Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means any Hometel property offered, and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment. “Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. FIRE SAFETY
VERY IMPORTANT EVERYONE IS TOLD OF THIS PLEASE
- There is a hardwired system installed in the larger Fairfield houses
- the system is not connected to fire station, so you must dial 000
- the lights over exit paths are part of the fire safety and cannot be turned off. They are on permanently
- if alarm sounds, check no fire. If false alarm system may be turned off.
- after few mins break, CRITICAL- YOU MUST TURN SYSTEM BACK ON AND REPLACE KEY.
- save people before things
- fight fire only if safe to do so
- close windows and doors to limit oxygen
- fire evac meeting place is at letterbox
- there are fire extinguishers and fire blankets supplied. Please check their locations.
- on back of each door is the fire plan
- keep all exits clear from each bedroom and to front doors
- all guests must sign fire book that they have been made aware of the above
NB ANY BREACHES OF THE FIRE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC FORFEIT OF SECURITY DEPOSIT.
EG tampering with fire sensor or lights / leaving system turned off
3. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 2 pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10 am on departure date.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
• You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 2 days before arrival.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be arranged individually.
A deposit of $500 (minimum) per house level, is required at time of booking. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than FOUR weeks prior to your arrival.
• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
6. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately.
• Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
• If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking you will be refunded the money paid over the deposit, if 1 month notice is received.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
• Once full payment is made, there are no refunds for reduction of number of guests.
• Once full payment is made, there may be a refund for reduction of number of nights if another booking is secured.
• Once full payment is made, there may be a refund for 6th bedroom if another booking is secured.
• An administration charge of $100 may be charged for any variation or cancellation.
• If Management is able to relet the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made less administration charges, commissions and expenses
• We have a minimum nights stay policy of 3 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
7. SECURITY DEPOSIT
• A security deposit payment of $500 per level or $750 for whole home, is required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your Booking or can be paid in cash on arrival. It will be credited to your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the security deposit. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
8. UNAVAILABILITY & BEST FIT POLICY
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc), then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full for any unused nights.
Quotations are given on the home that best suits your original enquiry re numbers and location and preference.
- Bookings for 4wks or more will be guaranteed any particular home of choice if available.
- Bookings of less than 4 weeks who are not flexible in which home they are allocated, please call to discuss.
We have houses in Macgregor, Fairfield, Corinda and studios in Macgregor and Yeerongpilly
9. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS & EXCESSIVE NOISE
• Parties are strictly prohibited. Small groups for dinner are welcome, but noise must not be audible to neighbours between 10pm (11pm Fri and Sat nights) and 8am.
• You have rented a suburban home and as such stringent rules need to apply to noise. Unfortunately past guests have sorely tested our neighbour’s patience hence these conditions. Neighbours at each home have our contact numbers. In the event they call us for excessive noise, there will be one warning and $100 penalty applies. If called twice or if the police are called out, then YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
• Pets are allowed at the Property by arrangement only. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets both within and outside the property. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. Professional flea treatment may need to be carried out at Guests expense.
Dogs in season or prone to shedding hair are not permitted.
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund. ANY GUESTS IN EXCESS OF THOSE PAID FOR WILL BE CHARGED AT DOUBLE THE NORMAL RATE.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security security deposit
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $20 per key.
• Smoking is not permitted inside the house. Patio and deck outside smoking is permitted.
• NB BCC has restrictions on numbers allowed when persons are not related.
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.