Solana on Four Mile Beach is a townhouse located in a very quiet cul-de-sac only 120 metres from the renown and picturesque Four Mile Beach in Port Douglas. Less than a two minute walk! The permanent right of way access path to the beach crosses a small public park (Bruno Reidweg) with a well equipped children's playground and BBQs. The townhouse is exceptionally well appointed, being a private residence rented to guests only because the owner currently travels much overseas.
Shared with only five other units, the townhouse is away from major resorts. The Four Mile Shops including a delicatessen/cafe, bottle shop, video store and take-away are approximately 700m away and the IGA supermarket and Tropical Habitat about 1 km. Several great restaurants are within easy bike or walking distance. Port Douglas's shopping, restaurant and entertainment street, Macrossan Street, is less than five minutes by car or an easy 15-20 minute ride on the dedicated, safe bike path. A local mini-bus service also operates a routine schedule to and from town.
All the furniture, linen, electrical appliances and kitchenware in the townhouse is less than two years old.
FREE WIFI INTERNET IS PROVIDED IN THE APARTMENT. A very generous Gb limit is maintained, suitable for all reasonable usage, but slows if high volume downloads are made.
This modern two story townhouse of cyclone rated, brick construction offers:
- Private, gated plunge pool with outdoor shower, set in a neat tropical garden
- Upstairs has 3 bedrooms and 2½-bathrooms configured:
- Master bedroom with King size bed and en suite bathroom with a large spa bath.
- Second bedroom with Queen size bed
- Third bedroom that can be either one zipped King or split into two King singles
- All beds are top range, with quality mattresses and underlays
- Second bathroom and a separate toilet, to serve the second and third bedrooms
- Private balconies off each bedroom, with ceiling fan and big cushioned seats and table
- Modern fully equipped kitchen downstairs with relatively new:
- Miele oven, hotplates, dishwasher
- dual function microwave
- twin tub sink on island breakfast bar
- large capacity Fischer and Paykel fridge/freezer
- full range of top electrical appliances
- Breville 'Barista' espresso/cappuccino coffee machine
- quality cutlery, crockery, utensils, and cooking/baking equipment
- wide selection of cookbooks!
- Dining room downstairs that seats a minimum 6. A semi-formal crockery set is available.
- Lounge and entertainment area with:
- Australian leather lounge seats (2 x 21/2 seater)
- Samsung SMART TV with FTA channels and can play movies from laptop/storage device
- DVD player and a selection of DVDs
- Sound system 'tower' (FM-AM/Internet/iPhone/MP3)
- Range of family and board games
- Selection of novels
- Fully equipped laundry
- Guest vanity toilet
- Throughout rooms are fully air-conditioned, as well as having efficient ceiling fans (including patio and balconies outdoors)
- An outdoor dining area next to pool, seating up to 8, with Weber gas BBQ
- Linen, towels, tea towels and starter toiletries are provided free
- Cleaning agents and equipment are available for guests to help keep the unit clean and tidy
Beach items as chairs, umbrella, towels, portable fridge, drink cooler, racquets, boogie boards and children's beach toys are provided. If taken to the beach or park, please treat as your own. Ensure they are brought back to the unit and washed/cleaned of sand and salt.
Two quality ADULT bicycles (one male; one female, with helmets and carry baskets) are at the unit for guest use. USE IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK. If more are needed (or say children's bikes) several bike hire outlets, with fair rates, operate in Port Douglas.
Children, appropriately supervised, are welcome at 5 Solana by the Beach. A baby cot, high chair (a 'booster' type seat that fastens securely to one of the solid bench chairs) and stair guard are in the unit. The kitchen is equipped with children's cutlery and crockery.
Being a two-story townhouse, the unit has limitations for guests that may be wheel-chair confined. If desired, a fold away bed can be arranged with ablutions possible in the laundry.
Parking is easiest kerbside, immediately in front of the townhouse. The street is a very quiet cul-de-sac, so a convenient and safe space is normally available. Port Douglas can be considered a low crime area, but keep your vehicle locked and any valuables out of sight.
To protect furniture and fittings, and in the interest of future guests who may have allergies, NO PETS PLEASE.
In the interests of future guests (as well as the non-smoking owner!) and in keeping with now common practice in Australian homes, PLEASE NO SMOKING INSIDE the townhouse. If you need to smoke, use the patio, garden or upstairs balconies and dispose your butts in the rubbish.