GENERAL INFORMATION FOR RYLANCE HOLIDAY HOMES
Thank you for your interest in booking this home for your stay in Brisbane.
We have other homes as well, and they all have a dual living option, so you can rent 1 self contained level or the whole home.
For information on how to travel anywhere within Brisbane via public transport, please go to http://jp.translink.com.au/ In the journey planner type in your leaving and arrival destinations and the options will be detailed for you.
CLEANING & DISPOSABLES
Cleaning products and some disposables will be provided as a courtesy. It would be appreciated if you could replace items you use.
$33 per hour will apply if the house requires more than the standard clean.
It is expected that the dishes will be washed and put away to their original positions and your rubbish placed in the wheelie bins please.
All furniture must be returned to the original position as well please.
Please note any breakages may need to be paid for before vacating.
Our homes are accessed by a 4 digit code programmed into the entry doors
Wifi Gbs used is limited in Australia. We purchase a generous package, but once reached the internet will slow.
The password is on the fridge.
Black bins are emptied weekly – food and general waste.
Yellow top bins are emptied fortnightly and are for recyclables – bottles / paper. Please no plastic wraps.
It would be appreciated if you could move them to the kerb for collection. Tuesday night for Carrington and Lambert, Monday night for Auchenflower.
Australia has the highest power bills in the world. Air conditioners and clothes dryers are the largest consuming items.
- Leave the temp at the set 24 degrees in summer. (It does a great job at that temp, and rooms will NOT cool faster because temp is set lower)
- To increase the effectiveness and lower the power costs and help the planet
- use ceiling fans with the system on
- please ensure all windows and doors are closed
- blinds down in bedrooms..
- Turn off lounge areas at night
- Turn off system when you go out, unless extremely hot day and you will only be gone a short while.
- The pricing of this home has not allowed for 24/7 use of the system. If you will be home all days, then $11 extra will apply per day or $55 pw.
Terms and Conditions of
Temporary Holiday Accommodation
Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means Carrington Manor. and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment. “Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. FIRE SAFETY
Smoke detectors have been located throughout the home, please ensure they are not tampered with, or you may lose your security deposit. If a battery needs replacing please let us know, or if you are confident to change it, spares are in the bottom kitchen drawer.
3. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 3 pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10 am on departure date, unless otherwise agreed.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
• You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 2 days before arrival.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be arranged individually.
A deposit of 50%, is required at time of booking. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
• Payment in full must be received no later than 1 MONTH prior to your arrival.• Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
- Credit card payments through PayPal attract fees of
6. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately.
• Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
• If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking you will be refunded the money paid over the deposit, if 1 month notice is received.
• Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through internet transfer to an Australian bank account, or via PayPal to your cc.
• Once full payment is made, there are no refunds for reduction of number of guests.
• Once full payment is made, there may be a refund for reduction of number of nights if another booking is secured.
• An administration charge may be charged for any variation or cancellation.
• If Management is able to relet the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made less administration charges, commissions and expenses
• No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum fee policy.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU SECURE TRAVEL INSURANCE, WHICH WILL COVER ANY COSTS YOU INCUR FOR CANCELLATION OF BOOKING. (Conditions apply).
7. SECURITY DEPOSIT
• A security deposit payment is required before arrival via internet or in cash on arrival if you prefer. It will be credited to your Australian bank account or cc via Paypal once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within 7 working days of your departure. The trigger for this payment to be made is for you to email your bank details at the completion of your rental.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the security deposit. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
8. UNAVAILABILITY & BEST FIT POLICY
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc), then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full for any unused nights.
Quotations are given on the home that best suits your original enquiry re numbers and location and preference.
- Bookings for 2 wks or more will be guaranteed any particular home of choice if available.
- Bookings of less than 2 weeks who are not flexible in which home they are allocated, please call to discuss.
9. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS & EXCESSIVE NOISE
• Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. Small groups for dinner are welcome, but noise must not be audible to neighbours between 10pm (11pm Fri and Sat nights) and 8am.
• You have rented in a suburban area and as such stringent rules need to apply to noise. Unfortunately past guests have sorely tested our neighbour’s patience hence these conditions. Neighbours at each home have our contact numbers. In the event they call us for excessive noise, there will be one warning and $250 penalty applies. If called twice or if the police are called out, then YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
• Pets are allowed at the Property by arrangement only. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets both within and outside the property. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. Professional flea treatment may need to be carried out at Guests expense.
Dogs in season or prone to shedding hair are not permitted.
11. AIR CONDITIONERS AND DRYERS
AUSTRALIA HAS THE HIGHEST POWER BILLS IN THE WORLD.
• Air con units and dryers are the largest consumers of power. The houses have not been priced to allow for 24/7 use of air conditioners. It would be appreciated if you would turn them off when absent from the room. (If on a visit to the home, we hear the air con units on and noone is home, we reserve the right to enter and turn them off. This may result in an excess power use fee.)
Upon leaving if an airconditioner is left on, you may be charged for excess power use, as sometimes we may not get to the home the day of departure.
Each home has an outdoor line, and in fair weather please use these not the dryers.
NB Carrington apartments are supplied with combined washer / dryer.
Please NEVER set a larger 6kgs load to wash/dry cycle, max load for this function is 4kgs.
If washing 6kg load, please complete wash cycle and dry garments in 2 x batches, or use lines.
12. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund. ANY GUESTS IN EXCESS OF THOSE PAID FOR WILL BE CHARGED AT DOUBLE THE NORMAL RATE.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security deposit
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• If you remove a shopping trolley from the supermarket, fines apply if you are caught. In the event trolleys are left at the premises and we have to return them, $50 per trolley fee will apply.
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys and your entry codes. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $20 per key.
• Smoking is not permitted inside the premises. Patio and deck outside smoking is permitted.
• Using your own music amplification equipment is strictly prohibited. Small music speakers are provided, and are for low sound level enjoyment only.
13. OUTDOOR ENTERTAINMENT AREAS
Swimming Pools. The swimming pool shall not be used between the hours of 9:30pm and 7:00am each day. The following rules shall apply:
- No running around the swimming pool or no diving nor standing on the edge;
- Children under the age of twelve (12) years must be accompanied by an adult;
- Glass containers shall not be permitted in the swimming pools or enclosure.
- No unnecessary noise;
- Pets and animals are not permitted into the swimming pools or enclosure;
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be consumed in the swimming pool;
- No splashing or behaving in any manner likely to interfere with the use and enjoyment of the pool by other persons.
Fire Pit. The fire pit shall not be used between the hours of 10:00pm and 7:00am each day. The following rules shall apply.
-The fire must be constantly attended and supervised by an adult until the fire has been completely extinguished.
- Fires are not permitted on windy days when the smoke may create a nuisance for nearby neighbours.
- The use of flammable or combustible liquid accelerants is not permitted.
- Only natural fire wood cut in short lengths less than 2 feet may be burned.
14. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.