Camellia Queen Room Luxurious, intimate and very very comfortable... the perfect setting for romantics.
- Spacious bed-sitting room has a high vaulted ceiling with ensuite bathroom
- Mahogany French provincial style hand carved and French polished queen bed
- Mahogany sideboard contains refrigerator and tea-making facilities
- Open fire in winter with cosy settee for romantic evenings
- Reverse cycle split system air conditioner for year round comfort
- Small table with tea-making facilities
- 35" HD Television with all digital channels is wall mounted for convenience
- Shared but totally private access to the Spa Bathroom
- Cosy and intimate atmosphere
Luxuriously appointed private accommodation, with panoramic views across the township and valley await you at the highly respected Marble Lodge Bed and Breakfast, where you can travel back in time to a slower paced life.
Nestled into 6 acres of grounds at the very heart of the beautiful Barossa township of Angaston, Marble Lodge offers delightful quality and comfort, in what is a truly unique setting.
The imposing homestead building sits atop the main hill in the heart of the small Barossa township of Angaston within a short walking distance to coffee shops, wine bars, restaurants and other attractions.
The purpose built bed and breakfast accommodation, a faithful reproduction of the quality marble construction exhibited in the main house, is set slightly back from the original homestead building, and offers an intimate and private setting.
Wide verandahs replete with comfortable seating make an ideal shady spot to relax and take in the tranquil settings of large trees, expansive gardens and abundant birdlife.
Popular with romantics, Marble Lodge is a true, ‘fully hosted’ bed and breakfast, with the owner drawing on many year’s of private travel experience to ensure your stay will become a cherished memory for life.
Visit Marble Lodge soon, where you are always made welcome
Both suites contain all that you could need for romantic and intimate stay, complete with wine glasses, champagne flutes, facilities for making tea and coffee, and bar fridge.
Complimentary offerings include Vittoria Coffee and Twinning's tea, chocolate truffles, home-made biscuits and a decanter of Peter Lehman Tawny Port
- For stays of 2 or more nights a Complimentary bottle of wine is also included
- Linen, towels, bath robes, personal amenities, and hair dryers are provided
- BBQ is available on request
- Huge 2 person Spa Bath - shared by either Suite, but totally private
- Laundry facility is available
- Free wireless internet We are only too happy to cater to special requests including dietary requirements where possible, all you need to do is ask
Located in the stunning Barossa Valley township of Angaston, Marble Lodge is just over an hours easy drive from the city of Adelaide, whether you wish to take the direct route, or enjoy a leisurely scenic drive.
Marble Lodge is located on a hill overlooking the friendly small township of Angaston, with views in all directions. The 6 acre Private Estate has extensive gardens and mature trees and enjoys numerous birds that live in our ancient gums.
Built of local marble, and set apart from the main house, the B&B Lodge was architect designed to complement the Heritage Listed Homestead, guaranteeing guests enjoy a very quiet location with total privacy, something which we take for granted.
With some of the most famous wineries in Australia nearby, Marble Lodge is an ideal central base for day trips to taste some of the best wines in the world.
A short 5 minute stroll will take you to the main street's great restaurants, coffee shops, wine bars and hotels.
Getting to Angaston? There are several routes, some direct and others scenic.
Scenic route from Adelaide to Angaston via the Adelaide Hills.
Direct route from Adelaide via Lyndoch and Tanunda
Angaston is right at the heart of the Barossa Valley, and because it nestles in a valley of the Barossa Ranges, is considered the most beautiful of all the towns here.
Being at the heart of this famous wine district, you have a fantastic selection of wineries to choose from, such as Yalumba, Henschke and Saltram, and Wine Bars representing smaller winemakers who do not have their own Cellar Door outlets. Some suggestions to consider...
- The Barossa Experience includes wine, food, art,walking and cycling trails
- Visit the famous Yalumba Winery -2kms away, the oldest Family Owned winery in Australia
- Angaston has become known as "the Foodies Town of the Barossa"
- Wine Tasting at the many cellar doors, a few of them 10 minutes away
- Check out the bright stars at night, see if you can find the Southern Cross!
- Stunning scenery - bring your camera!
- Take to the skies and enjoy the view from a morning ride in a hot-air balloon
- The region is blessed with a Mediterranean climate, there isn't really a bad time to visit
- The week-long bi-annual Barossa Vintage Festival is the country's biggest and longest running wine festival - Starts Easter Saturday on the odd numbered years (2013, 2015 etc)
Angaston-Nuriootpa Bike Path
The new shared-use walking and cycling trail begins at the old Angaston railway station, just 5 minutes walk from Marble Lodge. It travels 7 kms along the former railway corridor downhill through the vineyards to Nuriootpa Railway Station then joining the path on Barossa Valley Way adjacent to historic Penfolds Winery, another 6kms on to Tanunda. The trail is being planned to extend then to Gawler. Bicycles can be hired from the local hardware store just a 5 minute walk away