Thank you staying at Onda beach house
The following is information about your stay.
Inclusions and facilities:
• bath and beach/pool towels for your stay.
• Major appliances and facilities provided for the convenience of guests: SSteel Barbeque (must be cleaned - kit provided),
• Dishwasher (some tablets), Microwave, sink, fridge, cook-top oven and exhaust system, kitchen cooking utensils, external clothesline, dryer, hair-dryer, Iron and Ironing board, lounge with TV DVD player and Stereo, WiFi broadband, a dining area,
Air-conditioning throughout(please use only with doors closed, at night try using just fans it is only very humid on still days late December to March)
Some DVDs and Books, Spa Bath, Swimming Pool.
Pillows and summer blankets.
Some convenience requirements: oil, coffee, tea, some toilet paper, some shampoo, soap, conditioner, body wash, fly and insect sprays, laundry liquid.
Please pack sunscreen.
Copies of instruction manuals for all equipment are supplied.
Please note the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS of your stay:
- You should print a copy of this email for your reference.
- "We" means Mike and Anne Roberts the owners of Onda Beach House. "You" means, you, your family, guests and visitors (whether you know them or not). "Booking" means the whole period of your booking and travel to and from Onda Beach House. Australian law applies to this agreement.
- Payment of the Deposit means you accept all of these Terms.
- Check in 3pm and out 11am times cannot be varied without prior agreement by email with us.
- A bond payment of between $500 and $1,000 may be required at the same time as the outstanding balance of your Booking. If so, you will be notified. It will be credited to your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure.
- Any damage, loss or expense incurred as a result of your breach of these Terms will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
- If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then we will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
- We will not be liable for nor pay you any other money due to unavailability.
PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. Onda is a serene environment. You remain responsible for ALL persons attending to ensure; no disturbance of neighbours, no undue noise, quiet when entering and leaving the premises, no behaviour likely to cause damage to property or offence or embarrassment to others, all external noise should cease by 11pm.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security guards and other expenses.
NO SMOKING - anywhere.
LINEN AND TOWELS
- We supply linen, pillowslips, and towels which must be left, unstained, in the bath room on departure.
- Further linen may be hired through contacting our local agent. • If you use the washing machine please note they are front loaders. TOP loading powder MUST not be used.
- Beach towels must not be washed with white linen.
- Pets are NOT allowed at Onda Beach House.
LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR PERSON
- You are responsible for your safety and the safety of your guests, visitors and any children.
- We are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur during your booking to you including your guests, visitors and any children.
- All children must be supervised at all times in the house, on the beach, near the road and on our decks and balconies.
- Small active children or adolescents indeed inattentive, frail, elderly or inebriated adults may sustain injury by falling off the decking or balconies. Photographs and video are available on www.ondabeachhouse.com PLEASE LOOK AT THESE. You must ensure Onda Beach House is suitable for you and ALL your guests or visitors including their needs and abilities.
YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- You must comply with other Onda Beach House Rules located in the handbook on site and all instructions from our local agent concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
- You agree that you will leave your contact mobile phone on (and not on silent)and will answer our phone provided during the time of your stay to allow contact to be made in the event of an emergency or complaint.
- Only the guests nominated and agreed in your Booking may stay over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or your stay may be terminated without refund.
- Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided and dirty crockery and cutlery placed in the dishwasher(s).
- The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Extra cleaning charges will be incurred for cleaning of the BBQ, dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost of cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above normal cleaning fee. Please note there is a fee for cleaning the BBQ.
- All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived.
- The property should be vacated on time and secured. All keys must be returned to our local agent as directed.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys and alarm fob.
- You are responsible for any damage to:
- your personal property, or
- the personal property of those staying with you, and
- you agree to pay us for any Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss of our property during your stay.
- you agree to pay us reasonable repair or replacement cost (at our discretion - which is exercised favourably IF you tell us) for our damaged goods or property.
WHITE GOODS /KITCHEN APPLIANCES
- Children must not operate these appliances.
- Yellow top bins are recyclables and Green top is general rubbish.
- Bins are located at the non-driveway side of Pavilion 1.
- It would be appreciated if you could leave the bins on the edge of the grass near the street in the direction indicated on the top on MONDAY NIGHTS - collection occurs up to mid to late Tuesday.
- Our Pool guy comes once a fortnight in the morning for 1/2 hour.
- Grounds maintenance come for half an hour on once a fortnight early (8am). Both are fortnightly and not in sync so you may get neither or both. You don't need to let either in and they are nice people who will not bother you nor come in the house.
PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
- In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform us or us at the earliest opportunity so we have the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- You must allow maintenance/repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
- There is no phone.
- Reasonable Broadband Internet access (1gb per week) is available at no cost, please do not undertake excessive downloads. There is to be no downloading of offensive content.
Digital TV: Available channels:
WIN (mostly Seven)
DO NOT RE-PROGRAM, CHANGE SETTINGS, TUNE OR CHANGE THE CONNECTIONS TO ANY APPLIANCE - a maintenance call out fee may apply if you do.
LIVING IN THE TROPICS
- Part of the thrill of the Australian tropics is the danger from local "nasties" here are a few, we can email a full list please request same:
- Saltwater crocodiles (this is not a joke April 2008 I saw a 2m one on the beach 200m away) - but they're not exactly common.
- Marine Stingers (Do not swim in the sea from October to April)info can be obtained here: http://www.qldbeaches.com/stingers.html. As to stinger suits, all the reef cruise boats provide them and they can also be purchased from most swimsuit /dive retailers in Cairns (there's a lot of these).
- Deadly Yellow Belly Black Snakes (quiet sunny paths)
- Poisonous spiders (generally anything yellow, is not good)
- Caterpillars covered With Spines Or Hairs contain Venom
- Green Tree Ants bite With A Nasty Nip (do not eat these)
- Dengue and Ross River fever - from mosquitoes, simple repellent works well. The most dangerous are those that bite during the day - we are pretty much constantly in a some sort of gentle salty breeze from the sea most houses on the beachfront do not have screens - we put screens on all the louvres .
- Falling Coconuts (also not a joke)
- Cyclones October to April - follow any warnings issued on ABC
- If you have any questions regarding safety or suitability call.
- We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance.
- Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with us in writing.
Please enjoy your stay!