Darwin City - Harriet Apartments (1 Bedroom)
Holiday apartment in Darwin
A one bedroom apartment situated five minutes away from the B&B in Harriet Place, Darwin city - a few minutes walk to the General Post Office - ideal for short term stays in the Top End capital.
You will receive a reply to your request confirming pricing & availability prior to payment.
Please enter the check-in and check-out dates for your stay as well as the number of adults/children checking in. We will check the availability and confirm the total price including any applicable fees and taxes.
A one bedroom apartment situated five minutes away from the B&B in Harriet Place, Darwin city - a few minutes walk to the General Post Office - ideal for short term stays in the Top End capital. The apartments are located in a complex five minutes walk from the B&B.
Minimum stay is 4 nights.
One bedroom apartment
• fully furnished and self contained with kitchen utensils and linen;
• has ceiling fans and air conditioning;
• located on the first floor and facing the sunset side of the building;
• large balcony overlooking the green valley of the golf course and Botanic Gardens;
• centrally located to all facilities, including the city, restaurants (including the highly rated Nirvana), takeaway food and alcohol outlets, Mindil Beach markets, Doctors, Gully fish feeding, golf course, Botanic gardens;
• has a secure undercover car park;
• one queen bedroom with pull out sofa in the lounge area - sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 young children - very roomy for a couple;
• kitchen with microwave, oven, fridge and island bench;
• open plan living room and lounge area with TV/DVD; dining table and chairs;
• laundry with washing machine, clothes dryer and laundry tub;
• minumum booking: 4 nights;
• payment by bank transfer / netbank deposit; or Visa/Mastercard with 2% surcharge
Formerly Steeles at Larrakeyah, Janette and Roger Steele decided on a name change, but the friendly welcome remains the same.
Darwin City Bed & Breakfast (also known as Steeles at Larrakeyah B&B) is ideally located a short walk to many popular tourist facilities and attractions.
- 10 minutes walk to Darwin City centre
- 10 minutes walk to Mindil Beach Markets
- 10 minutes walk to Cullen Bay beach and restaurants
Staying with Steeles - at Darwin City Bed & Breakfast, has unique advantages with quiet enjoyment of the privacy, as well as extra personal attention. A special highlight of being a guest at the Steeles is meeting the hosts, Janette and Roger Steele - true Territorians.
Janette Steele has considerable experience in travel and is a former Director of Steele Tourism, a company that marketed Northern Territory tourism through Europe and the USA.
As well as Janette's extensive experience travelling through Europe, the United States and the Middle East, she has travelled to the Top End's best spots. This has given her the knowledge needed to recommend the best trips and tours for you.
Roger came to the Territory when Darwin was a bombed out town after the second world war. He has experienced the rebirth of the north.
At 13 years of age, Roger was sent outback to the vast cattle stations in the Victoria River country of the west. He worked his way up from ringer, drover, camp cook, head stockman, to station manager. These were the days when Aboriginal stockmen rode the outback pastoral landscape with authority and pride.
Two career changes later, and just prior to the destruction of Darwin by Cyclone Tracy, Roger was a Northern Territory member of Parliament. He was appointed the first Minister for Tourism, Parliamentary Speaker and, later, he founded the Gregory National Park, 12,882 square kilometres of outback Australian bush. Roger has certainly been a part of the story of the Northern Territory for more than five decades.
Welcome to the Territory - one of the world's best kept secrets, in the most politically stable destination in the world.
● Member of the Bed and Breakfast, Farmstay and Accommodation Australia Ltd
● Member of Tourism Top End
● Friend of the Savannah Guides Incorporating the Savannah Way Limited
● Member of Drovers' Camp, Camooweal
● Chairman of Savannah Way Limited