For some of your food supplies and other necessities:
• Yuen's Fruit & Veg Market, 200m away(not to be missed)
• Chinese Butcher, 200m away(fresh meat and bbq or roasted chicken, duck, pork)
• Asian Grocery Store 200m away
• German Butcher 250m away(top tasty sausages)
• Spar Express Mermaid Beach Convenience Store, 200M away
• Night Owl Convenience Store, 250m away.
• Lots of take away fast food outlets within 300m away.
• For home delivered cooked food from a huge variety of fast food outlets, cafes and restaurants get on line on Menulog dot comdot au.
For major supermarkets such as Woolworths, Coles and Aldi.
• 3.7 Km away, Q Super Centre, Coles, Woolworths, Aldi and other variety of shops and restaurants. Free parking.
• 2.5 Km away, Pacific Fair one of the biggest shopping malls on the Gold Coast. Free parking.
I have been asked a number of times about seafood markets on the Gold Coast so I will be making a few suggestions.
• 10.4 Km. If you would like to get the freshest seafood caught by the local fishermen and sold directly from their trawlers I would suggest: Fishermen's Co-Operative, Freshestcatch (URL HIDDEN) 168 SeaWorld Drive Open 7 days from 7 am till sold out.
• 10.4 Km away, Peter's Seafood Market, 120 SeaWorld Drive
• 14.9 Km away, Charis Seafood's, home of the largest supply of fresh seafood on the Gold Coast, 371 Marine Parade Harley Park, Labrador, Gold Coast.
• 9 Km away, Pacifica Trading 273 Scottsdale Drive Robina. Specialised Fresh Seafood Retailer and Wholesaler.
• Woolworths and Coles supermarkets are selling seafood but with less variety comparing to the ones above.
Shopping for souvenirs, fashion and other things.
Shopping is abundant with Robina Town Centre, Q Super Centre and Pacific Fair all only within 5-10 minutes' drive.
Other Shopping Malls are Oasis Shopping Centre, Broadbeach Central, Surfers Paradise, Australia Fair, Harbour Town, or for something more sophisticated, Marina Mirage or Sanctuary Cove.
Most of these shopping locations offer all day free parking, or three hours free parking.
If a car is unavailable to you, there are bus and tram stations within short walking distance. You may however choose a taxi, uber or other kind of transport as you wish.
Going to the beach
Mermaid Beach is within walking distance where you can enjoy the sun, the ocean and the sand in a quiet and safe atmosphere while under the watchful eye of the surf patrol.
If you would prefer a more vibrant beach, you may choose a 30-40 minute walk to Broadbeach, or a 5-10 minute drive into Surfers Paradise.
Whichever location you choose for your beach experience, we strongly advise you to remain between the red and yellow flags when swimming in ocean waters.
Around Mermaid Waters there a number of smaller family restaurants offering top quality meals at reasonable prices, as well as a few more expensive ones, all within walking distance.
For a more formal dining experience you may choose Broadbeach Central, Surfers Paradise, Main Beach, Marina Mirage, Sanctuary Cove…. There are just too many to mention. There are some very nice restaurants in the guidebook.
Unfortunately all the theme parks are not within walking distance. From Mermaid Waters to all the parks there is a driving distance between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on traffic and your method of transport.
The exception would be Sea World, which is only about 10-15 minutes away, located in Main Beach.
The traffic on the Gold Coast is usually flowing smoothly; there should rarely be any delays in getting to your destination.
The Gold Coast is known for its extravagant and exciting nightlife. Between the pubs, the bars, the clubs, the casino and the shows, you'll never find yourself bored in this vibrant city. Hit up Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach for what is sure to be the night of your life.
The Green behind The Gold
Although famous for our beaches the Gold Coast is also blessed with fabulous Hinterland, Parklands and Wetland areas. All these areas and our headlands have excellent walking paths and trails and here you can enjoy the splendours of not only our headlands and foreshores but also our rainforests.
There are many golf courses on the Gold Coast catering for a wide range of skills and entertainment. They start from Par3, 9 hole courses to 18 hole public courses to resort and internationally recognised golf courses.
Most offer a range of services from club and buggy hire, putting greens, driving ranges and even lessons from the local professional. Clubhouses offer refreshments and food, to first class restaurants. There are a number of golfing touring companies to look after your golfing needs.
There are many places of interest within walking distance from the property but, some form of transport will be needed to visit all other attractions on The Coast.
Getting around Gold Coast, just like almost anywhere else in Australia, it is more convenient to have your own private transport available.
Taxis and Uber available at all times.
There is a bus stop 250m where you can catch a bus to most destinations.
There is a Tram station about 1.5 Km away connecting South Broadbeach with Parkwood and stopping in all central locations along The Coast.
If you wish to visit Brisbane, Robina train station 10-15 minutes drive.