Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the every day in the gorgeous Hunter valley wine country. Placed perfectly between Pokolbin and Lovedale, McCarthy's View Hunter Valley is a comfortable and affordable getaway for families and groups of 8-10 seeking a base for their weekend getaway or extended stay.
This spacious country cottage is surrounded by the natural beauty of the Australian bush. This secluded getaway looks on to Werakata National Park with its tall gumtrees and ironbarks. From the nearby dam you can hear the sounds of fish jumping and the water birds calling.
Just a short drive from a plethora of fine cellar doors, restaurants, golf courses and the zoo McCarthy's view is sure to be popular with a broad range of visitors to the Hunter Valley.
We invite you to come and soak up the country air, indulge in the exquisite offerings of wine country and enjoy our country hospitality.
WHERE TO GO?
Just 2 hours from the Sydney CBD, 1 hour from Newcastle air port and 3 minutes from Pokolbin, Lovedale and the Cessnock CBD, McCarthy's View is perfectly placed for that weekend getaway or annual holiday.
Leave the keys at home and enjoy a guided tour to taste great semillons, gutsy reds, cheese, chocolate and olives, Perhaps you would just like a restaurant or concert transfer? We can connect you to our preferred tour companies and have your activities organised in no time.
Go in style and charter a helicopter tour of the Valley. You can be collected directly from McCarthy's View and whisked away on a scenic flight, tour and lunch, restaurant transfer or brewery tour.
Grab a group of friends and have yourself a memorable balloon flight with the guys from BALLOON ALOFT. MID-WEEK DISCOUNTS available to guests who are taking a mid-week flight. Contact us now to find out more.
CONCERT TRANSFERS can be met at the nearest pick up point just 1 klm away.
A copy of our booking and cancellation policy can be requested via email. A deposit indicates that you have read and agreed to these terms.
In respect of local wildlife and livestock, we do not allow pets of any kind on the property.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- 3 Bedrooms: Queen + single. Queen + single. Single + single trundle.
- 2.5 bathrooms. (Sorry, no bath.)
- A range of Australian made toiletries and hair dryer is also available.
- Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with slider door access on to the rear veranda.
- Sprawling timber deck with outdoor setting and BBQ to take in the fresh air and views on warm summer nights.
- Large screen TV with Austar access.
- Mini hi-fi system
- Wi-fi internet access.
- Undercover parking
- Country kitchen fully equipped with electric cook top, dishwasher and fridge/freezer.
- Reverse cycle, split system air conditioning.
- All linen and towels are provided.
- Basic kitchen condiments.
- 1 minute drive time to Hunter Valley Zoo.
- 1.5 minutes to the nearest cellar door!
- 2 minutes drive to Hunter Valley Golf and Country Club, Crowne Plaza
- Transfers to and from concert events pick up nearby.
- Easy access to Werakata National Park for mountain biking and bush walking.
We are happy to offer late check-out* where possible and free of charge! Enquire on booking.
*Subject to availability.
HUNTER VALLEY ZOO is open 9.00am - 4.00pm Thurs - Tues. Closed Wednesdays.
We are OPEN EVERYDAY during the school holidays.
Closed Christmas Day
Prices listed based on 6 adults.
From $300.00 per night mid-week to $390.00 per night weekend. Additional guests charged at $65.00 per person, per night.
Property has 6 beds and can sleep a maximum of 8 people. (10 on request. Double sofa bed is employed to make 7th bed when necessary.)
Mid-week discounts available. Contact us for more information.