The Olive Retreat is a comfortable, secluded cottage set in the tranquil working olive grove of the award winning Belford Green Olives. The Olive Retreat comprises a large open plan living/dining area with cosy wood fire for those chilly winter nights, 3 queen sized bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen.
Enjoy the sunsets with a glass of local Hunter Valley wine from the large back deck which enjoys spectacular views over olive trees to the Brokenback Mountains. Enjoy breakfast on the wide front verandah listening to the rustle of the trees and call of the birds.
The Olive Retreat is a haven for wild life; kangaroos and wallabies graze amongst the trees and close to the house, the bird calls are magnificent morning and evening. You will also share the cottage with a very shy but cute gecko.
Other inclusions are reverse cycle a/c, TV, DVD player and laundry facilities.
The Olive Retreat was my home for 10 years and I now open her to be enjoyed by visitors to our stunning valley.
- 1 x self contained 3 bedroom short term holiday home
- Queen size beds in all rooms.
- Set on 25 acres
- All linen supplied
- 2 bathrooms
- Undercover BBQ area with hardwood timber furntiure
- Reverse Cycle, ducted Air con
- Ceiling fans
- Wood fire
- Dog friendly (C5 vaccinations required. Up to 2 dogs ONLY per visit.)
Approx 7 mins drive from The Vintage Golf Course, Bimbadgen Estate, 10 minutes to Hope Estate and 15 to the Hunter Valley Gardens.
A walk to the front gate to pick up the shuttle to and from concert events.
- Summer concert events
- Hunter Valley Zoo
- Brewery Tours
- Hunter Valley Gardens
- Harrigans Irish Pub
- Stonebridge, The Vintage, Cypress Lakes and Crowne Plaza golf courses
- The chocolate factory
- Smelly cheese shop
- Hunter Valley Ballooning
- Ogishi glass blowing craft centre
- Wine tasting
- Award winning Restaurants
- Scenic Helicopter flights
- Balloon flights
So Plan Ahead with Getaway Hunter and make the most of your visit to the Hunter Valley wine country!
- 2 dogs max
- Well behaved (means under control at all times)
- All sizes welcome
For the best interests of all our furry visitors all dogs must also be Gut wormed, and treated for Ticks & fleas prior to their stay.
- Please note this is a 25 acre property and therefore is not fully fenced to secure animals. A secure, fenced and shaded area is available for your furry friends to stay in should you need to leave them behind whilst you venture out for the day.