstairs area comprises of a living room, with TV and DVD, a bathroom with a full-sized bath and shower, a vanity area, a separate toilet and three bedrooms: one room containing a queen- sized bed, a second room with two singles that can be joined to make a king (just let us know how you need it!) and a third room with two sets of bunks (sleeping 4 people). All bedrooms have built in wardrobes.
There is a laundry room with washing machine.
Thegarage has parking for 2 cars with a remote control, and outside parking on the premises for 4 extra cars. The house also has internet, heating and air conditioning.
A car is recommended.
Encounter Bay is a beautiful, peaceful part of Victor Harbor. There are a number of cafes and restaurants close by, with a larger selection of these, as well as bakeries, banks, supermarkets, variety stores, doctors and chemists in nearby central Victor Harbor.
Things to do and see:
The popular seaside town of Victor Harbor is located 80 kilometres, or just under an hours drive, south of Adelaide, South Australia. It has clear turquoise waters, sun, surf and sand, stunning views and many restaurants, cafes, shops and sea-based activities. Encounter Bay, the peaceful area of Victor Harbor, is an excellent base for many activities and the perfect spot for a family holiday.
If you are driving from Adelaide you may like to make a number of stop offs along the way to areas such as the McLaren Vale wine district, trout fishing at the Tooperang Trout Farm or strawberry or cherry picking in the summer season at Mt Compass.
There are many things to do in Encounter Bay, both in the summer and winter seasons:
- The beachis a short 2 minute drive away, with a free boat launch or jetty for fishing and child friendly swimming on the beach near Kent Reserve.
- Enjoy a trip across the Causeway on the Horse Drawn Tram to Granite Island, with a walk around the island and a stop off for a coffee or an ice cream. There is a carnival near the Causeway during the school holidays
- One of the beachside playgrounds such as Kent Reserve or GT Fisher playground near the Causeway, with its old steam train to climb on, are great fun for the children.
- The well used coastal bike and walking path begins at Encounter Bay and winds its way along the coast, to the small town of Goolwa.
- Jump aboard the rattling Cockle Train for a steam rail experience travelling along the coast to Port Elliot and Goolwa, following the path of Australias first public railway.
- In the winter season, some of the best land-based whale watching can be enjoyed when Southern Right Whales visit Encounter Bay. Find where the best vantage points are located and learn more at the SA Whale Centre in Victor Harbor. You may even be lucky enough to spot them from your balcony!
- Visit Urimbirra Wildlife Park and see some Australian wildlife, such as koalas, kangaroos and emus.
- Winter and spring time is the perfect time for lots of lovely walks such as the Heysen Trail walking path along the picturesque cliff tops, or a walk up the Bluff for some wonderful photos and views.
- There are a number of golf courses, such as McCracken Country Club, as well as lawn bowls, croquet, picnic areas and skate parks.
- The town plays host to many festivals and markets throughout the year.
A short drive away:
- (6.6 km away) Historic Port Elliot with its beautiful Horseshoe Bay, stunning beach, walks, playground, award winning Flying Fish Cafe, pretty shops and very popular bakery is a wonderful place to explore.
- (10.4 km away) Drive up the road a short way to Middleton, with its long, white sandy beach, fantastic swimming and surfing conditions for all ages and a great place to build sandcastles or play beach cricket. Surf schools run surfing lessons at Middleton beach.
Or you may prefer to relax with a drink on the balcony, listening to the wind and the birds while you enjoy the panoramic views of the sea and sky at Encounter Bay.
Other things to note:
We do also offer the following optional services at an extra charge should you require them:
- If you are here for a longer stay, a weekly clean of the house with a change of sheets and towels.
- Filling up the fridge in advance with the basics before you arrive. We have a choice of a Get-Me-Started hamper, supplying the basics for breakfast, wine, fruit etc, or a Luxury hamper, providing basics as well as luxury items such a champagne, selection of cheeses and other delights.