* 1930's Tenterfield character home with rambling cottage gardens
* We happily accept one night bookings with the exception of long weekends, local special events, Christmas & Easter
* Central location - walk to supermarket, boutique shopping, art gallery, cafes, cinema, museums
* Sleeps 6 comfortably - 3 bedrooms, 2 with Q beds, one with 2 singles. All linen supplied, including electric blankets for our chilly winter nights.
* Family friendly - cot/bassinet, change table, highchair supplied at no extra charge
* Spacious lounge with cozy wood fire. TV, DVD, CD plus an eclectic collection of movies and music
* Separate dining room
* Sunroom with daybed and plenty of books and magazines
* Fully equipped kitchen - Elgetha is self-catering but some pantry basics are supplied
* Character bathroom with separate shower and bath. Hair dryer supplied.
* Laundry with washer, dryer, iron
* Paved outdoor area & private rear garden
* Garage accommodation for one car, plus room for off-street parking for additional vehicles
Elgetha oozes ambiance and romance - the wood fire will keep you warm on our chilly winter evenings and set the scene for relaxation. The home is thoughtfully decorated with your comfort and privacy in mind, and the spacious lounge room, separate dining room and sun-room, along with a paved outdoor area and garden setting will ensure everyone will find a spot to unwind or marvel at one of our beautiful sunsets.
The entire home and surrounding gardens are yours to enjoy for the duration of your stay. We do not sub-let any rooms so you can be assured of total privacy. We are however just next door should you need assistance, or have any queries during your stay.
Tenterfield has it all - 4 seasons, big skies, historic buildings & museums, as well as being surrounded by national parks which abound in natural rugged beauty. So why not take a few days to enjoy what Tenterfield has to offer – do as little or as much as your mood takes you - national parks, wineries, historical museums,organised cultural tours, self-guided walks, movies, boutique shopping, cafes & restaurants all are on offer in Tenterfield. You can also enjoy a round of golf at the picturesque Tenterfield golf club; stroll the beautiful walking track along the creek parkland; or wander around the bird and wildlife park.
Alternatively, you may prefer to stay in, light a few candles, put on some soft music, relax with a good book in front of the log fire and just enjoy the unique ambiance of our beautiful cottage and gardens.
Elgetha is self-catering but some pantry basics are supplied, along with plunger coffee, leaf tea & drinking chocolate to refresh you on your arrival.
All bed linen and towels are supplied, along with locally hand-made soaps from Washpool Farm Soaperie. Shampoo, conditioner, tissues, hair dryer are all included.