Built around the turn of the century, this very rural and private stone cottage sits amoungst Sandalwood trees and rolling fields. Beautifully restored and appointed in the clasic country style, Sandalmere is a favorite with those celebrating a special occasion or just wanting to get away and relax.
Also popular with bird watchers and bush walkers, there are 23 species of birds on the property, several very brave kangaroos and a pesky black eared rabbit.
Sandalmere property, once a summering place for the hard working block horses, the paddocks surrounding the cottage are now home to some of our own Australian Stock Horses.
There are still many relics of the horse era with some horse drawn implements still to be found where they were once left.
One guest comment: Serenity was invented at Sandalmere.
- Sandalmere Cottage has 2 main bedrooms
- 1 queen, 1 double and one pull out double sofa bed/divan in small sitting room
- Large fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and table and chairs
- Slow combustion log fire in dining area
- Separate lounge with two seater sofa and two chairs
- Flat screen TV with DVD and CD player
- Bathroom with claw foot bath and separate shower
- Separate Toilet
- Laundry facilites
- Polished slate floors, throw rugs, picture windows and wood beams.
- Air con
- BBQ facilities and out door settings plus garden swing.
- Extensive garden area
- Sleeps 4 comfortably ( 2 couples ) but can sleep 6 for short stays.
- Room to unwind
Weekly rates available!