Escape the fast paced world and retreat to nature
Cedar Park Rainforest Resort is a privately owned, award winning wildlife retreat situated between the famous rainforest village of Kuranda and the bustling rural town of Mareeba. Just forty minutes from Cairns International Airport, all the attractions of Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands are easily accessible. Cedar Park is a convenient base to enjoy all this amazing area has to offer.
Cedar Park's Gothic style lodge is situated in the rainforest along a spring fed creek offering wading and swimming holes. With only six suites, our retreat is an intimate and peaceful place to step back from life's fast pace. Your spacious and cool stone-floored suite has a private outdoor area to soak in the sounds of the rainforest around you. Bordering national park, guests may hike a loop through the rainforest for a healthy one hour exploration.
Wallabies wander through the property and its unlikely you'll visit us without seeing many. We have a resident peacock who likes to spread his feathers. In the creek there are several Platypus who are often spotted by guests.
The Restaurant at Cedar Park features covered al fresco dining in nature. Sip a drink from the bar as the sun goes down and the evening wildlife tunes in, then savor a delicious home cooked meal. Our complementary continental buffet breakfast is served in the same setting.
Cedar Park has the advantage of being adjacent to the Barron Gorge National Park, an area of rainforest, gorges and waterfalls. An enormous variety of flora and fauna abound amongst the thick vegetation, many of which are often viewed from your room's veranda. Bird-watchers come especially to sight rare and seasonal birds. Professors have brought student groups to study the insects, frogs, lichens and medicinal plants located on our property and across the creek in the national park.
The Atherton Tablelands World Heritage Rainforest and National Parks have an abundance of crater lakes, swimmable waterfalls, bush walks and wildlife. Independently produced coffee, cheese, wine, chocolate and native fruit are specialties of the area. We can provide guests with a customised map and local knowledge for all the Tablelands has to offer. Tours of these attractions are available.
On cool nights we light the real wood fireplace and you may savor a hot drink on the sofa. Chat, read, play cards or one of our board games with friends.
Discover why this unique resort has become the preferred destination for vacationers and locals seeking a relaxing nature retreat.
• We are a self-drive destination and do not provide a pick-up service. To explore the beauty of the Tablelands you are more flexible with a car. Rental cars are available at the airport and Cairns city.
• We welcome children age 10 and older as guests in the rooms in order to assure a peaceful environment for all visitors. There are no age limitations for the restaurant on weekends.
• Cedar Park has no mobile reception, something most guests consider a welcome respite. You may use our land line for free to contact the outside world. We do offer use of our satellite internet connection. Thus you can email, Facebook, Skype and chat to your friends if you must! However most guests welcome the chance to leave technology behind for a few days and focus on themselves and nature. There is no television in the rooms or restaurant. We suggest you bring a good book or borrow one of ours.
• Gluten-free and other special dietary breakfasts are available upon request at no extra charge.
• Cedar Park is Eco-certified and management practices are environmentally responsible.